MV Agusta Forum banner

New MV owner 2016 F4 ABS

2K views 10 replies 6 participants last post by  AeroEquestrian 
#1 ·
I went from an old school 996 I had for a decade to a 2016 MV Agusta F4 ABS that had just 3175 miles on it. It had an R&G tail tidy on it when I picked it up from Pro-Italia. I added R&G fork protectors and rear spindle spool protectors and the R&G Titanium radiator guard. Then I added the Scorpio R-Link GPS and alarm. I've sourced the connectors to make a short Y cable that connects the R-Link to the OEM battery connector and a switched positive on the 4 pin diagnostic plug in the tail. True plug and play if anyone is interested.

So far I'm extremely happy with the bike.

I'm pretty optimistic about it. So many things are so good on this thing right out of the box, even the stock slipper is better than any STM or EVR slipper dry clutch I had in the 996. It's a giant leap to another bike with soul for me.

#2 ·
Welcome, I assume you are USA based? Good form is to add your location in the USER CP section.

Its a big leap in technology over 10 years, I'm sure you will have fun. Any Pictures?

#5 ·
The car I did ok on... A 2004 I had from 15k miles to 100K last week. It was one of the few three pedal hand shift cars. Just was not feeling it anymore. I'd rather ride than chase rare parts and gremlins.

I was torn between the rivian R1T and the cybertruck. I decided.. Enough range to do anything I'd do and it's a plug in sub three second 0-60 with room for my big dogs either way.

I've got two sets of wheels for the hopped up DR650, street and offload tires, setup for commuting in this.. Save the MV for twisties only and commute without a care about speed bumps, potholes or anyone messing with it in the lot on the DR.

I sourced and pinned matching connectors to make the Rlink install a simple plug in with no modifications needed to the bike.

Attachments

#6 ·
Welcome to the family !!!! Nice choices in vehicles. That DR650 is as bullet proof as you can get in a motorcycle.

Please do a write up on your GPS/Alarm install. Looks very nice.

#9 ·
The alarm is a 3 wire circuit. Battery positive and negative and a ignition switched positive. The battery connections are found on the OEM charger plug and after looking at the schematic in the back of my manual and verifying with a meter I found the striped yellow wire on the diagnostic connector to be ignition switched positive.

I had to order a big bag of each connectors since they don't come in one or twos so I'm likely to just build y cables with the extras I had to buy to build one for me and sell them in an appropriate venue as plug and play install kits for the R-link. Any bike with the two pin charge plug and the 4 pin diagnostic plug will be compatible.. Just Velcro the alarm to the side of the under tail and plug in three plugs. One end of the y to the alarm, connector two to the battery charger plug and connector three to the diagnostic connector... Install done.

Attachments

#10 ·
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.