Hello fellow MV enthusiasts! - MVAgusta.net
 1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 15 (permalink) Old 12-04-2019, 08:46 PM Thread Starter

New Site Garage
Hello fellow MV enthusiasts!

Thought I'd introduce myself. I've been riding since I was 6 years old (past 30 years) and recently had an opportunity I couldn't pass up - a close friend offered me his 2006 MV F4 1000 S and I said yes! He owned the bike since 2008 & 770 miles and has kept amazing care of the machine. I've known the bike since he bought it and even performed some of the maintenance & installed an upgraded water pump for him in 2015. It now has 9800 miles and looks & runs just like an MV should. It has an aftermarket exhaust system and re calibrated ECM and sounds so wonderful.

This machine a +1 for my garage along side my 2018 KTM Superduke 1290 R which I bought new last year. The KTM and MV are a nice pair to pick from. The KTM is comfortable, has a hooligan sound and torque curve, and the rider aids make handling the ~160 whp super easy when I want, but turning them off is always an option. Alternatively, the MV has excessive power and no rider aids, which is a thrill to ride and reminds me how fun it is to be in complete control of the power. It reminds me of my last machine...

Previous to these, I owned a pretty special 2005 Buell XB12S, which I bought new in 2006. Over the 13 years I owned it, I put it thru all kinds of torture, including a few serious turbocharger setups and some major engine & chassis renovations. In 2011, it put down over 180 hp and 170 ft-lbs to the rear wheel, and it only got better from there. In the end, it was on it's way to ~280 whp & 230 ft-lbs, but I just lost interest in the project, sold it in pieces to a friend, and bought the KTM. I may end up helping my friend finish the Buell build to see what she can actually do.

Now, I'm extremely happy with my two machines and look forward to keeping the MV well maintained and enjoying her for what she is, an amazing & timeless Italian machine! Here are some pics of my new MV, KTM, and my old Buell:

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 15 (permalink) Old 12-04-2019, 09:32 PM

Hello Eric and welcome!
That's a nice friend to pass along such a well-maintained F4. Seems you are a good match to appreciate both bikes! Thanks for the intro.
post #3 of 15 (permalink) Old 12-04-2019, 09:41 PM

Welcome, EricZ! Great bikes you have there. You certainly have the "go fast" bases covered.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 15 (permalink) Old 12-04-2019, 09:44 PM Thread Starter

New Site Garage
Thanks Edward and Wayah!
post #5 of 15 (permalink) Old 12-04-2019, 09:47 PM

FYI, Eric, I just bough a second home in Waynesville, NC. Let's go on a ride sometime up NC 209!
post #6 of 15 (permalink) Old 12-04-2019, 09:51 PM Thread Starter

New Site Garage
For reference, here was the rear wheel performance from my old XB....I miss this machine but I've moved on and love my MV and KTM.

post #7 of 15 (permalink) Old 12-04-2019, 09:55 PM Thread Starter

New Site Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayah View Post
FYI, Eric, I just bough a second home in Waynesville, NC. Let's go on a ride sometime up NC 209!

Very cool! Tomorrow may be the last day I ride until sometime in Feb...I'm not much of a fan of riding in <50 deg F temps...but I'm totally up for meeting up for a ride! I prefer rides with 1-2 others, maybe small groups, but rarely go with large groups. I ride well within my limits on the street and respect others various riding abilities.
post #8 of 15 (permalink) Old 12-04-2019, 10:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EricZ View Post
Very cool! Tomorrow may be the last day I ride until sometime in Feb...I'm not much of a fan of riding in <50 deg F temps...but I'm totally up for meeting up for a ride! I prefer rides with 1-2 others, maybe small groups, but rarely go with large groups. I ride well within my limits on the street and respect others various riding abilities.
I was out on my MV today, but it was a bit too cold to be wholly enjoyable. FWIW, I avoid large group rides, too, and usually ride by myself or with 1 riding buddy. Tomorrow's a work day for me, and it looks like the best weather in the near future. The way it goes, I guess. Let's keep in touch.
post #9 of 15 (permalink) Old 12-04-2019, 10:16 PM
Old Wing Nut

Send a message via Skype™ to esq'z me
Welcome to the family EricZ ... We will be expecting you at the Gapalicious next fall !!!
EricZ likes this.

I used to be fast....now I just dream about it.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

'08 910R (Gina), '04 F4 SPR #275 Track Bike (Lola), YSR50 (The Rabbit), '71 CB100 (Lil' Red), '75 RD350C (Orange Bird) restoration project, '70 Suzuki F50 (Baby Blue)
post #10 of 15 (permalink) Old 12-05-2019, 08:18 AM

Hello & Welcome

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode