MV Agusta Forum banner

Hello and help

4K views 14 replies 6 participants last post by  Trevj 
#1 · (Edited by Moderator)
hi,
Newbie who has had the dragster 800 rr now for 3months or so. Great fun to ride. In Melbourne Australia and have been on a few longer runs ( Grampians and GOR ) so not so thrilled with how often i need to visit a Servo.
Anyway my issue is the Dash LEAN ANGLE fault is coming on so can anyone help me to locate where this sensor is on the bike so i can start to check connections etc

cheers

Land vehicle Vehicle Motorcycle Motor vehicle Motorcycling

See less See more
#9 ·
After reading the workshop manual i am still not clear on whether the tilt sensor located under the seat is the cause of the "Lean Angle" fault coming up on the dash
Also the Electrical diagram has 46 listed as "Lean angle sensor" for the Dragster

Is the "Lean angle sensor" the tilt sensor ?

From workshop manual
TILT SENSOR
The fall sensor (1) acts on the engine control unit, interrupting power when a vehicle tilt of more than 60°± 10°
for more than 3 seconds.

cheers

#11 ·
A couple of things would help here: One would be to state the model year of your Dragster 800RR and the other would be to place the information about model and year in you signature line.

The model year is important as changes to wiring and components change by model year....sometimes drastically.

Putting that information in your signature line through USER CP keeps it as a footnote on every post so that folks looking to help don;t have to dig through the thread to figure that information out.

Welcome...you answer is probably yes, but I'd like to know what year bike you have in order to help confirm it.

#12 ·
Updated signature as advised
its a 2017 Dragster 800 RR Euro3
i've opened a thread in "Maintenance & Tech. Issues (3 Cyl. Models)" with issue in title for clarity.

Seems to be that the "Tilt" sensor is under the seat with "UP" printed on it so will be looking tonight to see if i have any luck locating it
cheers

#13 ·
There are two possible locations:

The 2017 manual suggests that the TILT SENSOR is mounted to the airbox under the fuel tank near the ignition keylock:

Auto part Engine Fuel line Automotive fuel system Automotive engine part

The 2013 manual shows the TILT SENSOR to be located under the seat:

Technology Circuit component Electronic device Auto part Font

#14 ·
I think Arcimboldo has it right...under the LEFT FRONT cover....

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.