MV Agusta Forum banner

Caferr F3 675 intro (Cheers from Poland)

2K views 11 replies 6 participants last post by  sajmani 
#1 ·
Hi therre,

I am from Poland. I just bought my first MV Augusta F3 675 2012.
Now I am checking it extreamly carefully, and noticed 3 things: 2 some kind of a sad, and one strange.
I tried to find similar cases on the forum, but without success - maybe some of you, dear experienced MV riders - will be able to answer my questions :)

Question one: (sad one) under the passanger seat - the fairing is broken - is it a common case? What material is this fairing made from? (I am thinking about welding it, but need to be sure what material is it). What is funny, I checked this place twice during checking the bike before buying I but just was blind there :)

Question two: (sad one) on rear swing arm - I see that set was flexible in the past and it destroyed swing arm a bit - is it a common case? Are there any tricks to avoid further damage? (funny, didn't notice it before buing it - now I even see on the seller photos it was visible there)

Question third: (strange, hope not sad) on the left side of the engine - I see marks "829" - is it factory marks or not? Do you have such signs (they seems to be written like by a pencil or something similar in the color)

Looking for answers from you!

BTW F3 is amazing! Feeling after first ride is great. I miss the sound of the "tre pistoni" engine since I switched it off!

Attachments

See less See more
#3 ·
Welcome to the family !!! The numbers are just what nigelrb said. You will find similar markings on lots of other brands of bikes as well.

I think the body plastic is ABS type, but I am not 100%. Maybe the owner's manual will tell? This is not a common problem. Somewhere along the way that part was bumped hard or handled roughly during remove and reinstall.

The swing arm damage looks like the heel guard on the foot rest came loose at some time or got bent back into the swing arm and scraped it. I don't think it is common or even what caused it. Accident?

Anyway... welcome !!

#4 ·
I agree. Your heal guard scraped the arm. Check to see if it is still bent inwards. I suspect it's still too close. Bodywork wise please check all your connecting points. Again from looking at the photo there appears to be other cracks around the other mounting holes. Maybe someone really really heavy pushed down on the back.

and, WELCOME!

#5 ·
thanks for answers!

Regarding heel guard - I agree - it scraped the arm. The question is - why it is so flexible? I changed its position by hand not to touch to the arm anymore, but I think my foot can do the opposite when riding. And thats my question - do you have any tricks to avoid that (to make the heel guard less flexible? or maybe glue some plastic to the guard (on its back) to make plastic touch arm first not the metal to metal? Or just be careful not to push foot to the guard (thats in fact the guard is for me - to stabilize the foot by pressing it)

it seems like the general problem - check photo below (found on internet) - I see similar damage on the arm.

Attachments

#6 ·
It must be bent towards the arm. Take the guard off and inspect for curvature. Next check the mounting bracket attached to the bike. Take it off and inspect for bends and/or cracks. Your heal should not be able to push the guard inwards so easily if at all.

#10 ·
Its winter time in Poland, so I am preparing F3 to the season.

I found the reason of heel guard damaging the swing arm. Heel guard was broken and only one bolt was there, the second one was disconnected from the rest, so the heel guard was too flexible! New heel guard (OEM used) just arrived so no more damages to swing arm will be done :D

Additionally I managed to get OEM used tail fairing in a perfect condition so I will replace this as well.

My F3 will be in perfect shape soon. Generally, I owned 2 bikes before (CB 450 & CBR XX) and I used to modify both of them. Currently I have a feeling that MV is worth keeping it OEM. Its just peace of art! I just can't wait spring time! This is first bike I bought in winter.

Any riders form Poland here?

#11 ·
Any riders form Poland here?
I believe there are... add your location to your profile, that might help with finding others.

Happy you have solved the mystery of the heel guard. :)

#12 ·
Hi Caferr,

Regarding question 1. Please check other bolting points for crack. As this is ABS plastic, a silicon glue can do the trick instead of a weld. If you are thinking of welding, would you be sewing it using a metal thread?

Regarding question 2. These marks can be riding shoe metal rubbing or denim rub. Mostly due to heavy braking or trying trail braking. The previous owner might be learning track riding skills. I would say to install rubber guards as other members have suggested or not to have riding boots with inside metal piece to avoid more damage.

Good luck with the bike. Happy riding.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.