One off MV F4 750 2000 - MVAgusta.net
 4Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 20 (permalink) Old 10-22-2019, 04:33 PM Thread Starter

One off MV F4 750 2000

Hi all. I Just purchased this special MV F4 750. It has a F400 VIN just like a ORO. Was made for a arabic prince in a one off color ordered by Castiglioni. Has any ever heard of something like this? I heard that former F1 drivers also received an F4 in a special color.
Does any one know of other examples like this? It should have a 137hp engine that is different from the normal 125HP engine.

Hope to get some more information. The factory has confirmed this special story. The bike was made for the prince hoping he would invest in the company.

Thanks in advance.
Attached Images

vtomi48 likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 20 (permalink) Old 10-22-2019, 07:06 PM
Old Wing Nut

Send a message via Skype™ to esq'z me
Well, the steering crown plaque is the real deal (engraver's stamps) although I suspect the red paint was added.

Looks like a stock F4 750 with a silver paint job. Probably has the SPR engine, that's the power-up version. Not too much special about it that jumps out other than the plaque. Carbon body parts? Maybe the heat guards on the exhaust (can't tell for sure), but what else?

Nice looking bike. There have been some other one offs, a striking yellow and silver example I have seen photos of is one.

At any rate, welcome to the family !!! Please add your location to your profile.

I used to be fast....now I just dream about it.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

'08 910R (Gina), '04 F4 SPR #275 Track Bike (Lola), YSR50 (The Rabbit), '71 CB100 (Lil' Red), '75 RD350C (Orange Bird) restoration project, '70 Suzuki F50 (Baby Blue)
post #3 of 20 (permalink) Old 10-22-2019, 09:47 PM

New Site Garage
My F4 is same color combination but no plaque and not near as pristine!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 20 (permalink) Old 10-22-2019, 10:15 PM

Wow, clean bike

2012 Brutale 920

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #5 of 20 (permalink) Old 10-23-2019, 12:43 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jpickett View Post
My F4 is same color combination but no plaque and not near as pristine!
Just seen pictures of your bike. Thats a totally different color. Yours is shiney silver (diamante) mine is flat grey. The paintset was made as pre production but has never made it to production and was mounted on a bike after a few months of laying in Castiglionis office (as the story goes).
post #6 of 20 (permalink) Old 10-23-2019, 12:53 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by esq'z me View Post
Well, the steering crown plaque is the real deal (engraver's stamps) although I suspect the red paint was added.

Looks like a stock F4 750 with a silver paint job. Probably has the SPR engine, that's the power-up version. Not too much special about it that jumps out other than the plaque. Carbon body parts? Maybe the heat guards on the exhaust (can't tell for sure), but what else?

Nice looking bike. There have been some other one offs, a striking yellow and silver example I have seen photos of is one.

At any rate, welcome to the family !!! Please add your location to your profile.
It is not silver (diamante) but flat grey.

The strange thing is that the SPR engine was introduced a few years later. My bike is from 2000 and the engine number is also from this year.

Last edited by Enrico99; 10-23-2019 at 01:24 AM.
post #7 of 20 (permalink) Old 10-23-2019, 03:23 AM

Send a message via AIM to nigelrb Send a message via Skype™ to nigelrb
Hi Enrico and welcome.

Certainly a nice bike with a prized history.

With no criticism whatsoever, the bike appears a bit 'plain Jane'. If I were of Arabian royalty, I'd follow suit with something highly ostentatious.

Nevertheless, you have a one-off bike that would truly be the envy of many MV devotees. Are you able to reveal how you chanced upon this special find? Could be a story in itself!
esq'z me and anothermvfanatic like this.

2007 MV F4 1000R
2018 CBR1000RR SP2 : 2004 CBR1000RR : 2003 CBR954RR : 2001 CBR929RR (Erion Racing Edition)
1985 Honda VF1000R : 1985 Honda NS400R
2020 Daytona 765 Moto 2 Replica (on order)
post #8 of 20 (permalink) Old 10-23-2019, 06:49 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by nigelrb View Post
Hi Enrico and welcome.

Certainly a nice bike with a prized history.

With no criticism whatsoever, the bike appears a bit 'plain Jane'. If I were of Arabian royalty, I'd follow suit with something highly ostentatious.

Nevertheless, you have a one-off bike that would truly be the envy of many MV devotees. Are you able to reveal how you chanced upon this special find? Could be a story in itself![IMG class=inlineimg]https://www.mvagusta.net/forum/images/MVagusta_net_2016/smilies/tango_face_smile.png[/IMG]
I read a story of this bike that a former employee of MV wrote because the bike was for auction in the UK. It did not sel at auction but I bought it a few months later from the auction company.

The bike supposed to be donated bij Castiglioni and maybe thats why it isnt full with carbon.
And I like plain I guess. 🙂
post #9 of 20 (permalink) Old 10-23-2019, 08:52 AM

New Site Garage
Send a message via MSN to gotfolk Send a message via Skype™ to gotfolk
More photos of said bike / story...

https://www.classicdriver.com/en/car...f4/1999/681594

2015 Yamaha FJ-09
2012 Brutale 1090RR
2005 Yamaha R6 - Sold
The Following User Says Thank You to gotfolk For This Useful Post:
post #10 of 20 (permalink) Old 10-23-2019, 09:07 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by gotfolk View Post
More photos of said bike / story...

https://www.classicdriver.com/en/car...f4/1999/681594
Indeed. Is there any knowledge of other one offs? Especially with a F400 VIN? Just curious 😉

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode