New Member and thinking of F3 or F4 - MVAgusta.net
 8Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 37 (permalink) Old 10-13-2019, 11:44 PM Thread Starter

New Member and thinking of F3 or F4

Hello everyone,

I am writting you from Portugal, 43 years old, actually riding a Suzuki GSX-S750, and in my pursuit looking for a more sporty replacement, MV Agusta is up there with Ducati.

Now I have read quite a lot and despite some stories are keeping me a bit on my toes, I still feel I would like to take a risk for they are such beautiful bikes!

I believe most of you have them as 2nd bikes, or even 3rd and so on. This will be my only bike and believe it or not, I plan on using it every day... for commuting and obviously fun rides! Now I believe many will think Iīm crazy. It is a short ride to work (10Km each way) but still, do you think it is possible to use these bikes on a daily base or am I just being a dreamer?

I honestly donīt know what to choose yet. The F3 800 would be the "obvious" choice for my needs but the F4, visually, has just something to it that I cannot explain!

Now you will tell me to test-ride them and choose the one I like the most. Well, if until now what I said made no sense to you, it is about to get worse... no models available here for a test-ride. So I will go mainly on looks and hope it is everything I think it is!!!

As a final note, for total madness, I will buy it new... and no I am not "loaded", just saved hard for a dream bike over the years and that 3 years warranty sounds sweet!

And speaking of that, regarding the latest model, is there something I need to worry right from the beginning with either model, or have the most common issues been adressed by now?

Thank you very much for reading and cheers!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 37 (permalink) Old 10-13-2019, 11:57 PM
MVAgusta.net Sponsor

New Site Garage
Send a message via Skype™ to mitchy
Welcome to the forum.
My choice would be a F4 without a doubt.
Armando1969 and sajmani like this.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Bike- F4 1078 312rr
Work.Email & Paypal.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Work Phone (+61)0755244655
Facebook- Mitch Covington
Mobile-0423041326
post #3 of 37 (permalink) Old 10-14-2019, 12:31 AM

3 of my F4's have been my daily commuter. Go for it.

2009 F4 RR 1078 312
2005 F4 Tamboweenie
2005 F4 1000S
1999 Aprilia RS50
1996 Ducati 916
1959 MV Agusta TREL 125 Centomila

PAST - 2013 F4RR, 2008 F4 312R, 2005 F4 1000S, 1999 F4 750 S
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 37 (permalink) Old 10-14-2019, 01:05 AM

I asked the same question. You’re right the F4 has a certain thing about it that you just can’t ignore. F3 is still a beautiful bike. From what I’ve read the F3 seems to have had more issues and quirks than the F4 but that’s why i am also asking the question.
post #5 of 37 (permalink) Old 10-14-2019, 02:34 AM
Established Member

Welcome and can I ask if you maybe looked at the 4 cylinder Brutale as daily commute? Of the 2 you mentioned the F4 is better cause the F3 is, in my opinion, more of a track machine in the sense you have to ride it harder to get the most out of it. Also most Isues I've seen around the F3 and F4 for that matter start due to crap batterries.

'12 F4RR CorsaCorta, '12 F3 675
'18 Ducati Xdiavel
'15 Triumph Daytona 675R -
new toy

Previous-Sold...That I remember
'05 Yamaha R1
'09 Yamaha R1
'12 BMW S1000RR
post #6 of 37 (permalink) Old 10-14-2019, 02:38 AM

Send a message via AIM to nigelrb Send a message via Skype™ to nigelrb
F4 for me.

Question you need to consider: Do you have adequate lock up and security for the bike at both work and home?
Black_Gold_Saw and Tirefriar like this.

2007 MV F4 1000R
post #7 of 37 (permalink) Old 10-14-2019, 03:50 AM

Did the same as you, I went F4 as I had always lusted after one, the F3 may have been a better technical option for me, but I did not want to say I 'Could' have bought my dream and instead settled for 2nd place, no offence intended to F3 owners. :-)

----------------------------------------
2015 MV F4, ABS
ECU Re-Mapped with ECU studio (F4 RC base ROM)
QS & Blipper now working with ECU studio and Durashift sensor

others
GSXR 1000
GSXR 750
post #8 of 37 (permalink) Old 10-14-2019, 05:28 AM

Hi mate! Welcome from Spain. Where place of Portugal are you from? I love Lisbon, Porto, Braga, and Sierra da Estella to ride a bike!!

I understand your feelings about MV F4, I have same feelings. So, go for it. If you spend your savings in the F3... Probably you regret it.

I donīt recommend it for every day use, because they spend a lot of gasoline, the mantenaice cost are expensive, you have to mount sport tyres to really enjoy it, and there are not adecuate for every day ride (they wear down only in the center), the F4 suffer temperature problems and in urban traffic are worse. the MVīs donīt turn in urban traffic. I recomend you save 1500€ more, and go for a Burgman 200 (for example) to every day ride. Probably you return the investmen in one or two years of the F4 mantenaince cost. And think in the cost devaluation of MV with high mileage.

By the way, are you a experience biker? MV are difficult to ride bikes, you have to ride it with decission. There are not good to learn.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nigelrb View Post
F4 for me.

Question you need to consider: Do you have adequate lock up and security for the bike at both work and home?
Important question. MV are bikes to storage in a secure garage. You canīt park it in street. So if you donīt have garage in your work, I recomend you, save little more money and buy a small scooter for everyday.

In my case, I cover it in the garage, to not allow to see what bike it is.

Current
MV Agusta Brutale 910S ī07
Suzuki GSXR 1300 Hayabusa ī02
BMW R850R ī01
Yamaha X Max 250 ī13

Past
HD Sportster 883C ī06
KTM 990 Adventure ī07
BMW R1200S ī06
Suzuki GSXR 600 ī04
Honda CBR125R ī06

Last edited by Dariete; 10-14-2019 at 06:00 AM.
post #9 of 37 (permalink) Old 10-14-2019, 05:41 AM

New Site Garage
You saved up cash to buy your dream bike.
What exactly is your dream bike? <-- your first thought after reading that is the one you should get.

You mentioned its only a 10km ride to your work. Which in itself is fine, but dont expect to crank the throttle in such a short time with having a cold engine.
You can do this in the weekends and longer rides.
(Thats just my opinion, cause I believe an engine should atleast have runned for 20-30 minutes before the real fun begins. Metals & fluids need to get to operating temps.
Cause you dont like jumping out of bed and start sprinting. You'll cramp up and pull a muscle.
)

As for not able to test riding both models. F3 is known to be more easy on the wrist and overal position.
Since its a 3 cylinder its very narrow and footpegs are lower than other superbikes. AKA more legroom and more upright.
I cannot speak for F4. But its sure more leaned over.

Everyone says to get the F4. Well I say get the F3.
Cause saying that sure helps xD

"Mileena"
MV Agusta F3 675 '17 - Matt Avio Grey

post #10 of 37 (permalink) Old 10-14-2019, 07:22 AM

Hello & Welcome.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode