New Member and thinking of F3 or F4 - Page 3 - MVAgusta.net
 8Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #21 of 37 (permalink) Old 10-15-2019, 08:45 PM Thread Starter

Hello friends,

Thank you very much for all your input and time in answering. I really apreciate it. I have been thinking of course about many of the aspects that you have been alerting me abou, especially regarding how to use it or where to use it. I totally agree but in all honesty if I was to be making a logical and pratical decision I wouldnt be here for sure! 😁

Anyway, I have started a little on my toes, as I have said before, but after reading plenty, Im starting to feel more confident about the brand and I have started talks with the sales department in my city. Let us see what comes out of it. Im still not 100% sure about which model to go but I still think I should go for the F4 in the end.

I am still waiting to get feedback about models availabilty. Im just afraid if I have to wait something like 3 or 4 months for a bike! I dont think I could be that patient, I know it is one of my flaws! ... but let us see!

Just for you to know, I also kept communications with Ducati in the last few months and they said that a new Panigale 959 was about to be presented to the world very soon, so I would lie if Im not curious about that... especially if there is a Corse version of that bike. Never rode either a Ducati or a MV Agusta, so I really do not know if they are even comparable bikes (the F4 with the 959) probably it would be more suited with a comparison to the F3 800.

Cheers and thank you once again!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 37 (permalink) Old 10-15-2019, 10:43 PM

No offense to the F3/B3 crowd, in my opinion and experience the F4/B4 is the way to go. As many above have said that the F4 is not such an easy bike to ride in traffic. An option to this could be a Brutale 4 cylinder. It may not have the "bling" factor of the F4 but it is certainly a 100% MV. Get an MV or Ducati if that tickles your fancy but life is too short to ride a scooter IMHO. Good luck!
post #23 of 37 (permalink) Old 10-15-2019, 10:46 PM

Kudos to the quote of the year. "Life is too short to ride a scooter."

2009 F4 RR 1078 312
2005 F4 Tamboweenie
2005 F4 1000S
1999 Aprilia RS50
1996 Ducati 916
1959 MV Agusta TREL 125 Centomila

PAST - 2013 F4RR, 2008 F4 312R, 2005 F4 1000S, 1999 F4 750 S
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #24 of 37 (permalink) Old 10-16-2019, 12:11 AM Thread Starter

I loved your statement my friend... "Life is too short to ride a scooter." 👌

I forgot to mention an important aspect that does not let me go of the F3 option. I am 5.7 height (actually 5.67 to be exact) and in my suzuki with a 820mm seat height I will not flat foot by no means. The 830mm F4 seat kind of makes me worried. So I keep looking at the F3 805mm seat height and the fact that the bike is nimbler which could be a positive factor in "traffic" but of course not a decisive point "per se".

Things like this just keeps me wondering. At the same time I cannot understand if the problems that kept rising at least until the 2017 /2018? F3 800 version, are now resolved with the 2019 version. Battery, sprang and rear brake issues are a thing of the past or still "haunting" this year F3 800 also?

Cheers.
post #25 of 37 (permalink) Old 10-16-2019, 12:12 AM
MVAgusta.net Sponsor

New Site Garage
Send a message via Skype™ to mitchy
You really need to ride both models and decide for yourself.
You don't want to spend your money and be unhappy.
The F3 and F4 are both fun bikes to ride but the bucks stop with you.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Bike- F4 1078 312rr
Work.Email & Paypal.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Work Phone (+61)0755244655
Facebook- Mitch Covington
Mobile-0423041326
post #26 of 37 (permalink) Old 10-16-2019, 12:16 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by mitchy View Post
You really need to ride both models and decide for yourself.
You don't want to spend your money and be unhappy.
The F3 and F4 are both fun bikes to ride but the bucks stop with you.
I promise you that if I could ride any of them... I wouldnt be asking your help in this particular matter of choices.

Unfortunetly, in my country, japanese bikes apart, if you want to buy the more expensive italian bikes only after testing riding them... you can forget about that. With some exceptions just the months that follow its release of course.

Cheers.
post #27 of 37 (permalink) Old 10-16-2019, 12:39 AM
MVAgusta.net Sponsor

New Site Garage
Send a message via Skype™ to mitchy
OK,fair enough.
I will put it another way-
If you are riding in city areas and occasionally ride country roads with sweeping bends etc,buy the nimble F3.
If you want litre bike power with brakes,suspension and handling to match,buy a F4.
F4's are not comfortable with city speed limits and traffic,they like travelling at speed with wind blowing through their ears.
F4's are also not built for comfort,but the bruises do fade away and you get used to it.
I am biased and own a F4,but I stay away from city areas as much as possible.
All my opinion.
Terrys409 likes this.

Bike- F4 1078 312rr
Work.Email & Paypal.

Work Phone (+61)0755244655
Facebook- Mitch Covington
Mobile-0423041326
post #28 of 37 (permalink) Old 10-16-2019, 06:45 AM Thread Starter

Smile

Quote:
OK,fair enough.
If you are riding in city areas and occasionally ride country roads with sweeping bends etc,buy the nimble F3.
If you want litre bike power with brakes,suspension and handling to match,buy a F4.
F4's are not comfortable with city speed limits and traffic,they like travelling at speed with wind blowing through their ears.
F4's are also not built for comfort,but the bruises do fade away and you get used to it.
All my opinion.
Thank you very much for your reply. That was very clear!

Cheers.
post #29 of 37 (permalink) Old 10-16-2019, 07:02 AM

Quote:
OK,fair enough.
All my opinion.
F3 is not much better in the city. It also gets hot in slow riding.

Sprag issue has for the most part been resolved. Battery issue is something that you can replace yourself with a lithium unit so non issue and rear brake will never work so forget it.

If you want a bike primarily for commuting, I suggest look elsewhere (my opinion). If you want a bike for weekends that can also do a little commuting then you can compromise and consider an MV.
glpsace likes this.
post #30 of 37 (permalink) Old 10-16-2019, 07:30 AM

New Site Garage
I have had all different makes and models and the F4 has has always stirred the soul better than any other. Take care of an F4 with regular servicing and it will last for many miles and many years, mine has. Great bikes and the 'only' choice.
If you have particular needs for the bike such as use in hot weather etc it can all be sorted.

MV F4 750 EVO3 2003
MV Brutale 910s 2007
Honda VFR800 1998
Honda MBX 125 FE 1983
F4 Agusta mini moto replica
Chinese Quadbike made of peanut butter (crunchy).

Last edited by EVO Chris; 10-16-2019 at 10:09 AM.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode