New MV Agusta F3 800 RC owner... - Page 3 - MVAgusta.net
 19Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-22-2019, 10:21 PM

Wow, that bike must make every ride, a knee down type of ride. haha
AlienResidents likes this.

2012 Brutale 920 (Weekend Toy)

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2018 Suzuki Address 110 (Daily Ride)
2017 Hyosung 650GTR (Track bike project)
2015 CF Moto 150 (deceased)
2010 Kawasaki ZX-10R (Sold)
2009 Suzuki GSX-F 650 (deceased)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-22-2019, 10:37 PM Thread Starter

New Site Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdgun View Post
Welcome and nice ride!

Any chance you could answer question i have about the upper fairing sticker? Is the number board, the green, mv agusta and number all printed on the same sticker or multiple stickers?

Thanks! She's in the shop at the moment for her first service, and to fix the coolant temperature sensor.

The stickers, from what I can tell are all individual, and under the clear coat of paint, so you can't really take them off without destroying the paint, and subsequently getting a new paint job.

Chris-
jdgun likes this.

Current Daily Rider - 2019 F3 800 RC (Rode home on September 23, 2019)

From Alaska, living in Melbourne Australia
Old 10-23-2019, 07:15 PM Thread Starter

New Site Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuckles2Wheels View Post
Wow, that bike must make every ride, a knee down type of ride. haha

Yeah that's kinda how I think of it too Now that she is getting her first service, she'll be a bit more fun to ride I reckon

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-23-2019, 07:31 PM Thread Starter

New Site Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by sajmani View Post
Congratulations @AlienResidents. Share your riding experience with the F3800RC. I am also looking to get one. Would be worth to get your opinion.

Welcome to the club.

I am pretty happy with the purchase. The RC version comes with a nice box full of goodies, which you can see here (not my video),
. There has been 1 thing go wrong already, and that was from day 1, on the ride home.

The H20 (not capital o, but zero) sensor, coolant temperature (vapor?) sensor was bad, and not turning the fan on, and threw a bit "MALFUNCTION" all over the dash. I brought the bike back the next day and they just flashed the ECU for fixing the H20 problem. I figured that was a weird way to "fix" a sensor, but hey what did I know. Anyway, that did not fix the issue, and I decided to keep riding it, and at one point the coolant became to hot and pissed out the overflow (as designed), so at that point it was ready for first service, so I took the bike in. The bike would also shutoff during this time due to pulling in the clutch while coming up to traffic lights, or parking etc., and that is a big no no as a serious safety issue, and severe enough in Australia to make them buy back the bike if I wanted (I did not want that!). She is in the shop getting that worked on right now, so hopefully the new H20 sensor will work flawlessly, and the pretty parts from the box in that video above are installed, and moar power!

After reading a few articles here on the forum about faulty H20 sensors, that seems to be the norm for service centers to not want to warranty the part, but yet flashing the ECU seems to be the norm.

If you're into performance bikes, and if you love the sweet sweet sound of a 3-cylinder motorcycle engine, which to me is like a diesel engine, and a v-twin had a baby, then get one!

It is super fun to ride, you should be an experienced rider, in my opinion because it doesn't come with a steering damper, and if you're a rider like me, the front *will* come up, so if that scares you, then don't buy it.

Never had a bike with ABS, or TC (traction control), and it's already kicked in a few times under heavy braking where I wanted the bike to brake that hard. So being able to customise the TC settings was perfect for me! Normally I am happy to slide both tires around corners, or wiggle the rear end a bit under heavy braking, but this bike sometimes decides differently, so I am still getting used to that aspect of it.
sajmani likes this.

The Following User Says Thank You to AlienResidents For This Useful Post:
Old 10-23-2019, 07:32 PM Thread Starter

New Site Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Black_Gold_Saw View Post
Very nice bike

Tail tidy time!!

Indeed! getting that taken care of as I type this as the bike is in for it's first service, and to fix a faulty H20 sensor.

Old 10-25-2019, 10:05 AM

New Site Garage
Wow. Thanks for the update. I am having similar issues with my F4 where the coolant will heat up, the fan will be late to come on and it will go into suspension malfunction and cut the engine. I have had this issue riding at 25mph, 50mph and even above 100mph. It seemed like stupid stuff where the bike will start leaking coolant from the reservoir. I have not tried getting the H20 sensor fixed.
I will try that. And yes have always been fascinated with the MV's. I am definitely looking to get one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlienResidents View Post
I am pretty happy with the purchase. The RC version comes with a nice box full of goodies, which you can see here (not my video), https://youtu.be/Y9fTsQpsUXk?t=40. There has been 1 thing go wrong already, and that was from day 1, on the ride home.

The H20 (not capital o, but zero) sensor, coolant temperature (vapor?) sensor was bad, and not turning the fan on, and threw a bit "MALFUNCTION" all over the dash. I brought the bike back the next day and they just flashed the ECU for fixing the H20 problem. I figured that was a weird way to "fix" a sensor, but hey what did I know. Anyway, that did not fix the issue, and I decided to keep riding it, and at one point the coolant became to hot and pissed out the overflow (as designed), so at that point it was ready for first service, so I took the bike in. The bike would also shutoff during this time due to pulling in the clutch while coming up to traffic lights, or parking etc., and that is a big no no as a serious safety issue, and severe enough in Australia to make them buy back the bike if I wanted (I did not want that!). She is in the shop getting that worked on right now, so hopefully the new H20 sensor will work flawlessly, and the pretty parts from the box in that video above are installed, and moar power!

After reading a few articles here on the forum about faulty H20 sensors, that seems to be the norm for service centers to not want to warranty the part, but yet flashing the ECU seems to be the norm.

If you're into performance bikes, and if you love the sweet sweet sound of a 3-cylinder motorcycle engine, which to me is like a diesel engine, and a v-twin had a baby, then get one!

It is super fun to ride, you should be an experienced rider, in my opinion because it doesn't come with a steering damper, and if you're a rider like me, the front *will* come up, so if that scares you, then don't buy it.

Never had a bike with ABS, or TC (traction control), and it's already kicked in a few times under heavy braking where I wanted the bike to brake that hard. So being able to customise the TC settings was perfect for me! Normally I am happy to slide both tires around corners, or wiggle the rear end a bit under heavy braking, but this bike sometimes decides differently, so I am still getting used to that aspect of it.
AlienResidents likes this.

-
It's not #Happiness that brings Gratitude, It is #Gratitude that brings Happiness.
#LetRideBeYourLife
'13 BMW S1000RR (Jia)
'14 MV Agusta F4 RR CorsaCorta (Nora)
'14 BMW HP4 Competition (Noah)
- BMW X5 xDrive50i M Sport and JEEP Grand Cherokee SRT tow trucks
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Olden Days - 2003 Bajaj Pulsar 150, 05' Hero Honda Karizma 223, 08'Bajaj Pulsar 220 DTS-Fi, 09' Yamaha YZF-R15(JUNO), 06' Yamaha YZF-R6, 08 Ducati 848 Evo
Old 10-25-2019, 12:13 PM

what is the horsepower rating for the bike
Old 10-25-2019, 07:12 PM Thread Starter

New Site Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by number2 View Post
what is the horsepower rating for the bike

The website quotes 153hp, and I haven't had it on a dyno to find out the actual numbers yet.

Old 10-27-2019, 05:18 AM
Established Member

New Site Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlienResidents View Post
Forgot the front view!
Stunner!

2015 F3 800
Old 11-11-2019, 05:55 AM

New to forum F3 800 owner here.. sorry if this is the wrong thread, but has anyone any experience of repacking the tail light brake light with an LED set ?

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in