post #31 of 103 (permalink) Old 10-02-2019, 11:35 AM

Just turned 30... Is that old or not? Haha
Terrys409 likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 103 (permalink) Old 10-03-2019, 07:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Highside43 View Post
46 here. Started at 16 with road bikes (MT50), 10 years later didn't have one as marriage, kids, divorce took care of funds. Started again at the age of 36 and had a bike of some description ever since. I do on average 10,000 miles per year on then, usually in 4 trips abroad during the summer months. I don't ride on the UK roads (unless going / returning from abroad). First MV 4 months ago, first new bike in 30 years (and it's done 6K already - I've only ridden it 5 times). I do Nurburgring 2 to 3 times a year, plus a handful of European trackdays (not riding out, bike gets transported out for us). The current squeeze is too small to ride the F3, so she has thought about a dragster to ride, but doesnt have a bike at the moment.
Wow!! Nice way to enjoy motorbikes. Im another big fan of Nürburgring. I was there in 2012 with my R1200S (3 laps, one wet, very very dangerouse wet lap in motorbike), and past year with a Kawasaki H2 (ten laps). I expect come back next year if it is possible.

How many laps did you go in Nürburgring? What is your best lap? I´m curoius. Your pic it´s amazing!! I did 9`17`` with the H2, but that bike is a beast, and easy to ride with all electronic controls.

Current
MV Agusta Brutale 910S ´07
Suzuki GSXR 1300 Hayabusa ´02
BMW R850R ´01
Yamaha X Max 250 ´13

Past
HD Sportster 883C ´06
KTM 990 Adventure ´07
BMW R1200S ´06
Suzuki GSXR 600 ´04
Honda CBR125R ´06
post #33 of 103 (permalink) Old 10-03-2019, 07:47 AM
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dariete View Post

Wow!! Nice way to enjoy motorbikes. Im another big fan of Nürburgring. I was there in 2012 with my R1200S (3 laps, one wet, very very dangerouse wet lap in motorbike), and past year with a Kawasaki H2 (ten laps). I expect come back next year if it is possible.

How many laps did you go in Nürburgring? What is your best lap? I´m curoius. Your pic it´s amazing!! I did 9`17`` with the H2, but that bike is a beast, and easy to ride with all electronic controls.
Thanks Dariete, it's an awsome place. I bet the H2 was good round there, I think it would do well seeing how bumpy it is - the F3 was getting kicked all over the place. 9 min 17 is a good time with so few under your belt, that's a decent time.

When I stopped racing in 2004, trackdays were ok but I then discovered the Nurburgring...I've done over 1000 laps there, most weekends I do 30 to 40 laps when I'm there. Fallen off once, luckily not badly. Picked quite a few up over the years though. Dry or wet, I'll still lap but is very slippery in the wet.

I'm sub 8 round there, but only just. It's hard to bring it down any further without the safety net kicking in - I'm not into chasing lap times nowadays (I was 10 years ago), priorities change and now I enjoy the ride round and social side more than knocking 5 seconds off my lap time. I'm not one for videoing myself (Kodak courage kicks in with me....), but below is a 8 min 18 trying to tow a friend round in under 8 minutes - he's on the Ducati, I'm on the GSXR infront. I'm also showboating in the video with the wheelies and sparky knee sliders, so apex's are out of the window.....enjoy.

https://youtu.be/b8L3Lm8q3xc
Attached Images

The Following User Says Thank You to Highside43 For This Useful Post:
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #34 of 103 (permalink) Old 10-03-2019, 09:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Highside43 View Post
Thanks Dariete, it's an awsome place. I bet the H2 was good round there, I think it would do well seeing how bumpy it is - the F3 was getting kicked all over the place. 9 min 17 is a good time with so few under your belt, that's a decent time.

When I stopped racing in 2004, trackdays were ok but I then discovered the Nurburgring...I've done over 1000 laps there, most weekends I do 30 to 40 laps when I'm there. Fallen off once, luckily not badly. Picked quite a few up over the years though. Dry or wet, I'll still lap but is very slippery in the wet.

I'm sub 8 round there, but only just. It's hard to bring it down any further without the safety net kicking in - I'm not into chasing lap times nowadays (I was 10 years ago), priorities change and now I enjoy the ride round and social side more than knocking 5 seconds off my lap time. I'm not one for videoing myself (Kodak courage kicks in with me....), but below is a 8 min 18 trying to tow a friend round in under 8 minutes - he's on the Ducati, I'm on the GSXR infront. I'm also showboating in the video with the wheelies and sparky knee sliders, so apex's are out of the window.....enjoy.

https://youtu.be/b8L3Lm8q3xc
Wow!!! Nice video, thanks for sharing. I love the wheelie of the 4:55 hahaha.

Your time is, really fast, congrats!! I totally understand the difficult to improve it with safety. We do that for fun, not for earn money, we have to keep calm when we are riding the bike and remember it.

Thanks for sharing your Nürburgring experience, I suppouse that the F3 is not the best bike for that track. If I going to go there next year, probably take the Hayabusa, not the Brutale. Is not the track to stiff bikes.

Current
MV Agusta Brutale 910S ´07
Suzuki GSXR 1300 Hayabusa ´02
BMW R850R ´01
Yamaha X Max 250 ´13

Past
HD Sportster 883C ´06
KTM 990 Adventure ´07
BMW R1200S ´06
Suzuki GSXR 600 ´04
Honda CBR125R ´06
post #35 of 103 (permalink) Old 10-03-2019, 05:39 PM

New Site Garage
I bought my first real bike when I was 29. My Brutale 910. Before that I had jap bikes. Now I'm 41 and i just stick to my two MVs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Brutale 910R Hydrogen
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

And White bullet
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #36 of 103 (permalink) Old 10-10-2019, 01:35 PM

When flicking through this thread, I noticed that the advertisement down the side was from Age UK offering quality stairlifts ! Surely this can't be a coincidence ?
Brutale800RR likes this.
post #37 of 103 (permalink) Old 10-10-2019, 01:46 PM
Established Member

35 and still acting my shoe size.

'12 F4RR CorsaCorta, '12 F3 675
'18 Ducati Xdiavel
'15 Triumph Daytona 675R -
new toy

Previous-Sold...That I remember
'05 Yamaha R1
'09 Yamaha R1
'12 BMW S1000RR
post #38 of 103 (permalink) Old 10-10-2019, 02:58 PM

New Site Garage
Send a message via MSN to gotfolk Send a message via Skype™ to gotfolk
Well I will be turning the big 40 at the end of the month and through out my years on this Pale Blue Dot I have never found anything that has gotten me closer to a Zen like state...

Motorcycles are truly addicting. Rather its the sound, the wind, the sense of being one with the road, environment, hell even yourself...
There's just something (that I have a hard time finding the correct words to describe) about the freedom/feeling I get from them.

I am now on my third bike and looking towards the next one to get...
alex2029 likes this.

2015 Yamaha FJ-09
2012 Brutale 1090RR
2005 Yamaha R6 - Sold
post #39 of 103 (permalink) Old 10-11-2019, 03:05 AM Thread Starter

New Site Garage
I read the last post and decided to highlight a topic for discussion. Topic. What is moto for me?

MV AGUSTA BRUTALE 1078 RR
post #40 of 103 (permalink) Old 10-29-2019, 03:50 AM

New Site Garage
31. Fist bike (really just a motorised bicycle) at 14. Riding since then...

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode