MV Agusta Forum banner

Any tips for fairly new rider

2K views 14 replies 11 participants last post by  makers_mike 
#1 ·
My brother passed away and I inhereted his Brutale 1078 rr 2009. Its a beast of a bike. I have casually rode my whole life but this is my first bike like this.

#4 ·
Welcome!!!

Tip one: Find joy and peace with your brother's Brutale.
Top two: Always wear proper gear
Tip three: Ride when the traffic is low (while you adjust)
Tip four: Check tire pressure (usually 33psi) and oil level
Tip five: Rider safety course
Tip six: Ear protection

Condolences

#5 ·
. . . Tip six: Ear protection
Interesting you mention that. For all of my riding life I have been of the 'listen to the exhaust' brigade. Only last weekend I experimented with foam plugs, and what an amazing difference. I never really thought I noticed wind noise before, but heck, riding is now more pleasurable and at first, due to absence of noise, I had to watch speedo because of the inclination to ride faster.

Very worthwhile tip for everyone.:wink2:

#6 ·
You will also find you don't fatigue as quickly when you wear hearing protection !!!

#11 ·
Thanks for all the great tips guys. I have my rider safety course scheduled for next month. Michigan requires it to hold a motorcycle endorsement. I have less then 100 miles on this bike. I kept the bike in climate controlled storage for 2 years. I was recently at the storage unit and thought , he would probably want this bike ridden. Seems like a great community. Thanks for welcoming me.

#12 ·
Take the MSF course and then book a track day in the Novice Class.

Take it easy, relax, and enjoy.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.