Hello and Help - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 07-12-2019, 09:04 PM Thread Starter

Hello and Help

Hi Ladies and Gentlemen of MV land. My name is Karl and I have a MV750F4, 2000 model. Love this bike and it has been good to me. Recently however I have had electrical (I am assuming it is electrical) issues. I have previously fixed the dodgy 3 wire junction in the wiring loom that was drowned in water. It would appear though I have another potential gremlin. The bike was fine until I had a service person replace the ignition coils based on advice from a different service person (apparently the hard plastic outer was turning to powder). The service person found issues with the injectors and it all compounded from there until I have the bike back after months and it runs OK until it gets hot at which point it won't idle. Last week I took it out on a motorway and it just stopped. It would start again immediately but as soon as I put it in gear it would stop. I realised later that if I turned the light off I could get it going again and limped home. Clearly I cannot ride it again until I fix this issue. In Brisbane there is very little support for MVs. My intent now is to completely strip down the harness from front to rear and check it fully. After finding the first issue I reinstated the outer sheath with scotch 23 tape which still looks good, but I only went as far as the fault location which was at the lowest point in the loom.
I would dearly love to hear from anyone who has had similar experiences. Hope this post wasn't too long.....
Karl
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 07-12-2019, 11:53 PM

Hi there,
Welcome aboard. Electrical gremlins are the worst. While you are waiting for the knowledgeable ones to reply, it might pay to download the workshop manuals from Donsy’s website, and add your location, bike year and model to your signature. It makes it easier when threads get to multiple pages in length.

In my garage: 2011 Brutale 1090RR, Triumph Street Triple R
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 07-13-2019, 04:17 AM

Hello & Welcome

I hope that you sort out the problem soon.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 07-13-2019, 08:30 AM
Old Wing Nut

Send a message via Skype™ to esq'z me
Welcome to the family Karl !!! Please add your location (Brisbane OZ I take it?) to your profile. You should also create a signature with your bike model info. These things help all of the members help you as you travel down the road within this forum.

There are a lot of members in your area, and I know there are some dealers that know what they are doing (although you may need to visit Sydney for really good help).

You can download the service manuals from Donsy's site:

Team Double 3 Racing | MV Agusta

Donsy lives on the Western side of your country, but he knows the MV. Give him a thank you for the manuals.

Not sure where to send you for direction, but the manuals have some good troubleshooting sections.

I used to be fast....now I just dream about it.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

'08 910R (Gina), '04 F4 SPR #275 Track Bike (Lola), YSR50 (The Rabbit), '71 CB100 (Lil' Red), '75 RD350C (Orange Bird) restoration project, '70 Suzuki F50 (Baby Blue)

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode