Mv f3 ownership - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-24-2019, 10:48 PM Thread Starter

Mv f3 ownership

Hi all , I’m looking at a f3 800 2016 model, is there anything I should be looking out for? It has 2600 miles but will be serviced by the dealer before collection. Heard the next service is expensive. Any help would be appreciated.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-25-2019, 06:25 AM
Old Wing Nut

Send a message via Skype™ to esq'z me
Welcome to the family !! Where on this planet are you located?? Please add that to your profile.

Service is expensive on any brand of bike if a dealer is doing it. Valve adjustment on a MV Agusta is no more difficult and time consuming than on a Yamaha...actually easier than a lot of Japanese bikes (Honda in particular). I'm pretty sure the next service after 2600 miles on a F3 800 does not involve valve clearance.

If it is not due for a valve inspection then the service should be no more than an oil change, and other routine simple inspection/adjustment....and even if the valves are to be inspected the chance of an adjustment being needed is small, so the cost is minimal.

The few foibles of the F3 bikes are well documented, although the 675 had the initial new model teething pains.

Battery quality is essential. Make sure yours has a good battery....the originals were pretty low quality.
Starter clutch (the "sprag") is a known area. Ask the dealer if it has had the latest part installed.
There was a recall on the clutch basket. Ask the dealer if this one was affected and has the new parts.
The rear cush drive is a weak point and needs regular attention (the rubbers wear quickly). Easy and inexpensive service.

I used to be fast....now I just dream about it.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

'08 910R (Gina), '04 F4 SPR #275 Track Bike (Lola), YSR50 (The Rabbit), '71 CB100 (Lil' Red), '75 RD350C (Orange Bird) restoration project, 2015 Indian Chieftain (Rita) my "low-n-slow", '70 Suzuki F50 (Baby Blue), 2018 Suzuki GSX-S750L8 (Susie Q)

Last edited by esq'z me; 06-25-2019 at 06:27 AM.
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-25-2019, 07:40 AM

New Site Garage
Send a message via MSN to gotfolk Send a message via Skype™ to gotfolk
Welcome to the forum!!

2015 Yamaha FJ-09
2012 Brutale 1090RR
2005 Yamaha R6 - Sold
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-26-2019, 06:17 AM
welcome to the forum i am also a newbie here i am martin a towing truck driver at 24 Hours Roadside Assistance In Newyork.
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-26-2019, 06:18 AM
i have been working at 24 Hours Roadside Assistance In Newyork for a long time

Last edited by martinbrown2989; 06-26-2019 at 06:22 AM.
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-26-2019, 09:29 AM

Hi all,

I just picked up an f3 myself and at he risk of not hijacking the original posters thread I had a few questions.

can anyone recommend a dealership within a 100 mile radius from the dc metro area for service and updates?

and if I was considering quick shift down, what will that entail and is it worth it?

thanks again
peter

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode