Stradale 800 owner - MVAgusta.net
 6Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 12 (permalink) Old 06-20-2019, 05:36 AM Thread Starter

New Site Garage
Stradale 800 owner

Hi all

Got myself a Stradale last year and so far its been a mixed experience.

Positives:
Amazing ride
Good power
Exotic
Decent range
Good memories from long trips with friends
+++

Negatives:
Quickshifter keeps braking(ok so far since its all been under warranty)
Fuel gauge stopped working. (probably will be fixed under warranty)
Leaky seat = constant wet ass(got a replacement under warranty that is just as leaky)
Bought the top case, which is useless since it is not water tight. Broken zippers after just a few months. Specially designed rack so no other Givi cases will fit...

Will keep looking for top case alternatives and seat alternatives. If I can get these two things then the bike is worth holding on to
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old 06-20-2019, 06:21 AM

Hi Kalvadoss, welcome to the forum.

I too have had a Stradale for 1 year. No issues with the seat, fuel gauge or quickshifter yet. The seat is uncomfortable with that stupid hump in it but there are replacements out there. I had the classic starter sprag clutch failure after a winter of starting in Ireland. It was a 3 hour job to replace and now starts better than ever.

I have a Givi top case that I was able to attach just by replacing the 3 bolts on the Stradale rack with longer bolts and then some drilling of the universal Givi base plate to make it fit.
Manic and Kalvadoss like this.
post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old 06-20-2019, 07:51 AM Thread Starter

New Site Garage
Thanks for the info @jinks. Would it by any chance be possible to post some images of the top case mod? I find it mildly amusing that Givi upon contact denies all affiliation with MV in regards to making this sorry excuse for a top case.

I forgot about the starter issues, got it fixed pretty much on the day I got the bike :-)

I actually dont mind the hump, but the wet ass is getting to me. The shop now tells me to live with it since I already got a replacement seat. The "sports" seat on the MV store looks ok, but not sure if its alcantara or similar that would also be wet.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old 06-20-2019, 02:53 PM

New Site Garage
Welcome from fellow Stradale owner .My positives the same as yours .My negatives were the awful seat which i changed to the sports seat from MV special parts ,much better ,also had problems with quick shifter not working ,was faulty clutch switch and broken pressure plate .All fixed and working perfect ,love it
Kalvadoss likes this.
post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old 06-20-2019, 05:41 PM
Old Wing Nut

Send a message via Skype™ to esq'z me
Welcome to the family !!!
Kalvadoss likes this.

I used to be fast....now I just dream about it.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

'08 910R (Gina), '04 F4 SPR #275 Track Bike (Lola), YSR50 (The Rabbit), '71 CB100 (Lil' Red), '75 RD350C (Orange Bird) restoration project, 2015 Indian Chieftain (Rita) my "low-n-slow", '70 Suzuki F50 (Baby Blue), 2018 Suzuki GSX-S750L8 (Susie Q)
post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old 06-20-2019, 11:33 PM
Established Member

New Site Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kalvadoss View Post
Hi all

Got myself a Stradale last year and so far its been a mixed experience.

Positives:
Amazing ride
Good power
Exotic
Decent range
Good memories from long trips with friends
+++

Negatives:
Quickshifter keeps braking(ok so far since its all been under warranty) I only use this when I am travelling quickly and works well at high revs but not at lower revs i.e. below 6k
Fuel gauge stopped working. (probably will be fixed under warranty)
Leaky seat = constant wet ass(got a replacement under warranty that is just as leaky)Mine is the same; I am planning a seat rebuild with some waterproof membrane - any guesses as what to use? Also looking at adding Gel to make it more comfy.
Bought the top case, which is useless since it is not water tight. Broken zippers after just a few months. Specially designed rack so no other Givi cases will fit... Zips on my panniers are fine but I can see them going bad at some point. Have you looked into replacement zips?

Will keep looking for top case alternatives and seat alternatives.If you find any let us know please. If I can get these two things then the bike is worth holding on to
Mine is fantastic but I'll let her go if she spits the dummy once more.
Kalvadoss likes this.

2015 Stradale
post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old 06-21-2019, 01:26 AM Thread Starter

New Site Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Manic View Post
Mine is fantastic but I'll let her go if she spits the dummy once more.
I Have no idea what spitting the dummy is referring to

When it comes to waterproofing the seat I guess this could be achieved by reupholstering the seat with some plastic under the seams. All that would be required is a heavy duty stapler. Or maybe drying(it never dries ) it out and then applying seam sealer.

But I think for me I am going the sports seat route, just dont want the hassle of not getting a perfect seat. If some of you have good experiences with the sports seat then its a winner.
post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old 06-21-2019, 03:37 AM
Established Member

New Site Garage
Yep I have 2 seats a leather one which looks fantastic but is as hard as a teenager in a lingerie shop and the standard one which has minimal padding but is more comfy; so I have options.

Baby spitting dummy is when they are angry or not doing what is wanted. A UK / NZ term that doesn't translate to your lovely homeland then?

2015 Stradale
post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old 06-23-2019, 05:41 AM

Hi Kalvadoss,

Here's what I did to mount a Givi. My Givi box was purchased 19 years ago and came with these two bases that I have bolted together. And then I bought longer bolts to replace the 3 bolts on the main plate at the back of the Stradale. You could just put the smaller of the 2 plates straight on but this put the box too far forward and made no room for a pillion.
Attached Images

Kalvadoss likes this.
The Following User Says Thank You to jinks For This Useful Post:
post #10 of 12 (permalink) Old 06-23-2019, 11:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jinks View Post
Hi Kalvadoss,

Here's what I did to mount a Givi. My Givi box was purchased 19 years ago and came with these two bases that I have bolted together. And then I bought longer bolts to replace the 3 bolts on the main plate at the back of the Stradale. You could just put the smaller of the 2 plates straight on but this put the box too far forward and made no room for a pillion.
Hey Jinks,how are you I'm in Wexford and have just purchased a 16 Turismo Veloce which I love.There aren't many of us MV owners in Ireland as you know.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode