Great deal on a 2014 F4RR... or not ? - MVAgusta.net
 5Likes
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 17 (permalink) Old 06-13-2019, 05:26 AM Thread Starter
New Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2019
Location: Thailand
Posts: 33
Great deal on a 2014 F4RR... or not ?

Hi

A Member from thailand here

Just got a sweet deal for a 2014 F4RR (white/red)

The bike has been sitting for 4 years in the showroom which worries me abit but for the price i risked it

The bike is still being shipped from a different city to mine and the dealer brought it to the MV dealer to update the ECU software to the latest one per my request

Since i got a ducati specialist as a friend in my town, he will take care of the rest (changing fluids, tyres, etc)

Was wondering if there are more things you guys suggest that i do with this particular year F4RR

I am confused abit about the Quickshifter/Auto-blipper, from what i heard is that the quickshifter function is included but the Auto-blipper one has to be actived through the ECU and sensor change right ?

Very happy to see this forum being so active and i will make sure to share my adventure with this dream bike
wowjudo is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 17 (permalink) Old 06-13-2019, 05:29 AM Thread Starter
New Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2019
Location: Thailand
Posts: 33
One more thing

Are there any aftermarket service/error OBD tools for sale that doesn't cost a leg and an arm ?
wowjudo is offline  
post #3 of 17 (permalink) Old 06-13-2019, 06:09 AM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2015
Location: Singapore
Posts: 822
Hi Mate,

I have a 2013 F4RR which also sat for 4 years without moving.
It had a couple of minor oil leaks (which was not surprising) but other than that its been great.
It was at Buriram earlier this year, great track BTW.

As for the QS/blipper, mine never seemed to work, not very well at least so I updated the ECU with ECU studio and also purchased a new sensor from them. Since installed, no issues, works well.

Where in Thailand are you?
dansoarr likes this.

Dragster 800 2015
F4 RR 2013
Brutale 1090 RR 2011 - Sold
jhollis is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #4 of 17 (permalink) Old 06-13-2019, 06:23 AM Thread Starter
New Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2019
Location: Thailand
Posts: 33
Quote:
Originally Posted by jhollis View Post
Hi Mate,

I have a 2013 F4RR which also sat for 4 years without moving.
It had a couple of minor oil leaks (which was not surprising) but other than that its been great.
It was at Buriram earlier this year, great track BTW.

As for the QS/blipper, mine never seemed to work, not very well at least so I updated the ECU with ECU studio and also purchased a new sensor from them. Since installed, no issues, works well.

Where in Thailand are you?
I'm from Chiang Rai (north)

Glad to hear that you got yours without major issues where were the oil leaks ?

Did you also sent your ecu to ECU studio and which exact sensor did you purchase ?

Thanks!
wowjudo is offline  
post #5 of 17 (permalink) Old 06-13-2019, 06:27 AM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2015
Location: Singapore
Posts: 822
Quote:
Originally Posted by wowjudo View Post
I'm from Chiang Rai (north)

Glad to hear that you got yours without major issues where were the oil leaks ?

Did you also sent your ecu to ECU studio and which exact sensor did you purchase ?

Thanks!
See you at Buriram then!

Oil leak was around the gear sensor as it cracked.

The update for ECU studio was carried out at my workshop. They supply with translogic sensor if I remember correctly.
wowjudo likes this.

Dragster 800 2015
F4 RR 2013
Brutale 1090 RR 2011 - Sold
jhollis is offline  
post #6 of 17 (permalink) Old 06-13-2019, 07:22 AM Thread Starter
New Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2019
Location: Thailand
Posts: 33
Quote:
Originally Posted by jhollis View Post
See you at Buriram then!

Oil leak was around the gear sensor as it cracked.

The update for ECU studio was carried out at my workshop. They supply with translogic sensor if I remember correctly.
oh i see, so i should probably get some spare gear sensors then just in case
wowjudo is offline  
post #7 of 17 (permalink) Old 06-13-2019, 07:39 AM
Senior Member
 
gotfolk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2017
Location: SW Florida
Posts: 937
New Site Garage
Send a message via MSN to gotfolk Send a message via Skype™ to gotfolk
Welcome to the forum and congrats!!

Post up some pics when you go pick her up!!

Please add your location to your profile.
Go to TOOLS > USER CP > EDIT PROFILE add your location.
wowjudo likes this.

2015 Yamaha FJ-09
2012 Brutale 1090RR
2005 Yamaha R6 - Sold
gotfolk is offline  
post #8 of 17 (permalink) Old 06-13-2019, 07:52 AM
Senior Member
 
dansoarr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Location: Herefordshire / Monmouthshire Border, UK
Posts: 685
As James says, ECU studio can sort the QS and Blipper. It is possible to get to work with the standard sensor but it is problematic and I'd say go for one of their sensors (Translogic Durashift). I think they do a mail in service, but if you buy their kit you get the diagnostics error codes, erase and data-logging that helps you find the issues.

like James, I run ECU Studio and can recommend it, ECU Studio

----------------------------------------
2015 MV F4, ABS
ECU Re-Mapped with ECU studio (F4 RC base ROM)
QS & Blipper now working with ECU studio and Durashift sensor

others
GSXR 1000
GSXR 750
dansoarr is offline  
post #9 of 17 (permalink) Old 06-13-2019, 08:32 AM Thread Starter
New Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2019
Location: Thailand
Posts: 33
Quote:
Originally Posted by dansoarr View Post
As James says, ECU studio can sort the QS and Blipper. It is possible to get to work with the standard sensor but it is problematic and I'd say go for one of their sensors (Translogic Durashift). I think they do a mail in service, but if you buy their kit you get the diagnostics error codes, erase and data-logging that helps you find the issues.

like James, I run ECU Studio and can recommend it, ECU Studio
Thanks, will do that

So i see 3 options:

-F4 R/RR 1000 2013 - 2017 flash kit
-Auto blipper sensor
-F4 R/RR 1000 2013 - 2017 additional licence

I assume i'll want to take the first two but what is the third option about ?

I'm also not an experienced tuner, is this beginner userfriendly ? Basicly i'd only require the QS/Down-blipper function and my ECU got already the latest update or are there any other recommended settings ?

Thanks
wowjudo is offline  
post #10 of 17 (permalink) Old 06-13-2019, 08:41 AM Thread Starter
New Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2019
Location: Thailand
Posts: 33
Quote:
Originally Posted by gotfolk View Post
Welcome to the forum and congrats!!

Post up some pics when you go pick her up!!

Please add your location to your profile.
Go to TOOLS > USER CP > EDIT PROFILE add your location.
will do! thanks

- 2014 F4RR
- 2012 Brutale 1090RR
wowjudo is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome