Hello aMVassadors - Page 2 - MVAgusta.net
 8Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #11 of 20 (permalink) Old 06-04-2019, 07:49 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by nigelrb View Post
Hi Tim, and welcome.

Good choice of bike, but I am also hesitant about using the bike as a daily commute. I base this not so much on the bike's capabilities in traffic, but on the emotions you will generate for the bike in not wanting to subject it to commuting. If finance permitted, I'd buy a clapped out 250 to commute and keep the MV for weekends. Each to their own though.[IMG class=inlineimg]https://www.mvagusta.net/forum/images/MVagusta_net_2016/smilies/tango_face_smile.png[/IMG]

As for your other question of members with experience of Japanese bikes, we probably all have. However, I have not cut my ties with Honda, presently owning 5 CBR1000RR (Fireblades) as well as a couple of older specials. The best way to answer your question is for me to quote my post from another thread just 3 days ago:

Quote:
Pulled my bike out of the lounge room today for a 60-mile session. . .

You all know I love my Hondas, but I'm in a totally different world on the F4. Truly makes me understand why many say that 'these bikes are for riding, not storing'.
Perhaps that says it all.[IMG class=inlineimg]https://www.mvagusta.net/forum/images/MVagusta_net_2016/smilies/tango_face_wink.png[/IMG]
Just to be clear because i think commuting here is a little bit diffident from what i know, when i say commute I don’t mean it is my only transpiration vehicle, i have my trusty honda car of course 😆

And it is great that you too into honda motorcycles because it is the bike in my mind now next to F4, i had fireblade before and it was beautiful, but the mv as i said is something truly unique and mystical.

I am now more interested more in owning the F4 and “touch it” daily.
nigelrb likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 20 (permalink) Old 06-04-2019, 07:55 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by dansoarr View Post
My F4 has been pretty much rock solid as @jhollis says, get ECU Studio and lower the fan switch on temperature, etc.

Like a lot here, I have had as road bikes and raced Japanese inline fours. Reliability wise, I've seen no issues and commute to work on mine.

Like all bikes, stay on top of the maintenance, which in my opinion is no worse than the Japanese (GSXR /R1) with the notable exception of the cush drive, which which is butter if you ride hard or do the miles. There are options here too.

As far as spares goes, clearly if you scan OEM and Ebay it's easier to get spares for a 2016 GSXR than for a 2016 F4, but its not an issue really. When I bought my bike, I also purchased a few years of consumables e.g oil filters etc, I also always have a spare set of Cush Drives. Its not expensive stuff and if you have them, then you don't have the worry trying to find one in stock when you need them.
Thanks for the reply and feedback really appreciate it, i am a little new to ecu stuff but are they easy to find ppl work on or they must be done by the dealer ? And is the cush drive still an issue on the 2018 model?

I think just like what said storing parts is really helpful for the italian bikes if u wanna keep them for a long time and thats what i am planning to do, the F4 i think will become such a classic bike for the design and the history behind it, and how do u find the fuel consumption on this bike since u are riding it work and i am sure you face few traffic lights on your way?
post #13 of 20 (permalink) Old 06-04-2019, 07:57 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by SAROY View Post
Welcome TimX
and a good choice with the F4, I have enjoyed 3 F4's and looking for another right now.
here are some pics of my favourite F4
😮😮😮 thanks Saroy, but what do u mean “enjoyed” ?? U mean just like what happened to the bike in the pics, what is the hole in the fairing looks like a someone shot you with a shotgun.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #14 of 20 (permalink) Old 06-04-2019, 10:02 AM

Send a message via AIM to nigelrb Send a message via Skype™ to nigelrb
Quote:
Originally Posted by TimX View Post
. . . i am from Bahrain, i am sure not a lot of ppl will know where is that . . .
We do now, courtesy of Formula One Grand Prix.

2007 MV F4 1000R
2020 CBR1000RR-R SP (on order) : 2018 CBR1000RR SP2 : 2003 CBR954RR : 2001 CBR929RR (Erion Racing Edition)
1985 Honda VF1000R : 1985 Honda NS400R
2020 Daytona 765 Moto 2 Replica (on order)
post #15 of 20 (permalink) Old 06-04-2019, 11:24 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Quote:
. . . i am from Bahrain, i am sure not a lot of ppl will know where is that . . .
We do now, courtesy of Formula One Grand Prix.[IMG class=inlineimg]https://www.mvagusta.net/forum/images/MVagusta_net_2016/smilies/tango_face_wink.png[/IMG]

😂🙏🏽 yes absolutely thanks to F1.
post #16 of 20 (permalink) Old 06-04-2019, 03:31 PM

TimX, i think you should follow your heart and make the F4 a daily rider. Life is too short not to follow something you are very passionate about plus the current MV market situation will allow you to perhaps have a daily rider F4 and one you can display in the living room. Bottom line is whatever will make you happy. Just maintain it and it will ride ))
post #17 of 20 (permalink) Old 06-05-2019, 04:07 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tirefriar View Post
TimX, i think you should follow your heart and make the F4 a daily rider. Life is too short not to follow something you are very passionate about plus the current MV market situation will allow you to perhaps have a daily rider F4 and one you can display in the living room. Bottom line is whatever will make you happy. Just maintain it and it will ride ))
I think this is the what we should do not with motorcycle only but with everything in life, hell yeah life is too short specially in this era where time just disappear and you blink and it is 10 years passed like nothing.

And another reason that i thought of is that the F4 is almost the last new true sport bike, just you and the machine yes there are electronics but no where near what the latest liter bikes give you, and for me thats good to not worry about all these stuff going wrong with time.
post #18 of 20 (permalink) Old 06-11-2019, 09:42 PM

ughhhhhh what happened? any idea to the cause and how to prevent it next time?
post #19 of 20 (permalink) Old 06-11-2019, 09:44 PM

^ @SAROY

as for the OP.. i just got mine.. it got quite toasty on the street. on track i was wayy too preoccupied to notice any heat from it.
I plan to use it for mainly getting coffee lol it's living room art that i want to keep shiny
post #20 of 20 (permalink) Old 06-12-2019, 01:05 AM
Established Member

Quote:
😮😮😮 thanks Saroy, but what do u mean “enjoyed” ?? U mean just like what happened to the bike in the pics, what is the hole in the fairing looks like a someone shot you with a shotgun.
TimX
the pictures were of my favourite F4, the EV03 750, I preferred this to my 312R and 1000s as you could ride the EV03 high up the rev band on most local roads keeping above 8,000revs plus.

The damage was done on my favourite bend where I used to enter at 60mph, raising to 65, 70, 75, 80 and then one day hitting a nice patch of spilled diesel resulting in the pics.

The hole you see is there the frame engine mount ground through the fairing leaving it holed.

When you have a F4, you normally ride it with care and you worry about a scratch never mind anything else, but once you throw the bike down the road and then rebuild, your worries disappear and you ride the bike as it should be ridden (very high up the rev band)
you might see in this pic I left the hole in the fairing when repairing, so that I could attach crash bungs. The bike was written off, but I bought back from the insurance and rebuilt it, put it back on the road.

the 312R next to it is the bike I bought when Insurance paid out.
Attached Images

nigelrb and flexnow36 like this.

Does anyone in UK have a set of RG3 exhausts for a 2006 F4 1000R (for sale).
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode