SCS Clutch Water Condensation - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 05-29-2019, 12:56 PM Thread Starter

SCS Clutch Water Condensation

Hello,

I have a question regarding the TVL SCS

On the inside of the perspex viewing disc (showing off the Rekluse clutch) there is water condensation
I have done meanwhile a couple of hours riding , that is the bike has been nicely on operating temperature, BUT the water is not disappearing
Does anyone else has the same experience ?
My concern is that the water (vapor) present in that area of the bike might create problems

Thank you for sharing your experiences

Regards,

Evert

BMW R45, MG 750 Targa, MG V50 III, MG 65 Lario, Honda CM 185T
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 05-29-2019, 04:23 PM
Old Wing Nut

Send a message via Skype™ to esq'z me
This is actually quite common in a lot of bikes....you just don't see it !!! The oil level sight glass on some bikes may show water from condensation.

A very humid environment can contribute, as does hot days followed by cold nights with short rides. The water condenses from the atmosphere, and there it sits until a long ride evaporates the moisture from the oil. It may take a good long ride with the engine at operating temp for a while.

I used to be fast....now I just dream about it.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

'08 910R (Gina), '04 F4 SPR #275 Track Bike (Lola), YSR50 (The Rabbit), '71 CB100 (Lil' Red), '75 RD350C (Orange Bird) restoration project, '70 Suzuki F50 (Baby Blue)

Last edited by esq'z me; 05-29-2019 at 04:25 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to esq'z me For This Useful Post:
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 05-30-2019, 02:25 AM Thread Starter

Hello @esq'z me,

Thank you for sharing your knowledge
From that I take it that I should have no reason to worry
My basement is actually at (a steady) 15°C and at low relative humidity (conditioned)
As the water was present as from the moment of delivery, I assume that at the time of manufacturing
in Shiranna, relative humidity and environmental temperature must have been rather high
I am a bit surprised that a 2 hour ride has not solved the problem then

Thank you for your help

Regards,

Evert

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 05-30-2019, 05:55 AM
Old Wing Nut

Send a message via Skype™ to esq'z me
Evert,
Does the oil have a milky look? If not then I would not worry. The oil should be washing away any condensate on the inside of the clear cover.

I will look for an opportunity to look at a SCS TV (haven't personally seen one yet), but can't imagine the oil is not washing over the insides of the cover.

Give her another good long ride, and let her sit at idle until the fans cycle on/off.

What you are seeing was generally resolved after a few rides in most of the cases where I encountered during my career....there were a couple where a dealer actually pulled the cover off to clean and filed a warranty claim, only to have the phenomenon recur. As long as the oil does not look like chocolate milk (water contamination) you should be OK.

I used to be fast....now I just dream about it.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

'08 910R (Gina), '04 F4 SPR #275 Track Bike (Lola), YSR50 (The Rabbit), '71 CB100 (Lil' Red), '75 RD350C (Orange Bird) restoration project, '70 Suzuki F50 (Baby Blue)
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 05-30-2019, 08:14 AM Thread Starter

Hello @esq'z me,

Thank you for your reply
I had a look at the oil:
Perfectly OK, just as fresh oil should look like
So I will do as you say, ride the bike and keep an eye on the condensation (hopefully disappearing) and the condition of the oil

Kind Regards,

Evert

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode