Diagnostic Tool in Support of MV Owners - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 18 (permalink) Old 04-11-2019, 04:28 AM Thread Starter

Diagnostic Tool in Support of MV Owners

Hi,
Some of us have been discussing the need for an affordable diagnostics tool for the newer
MV’s.

The reason, is that some of us do run in to issues and not everyone is lucky enough to have a good dealer or a dealer of any kind close by, sometimes its many hundreds of miles away. Others of course just wish to be independent or semi-independent of MV Agusta for bike maintenance.

The thought is that a diagnostic tool, capable of reading error codes and saving data from the ECU would be invaluable. Not only for those of us that have the ability and knowledge to work on the complex electronic systems, but also for those of us who are not quite that talented, yet! Being able to upload and share the data-log on the forum, would not only help the individual but the forum in general by creating logs of errors and the solutions.

ECU Studio is a company specializing in ECU software, quite a few forum members have their flashing software for their bikes, are willing to support the MV community and in particular this forum.

They are prepared to develop a simple package that allows us to hook up our bikes to a laptop, read any error codes, erase those error codes and create a log of data from the ECU and store them on a laptop for further use. Data would be saved in .CSV format that can be read in a text editor or spreadsheet software such as Excel.

The package would be for the newer MV’s, equipped with Eldor EM-2.0 ECU’s. It would only read data from the ECU, it cannot read data from the ABS system for example.

The idea is to get a very basic package, at an affordable price. People looking at mobile data-logging, smart-phone apps, engine mapping, multiple ECU’s, etc. will have to look elsewhere.

ECU Studio will have development costs; these have to be covered as a minimum, then there are production and shipping costs to consider. Given that there are not many MV owners compared to say Suzuki owners, getting a company to develop some software for us is a challenge. What we need to know now, is there a sufficient number of members, potentially interested in purchasing a diagnostic tool as described in rough outlines above?

The software is to help diagnose and fault find, ECU Studio would not supply support for diagnosing the problem. They will of course support us in terms of how to install and use the tool, but not as a free garage.

Of course, the answer has a lot to do with the “affordable” price we are aiming at. The prices would be plus taxes and shipping depending on where in the world you are; its too complex to list all of the different tax and shipping costs here.

So, really there are two basic questions for the Forum members:
1. Are you a potential buyer at a price point of 250 Euro?
2. Are you a 100% buyer at a price point of 250 Euro, and be willing to commit a deposit?

Clearly to get ECU Studio to develop the system, we need to demonstrate there is a market,
that is, a sufficient number of potential buyers .
However,
There is still a risk for ECU Studio with no guarantee of covering their development costs.
Those of us, who would be willing to commit to a purchase and a deposit, subject to an agreed specification and time frame, would help convince ECU Studio to go ahead with the product.

Please, indicate in a reply your preference 1 or 2.
If for some reason you prefer a PM, that is also fine
Those who already expressed their interest in the past (about 10), can you please
do it here once again?

The outcome of this we can discuss then with ECU Studio to see if the results make it viable for them

Please do visit ECU Studio to see what they do for MV Agusta already.

BMW R45, MG 750 Targa, MG V50 III, MG 65 Lario, Honda CM 185T
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 18 (permalink) Old 04-11-2019, 10:23 AM

2 for me as long as it covers a Turismo.

Turismo Veloce
Brutale 920
post #3 of 18 (permalink) Old 04-11-2019, 11:11 AM

I Am In

Sign me up 100% for a unit.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 18 (permalink) Old 04-12-2019, 04:06 AM Thread Starter

@noggin,

Hey, thanks for the reply
Yes, Turismo covered

post #5 of 18 (permalink) Old 04-12-2019, 04:09 AM Thread Starter

@Scott916sps,

Hey, thanks for your reply

post #6 of 18 (permalink) Old 04-12-2019, 06:03 AM

Send a message via Skype™ to silentservice703
I am interested at LEVEL 1

As things progress that may change.

Gapalicious 2019 at
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
from OCTOBER 2-6, 2019

Call (423) 519-2000 or (423) 253-6213 to reserve your Riverfront Cabin. PM me for The Crow's Nest reservation!!!

Email/Paypal:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

My personal Cell Phone: (781) 223-3020

'07 F4 312R, '10 B4 1090RR, '15 B3 800RR
'07 Ducati Monster S4Rs, '07 Ducati Monster 695
2010 Harley Davidson Ultra-Classic Electra-glide CVO FLHTCUSEBLK
'63 Honda C100A Cub
'61 MVA TRA 125
post #7 of 18 (permalink) Old 04-12-2019, 08:24 AM

Where we left this last time, was ECU Studio was to post here what he could offer/details of the software and approx. cost so we had some idea what we were talking about/ agreeing to.
Maybe this thread will achieve the same thing.
Anyway- I'm in.
post #8 of 18 (permalink) Old 04-12-2019, 09:53 AM Thread Starter

@silentservice703,

Thank you

post #9 of 18 (permalink) Old 04-12-2019, 10:16 AM Thread Starter

@TVLKAWASUKI,

Glad to be in contact again
In the past weeks I have been in contact with ECU Studio several times
And I am convinced that they want to support the MV Community
If we get a sufficient number of potential buyers, ECU Studio will proceed with a description of the
product features and a check on the required development cost

post #10 of 18 (permalink) Old 04-12-2019, 01:30 PM
Established Member

New Site Garage
Ok so a total noob here. But I like this idea. I HATE having to rely on a dealer for simple stuff that I could potentially remedy myself. Count me in with a deposit.

2018 MV F3 675 Avio Grey

"That pistol just kept saying, let go of my ears, you don't know what you're doing." -thehellbringer

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode