Planning to buy F3 675 2018 - MVAgusta.net
 23Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 28 (permalink) Old 04-02-2019, 07:04 PM Thread Starter

Smile Planning to buy F3 675 2018

Hello all, Thanks for accepting me as a member. I'm happy that I could finally afford to buy the bike that was my desktop wallpaper when I was in school. I'm planning to buy F3 675/ 800 (2018 model) soon. I'm a bit worried after hearing the reviews and reliability issues about MV Agusta brand. It would be really helpful if any of you could tell me the good/bad bits about the 2018 F3 model, what can I expect from this and how difficult it would be to drive in traffic as I'll be using this mostly for the commute (10miles in SF, Ca traffic). I'm aware that a naked bike would be more convenient to use as a commute vehicle, but getting F3 is always my dream.

Thank you
Yesh
sir13 likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 28 (permalink) Old 04-03-2019, 02:10 AM
Established Member

New Site Garage
I actually bought my bike (2018 F3 675) at Moto Forza in Escondido. Las Vegas dealer wanted an extra grand for the bike. I said fuck you and bought a $50 ticket to San Diego and paid $50 for uber to the dealer and rode that bitch home. Needed it's first oil change after day 1. How often can you say that. I love my bike. I currently have over 5k miles on it with only 1 issue. Which really isn't even that big a deal, I'll get it looked at eventually. I removed the passenger pegs then got Lambda sensor errors. Was told the peg is a supporting member of the exhaust, blah blah. I am meeting with a local machinist next week to fab up a nifty bracket. So I had to put it back on. Every once in a while, usually when dealing with a substantial elevation change like going to Mt Charleston and then home, it still trips the Lambda error. It goes away when the bike is restarted. Stupid, but no biggie. Other than that it has been awesome.

Now on to the only downside. It does run a bit hot. Hotter than the other bikes I've ridden. In the Vegas summer, it is a bit of a PITA. I usually 1 foot at stops, even though I can flat foot, to keep my legs away from the sides of the bike. Does it deter me from riding? Nope. I'm 5'9, so not the tallest. If your taller, may not even notice. Esp since Cali is a bit cooler haha.

Driving in traffic isn't too bad. Does the bike hate it, and yearn to dump the throttle and enjoy some twisties? Sure. But it will handle a 10 mile commute just fine, esp since you can split in CA.

I do recommend upgrading your mirrors, as the stock ones blow donkey balls. The Rizomas may be a tough pill to swallow, but 1000% worth the coin.

Oh and MV did a whole lot of improvements for the F3 for either MY 2017 or 2018. Buy with confidence.
PM me with any questions.
Welcome!!!!
nigelrb, cysai.1994 and sir13 like this.

2018 MV F3 675 Avio Grey

"That pistol just kept saying, let go of my ears, you don't know what you're doing." -thehellbringer
post #3 of 28 (permalink) Old 04-03-2019, 04:11 AM

New Site Garage
In my country alone there are multiple used F3's for sale ranging from 2012 to 2016 with 20/30/40 thousand kilometers on the odometer.

Now the 2018 model is suppose to be better in the reliability department because of normal R&D development.

If you do the propper maintenance and warm the engine up first to operating temperature before cranking the throttle.
Years of enjoyment await you.
cysai.1994 likes this.

"Mileena"
MV Agusta F3 675 '17 - Matt Avio Grey

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 28 (permalink) Old 04-03-2019, 05:58 AM
Old Wing Nut

Send a message via Skype™ to esq'z me
Welcome to the family !! Please add your location to your profile (Tools > User CP > Edit Profile). It will help in the future.

Buy your bike, take care of it (you can't neglect Italian vehicles without suffering for it), enjoy it. Remember this, it is like a Ferrari.....small manufacturer with all the limitations that come from that small volume of production. This ain't no Chevy. You can't go to the corner NAPA store to get parts and service.
cysai.1994 likes this.

I used to be fast....now I just dream about it.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

'08 910R (Gina), '04 F4 SPR #275 Track Bike (Lola), YSR50 (The Rabbit), '71 CB100 (Lil' Red), '75 RD350C (Orange Bird) restoration project, '08 TT-R110 (Buster) Pam's ride, 2015 Indian Chieftain (Rita) my "low-n-slow", '70 Suzuki F50 (Baby Blue), 2018 Suzuki GSX-S750L8 (Susie Q)
post #5 of 28 (permalink) Old 04-03-2019, 07:49 AM

New Site Garage
Send a message via MSN to gotfolk Send a message via Skype™ to gotfolk
Welcome to the forum!!
cysai.1994 likes this.

2015 Yamaha FJ-09
2012 Brutale 1090RR
2005 Yamaha R6 - Sold
post #6 of 28 (permalink) Old 04-03-2019, 12:25 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by cccpNyC View Post
I actually bought my bike (2018 F3 675) at Moto Forza in Escondido. Las Vegas dealer wanted an extra grand for the bike. I said fuck you and bought a $50 ticket to San Diego and paid $50 for uber to the dealer and rode that bitch home. Needed it's first oil change after day 1. How often can you say that. I love my bike. I currently have over 5k miles on it with only 1 issue. Which really isn't even that big a deal, I'll get it looked at eventually. I removed the passenger pegs then got Lambda sensor errors. Was told the peg is a supporting member of the exhaust, blah blah. I am meeting with a local machinist next week to fab up a nifty bracket. So I had to put it back on. Every once in a while, usually when dealing with a substantial elevation change like going to Mt Charleston and then home, it still trips the Lambda error. It goes away when the bike is restarted. Stupid, but no biggie. Other than that it has been awesome.

Now on to the only downside. It does run a bit hot. Hotter than the other bikes I've ridden. In the Vegas summer, it is a bit of a PITA. I usually 1 foot at stops, even though I can flat foot, to keep my legs away from the sides of the bike. Does it deter me from riding? Nope. I'm 5'9, so not the tallest. If your taller, may not even notice. Esp since Cali is a bit cooler haha.

Driving in traffic isn't too bad. Does the bike hate it, and yearn to dump the throttle and enjoy some twisties? Sure. But it will handle a 10 mile commute just fine, esp since you can split in CA.

I do recommend upgrading your mirrors, as the stock ones blow donkey balls. The Rizomas may be a tough pill to swallow, but 1000% worth the coin.

Oh and MV did a whole lot of improvements for the F3 for either MY 2017 or 2018. Buy with confidence.
PM me with any questions.
Welcome!!!!
Thanks mate, I appreciate the advice. This is exactly what I was looking for.
post #7 of 28 (permalink) Old 04-03-2019, 12:25 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black_Gold_Saw View Post
In my country alone there are multiple used F3's for sale ranging from 2012 to 2016 with 20/30/40 thousand kilometers on the odometer.

Now the 2018 model is suppose to be better in the reliability department because of normal R&D development.

If you do the propper maintenance and warm the engine up first to operating temperature before cranking the throttle.
Years of enjoyment await you.
cool, thanks for your input. 😀
post #8 of 28 (permalink) Old 04-03-2019, 12:26 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by esq'z me View Post
Welcome to the family !! Please add your location to your profile (Tools > User CP > Edit Profile). It will help in the future.

Buy your bike, take care of it (you can't neglect Italian vehicles without suffering for it), enjoy it. Remember this, it is like a Ferrari.....small manufacturer with all the limitations that come from that small volume of production. This ain't no Chevy. You can't go to the corner NAPA store to get parts and service.
Thank you. Adding my location right away. Thanks for the input
post #9 of 28 (permalink) Old 04-03-2019, 12:26 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by gotfolk View Post
Welcome to the forum!!
Thank You
post #10 of 28 (permalink) Old 04-19-2019, 11:47 AM Thread Starter

Got my F3 675 delivered yesterday. Thanks to everyone in the forum. I'm already facing this starting issue and the throttle one too. My bike won't start at once. It's taking time and multiple attempts to start. Also, when i'm in complete stop (in first gear), i'm facing issues with the throttle and the bike is turning off. Again i've to restart the bike in the traffic. It would be very helpful if any of you could help me deal with this issue.

Thanks
Attached Images

sir13 likes this.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode