Dutch MV fan joining the pack .. - MVAgusta.net
 4Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 21 (permalink) Old 03-22-2019, 04:41 PM Thread Starter

Dutch MV fan joining the pack ..

It looks like I will be jumping on the MV bandwagon after a 1000 times changing my mind on what to buy as my next bike.
For some reason I could never forget the MVs even though not all reviews of the F3s dating from 2012 and 2013 were very good.
Issues like the sprag clutch, bad initial mappings and the drive by wire handle got my attention but still the bikes intrique me.

Currently looking into a F3 675 or a Dragster 800 and I will pull the trigger this next week.

Joined to read more about the F3 engine models and their specifics as the information on the net is rather poor and even the Wikipedia page doesn't really mention all the differences in details between all years.
Might be I have not been looking in the right places.

Thanks for having me !
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 21 (permalink) Old 03-22-2019, 04:47 PM
Old Wing Nut

Send a message via Skype™ to esq'z me
Welcome to the family..!!! I think you will find that initial teething pains of the F3 series have been resolved.

Please update your profile (Tools > User CP) to add your location on the planet for future assistance with questions, etc.

I used to be fast....now I just dream about it.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

'08 910R (Gina), '04 F4 SPR #275 Track Bike (Lola), YSR50 (The Rabbit), '71 CB100 (Lil' Red), '75 RD350C (Orange Bird) restoration project, '08 TT-R110 (Buster) Pam's ride, 2015 Indian Chieftain (Rita) my "low-n-slow", '70 Suzuki F50 (Baby Blue), 2018 Suzuki GSX-S750L8 (Susie Q)
post #3 of 21 (permalink) Old 03-22-2019, 06:17 PM

New Site Garage
Hallo en welkom

Not considering your budget keep an eye out in the F3 series for black engine. Those are the newer versions with upgraded R&D parts (enginewise). From modelyear '16 and on I believe.
Sprag clutch issues are mostly with the 800cc bikes. 675 not so much. However its still smart to put a yuaza or a lithium battery in it from the get go.

Mapping and drive by wire are all resolved. Usually resolved via software updates. So when buying on immediatly ask them to put the latest software update to the bike.

*which dealer(s) have caught your eye? Going for brand new or used?

"Mileena"
MV Agusta F3 675 '17 - Matt Avio Grey

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 21 (permalink) Old 03-22-2019, 11:38 PM

Send a message via AIM to nigelrb Send a message via Skype™ to nigelrb
Hi Dutch, and welcome.

2007 MV F4 1000R
2005 Aprilia RSV1000R Factory
2018 CBR1000RR SP2 / 2011 CBR1000RR / 2004 CBR1000RR / 2001 CBR929RR (Erion Edition)
1985 Honda VF1000R / 1985 Honda NS400R
post #5 of 21 (permalink) Old 03-23-2019, 04:27 AM
Established Member

Hello & Welcome
post #6 of 21 (permalink) Old 03-23-2019, 06:02 AM Thread Starter

Thank you for the kind words. Good to see people from all over the world, all the way from Georgia to the UK and even a fellow Dutch rider.

As for my purchase, in this Godforsaken country I simply can't afford a new MV since the taxman has me bending over every single month.

So, it will be an used one but I will look for a low mileage one.
675 or 800, I would naturally prefer a 800 due to the extra torque but maybe a 675 wouldn't make much of a difference.

My instincts say to simply get a GSXR750 and call it a day and know that I will have a machine that will do pretty much everything very good but my heart keeps on pushing me towards the recent model MVs.
I am the kinda guy that will only ride when I feel like it, won't drive it in winter time and would put the bike inside my living room but my wife won't let me.
Using it for a daily ride is out to out the question so I will be using it for pure fun, and looking at it in my mancave.

I am aware of the updated black engine but it's hard to find exact details on that badboy.
So far I found that it's the euro4 engine with differences to make the engine less noisy (mechanical) which to me is a good thing. Also some updates with valves on the 800 engine, balance shaft, vibration damper, different teething here and there and that's about it.
Looks like they still make about the same HP more or less so they made some decent performance improvements as emmision upgrades always rob HP. Good job MV !

Looking at a few MVs right now but a white 2016 675 with a new black engine (replaced under warranty and received the new and improved black engine.

I think it also received a different ECU and probably sensors as the Euro 4 engine will have a different ECU for sure along with sensors and such.

White with the red frame is my fave btw.

Any advise ?
post #7 of 21 (permalink) Old 03-23-2019, 08:25 AM

New Site Garage
I think I know which MV 675 you're talking about. I scout marktplaats from time to time.
His clutchbasket has blown apart and damaged the internal engine aswell. Thats why it got replaced with the new black engine.

*Either the previous owner wasnt up to date and didnt care. Or the dealer he bought it from also didnt inform him about the clutch basket recall.

When you look at it. Its basically a brand new bike. I'd change all fluids though.

"Mileena"

post #8 of 21 (permalink) Old 03-23-2019, 09:34 AM Thread Starter

Thanks man !
I was looking at it that way as well ...
A brand-new engine which is perfect for me.
What are the major recalls anyway ?

I know about the mapping at one point in the beginning as everybody was complaining about it and it was a disgrace to release the bike with a beta fuel mapping.

Also seen the Sprag clutch recall.

What are the things to look out for ?

Also, would you go for the 675 or always aim at the 800 ?
post #9 of 21 (permalink) Old 03-23-2019, 09:47 AM
Old Wing Nut

Send a message via Skype™ to esq'z me
Knowing what Jason has revealed, I would just go buy it before someone else does!!

Appears all recalls have been completed.
silentservice703 likes this.

I used to be fast....now I just dream about it.

'08 910R (Gina), '04 F4 SPR #275 Track Bike (Lola), YSR50 (The Rabbit), '71 CB100 (Lil' Red), '75 RD350C (Orange Bird) restoration project, '08 TT-R110 (Buster) Pam's ride, 2015 Indian Chieftain (Rita) my "low-n-slow", '70 Suzuki F50 (Baby Blue), 2018 Suzuki GSX-S750L8 (Susie Q)
post #10 of 21 (permalink) Old 03-23-2019, 11:27 AM

New Site Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutch MV View Post
Also seen the Sprag clutch recall.

What are the things to look out for ?

Also, would you go for the 675 or always aim at the 800 ?
Sprag clutch recall is ment for 800cc. However the 675 you're looking for has the 2018 euro4 engine. You good. Though never hurts to ask dealer if there is a recall for that bike.

Things to look out for...warm her up good before cranking the throttle. Wanna let your buddies hear how good she sounds. AFTER a ride when she is warm.
Never cold blipping. Or your valves going to scream xD

675 or 800..
People who rode both say the 675 is better for track. And 800 more street friendly.

Id go for 800. HOWEVER 800 doesnt have sexy matt avio grey 😉
esq'z me likes this.

"Mileena"

Last edited by Black_Gold_Saw; 03-23-2019 at 11:33 AM.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode