• 1 Post By esq'z me
  • 1 Post By 110205
  • 1 Post By Manic

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 01-24-2019, 05:46 AM Thread Starter

New Site Garage
Recent new Rivale owner from Africa!

Greetings to all!

My name is Wesley and I am based in Dar es Salaam, Tanzania. Managed to purchase a 2014 MV Agusta Rivale 800 early December, 2018. Luckily enough the previous owner had already fixed the starter sprag clutch issue.

Loving the Rivale so far as I had a 2007 Suzuki GSX-R 600 prior. My daily commutes are now way more convenient and much more enjoyable compared to the sport bike. I'm 5'5 and weigh in at 50kgs, I used to flat foot on my sport bike and now I have to tip toe on my Rivale. Surprisingly enough, I have learnt to handle and manoeuvre the bike with ease over the few weeks of ownership.

Unfortunately the Rivale didn't come with the side mirrors as the previous owner broke them too lol. I ended up buying some Chinese foldable bar-ends (considering new OEM mirrors cost me about $200 EACH shipped to my location) however one side became floppy and the other became stiff (stopped folding) within 2 weeks... I made the decision to remove the side mirrors and make a Reevu helmet purchase, as bikes look best without side mirrors anyways hehe

I have attached some snaps of my old GSXR and my Rivale below

Looking forward to joining this big family!!

Regards,

Wesley
Attached Images

Manic likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 01-24-2019, 06:17 AM

New Site Garage
Hello and welcome,

Congrats on your purchase, the rivale is suppose to be a supermoto kind of bike, thats why its seat position is higher.

I've heard about that helmet before, how is the experience with the mirror in the helmet?
WesSunday likes this.

"Mileena"
MV Agusta F3 675 '17 - Matt Avio Grey

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

The Following User Says Thank You to Black_Gold_Saw For This Useful Post:
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 01-24-2019, 06:31 AM
Old Wing Nut

Send a message via Skype™ to esq'z me
Welcome to the family !!!! I would love to hear your review of the helmet as well....
WesSunday likes this.

I used to be fast....now I just dream about it.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

'08 910R (Gina), '04 F4 SPR #275 Track Bike (Lola), YSR50 (The Rabbit), '71 CB100 (Lil' Red), '75 RD350C (Orange Bird) restoration project, '08 TT-R110 (Buster) Pam's ride, 2015 Indian Chieftain (Rita) my "low-n-slow", '70 Suzuki F50 (Baby Blue), 2018 Suzuki GSX-S750L8 (Susie Q)
The Following User Says Thank You to esq'z me For This Useful Post:
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 01-25-2019, 02:05 AM Thread Starter

New Site Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Black_Gold_Saw View Post
Hello and welcome,

Congrats on your purchase, the rivale is suppose to be a supermoto kind of bike, thats why its seat position is higher.

I've heard about that helmet before, how is the experience with the mirror in the helmet?
Hello Black_Gold_Saw, thank you very much! I really like and enjoy the aggressive seating position on the Rivale, when I first laid eyes on the Rivale I thought I would never be able to handle such a high seating position but I've now gotten used to it I am still waiting on the helmet to arrive, I will be sure to give some feedback and a small review about the Reevu MSX1 once I get my hands on it!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by esq'z me View Post
Welcome to the family !!!! I would love to hear your review of the helmet as well....
Hi esq'z me, I have seen some of your valuable inputs while browsing around the forums looking for information and knowledge!! Thank you for the warm welcome, I am actually waiting for the helmet to arrive. I will be sure to share my experience with it as well as a small review!
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 01-25-2019, 06:20 PM

Gidday Wes

Welcome from an Aussie. This is a fascinating forum, have a squiz around a bit, a good bunch and some really good advice and conversations to be had. I for one would be intersted to know what life in Tanzania is like, as a motorcyclist and as a citizen.

regards
Scott
WesSunday likes this.
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 01-27-2019, 08:39 PM
Established Member

New Site Garage
Welcome and a great bike - like others I'd be interested in your thoughts of the helmet too. Bar end mirrors are something that I have never had and nor do I think make much sense either. Height is something that you can accommodate with experience .... just look at videos of people on the KTM 1290 a change in technique.I can just about flat foot my Stradale on both sides but my voice goes up a little at the same time!
WesSunday likes this.

2015 Stradale
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 01-28-2019, 02:17 AM Thread Starter

New Site Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by MacRoyWallace View Post
Gidday Wes

Welcome from an Aussie. This is a fascinating forum, have a squiz around a bit, a good bunch and some really good advice and conversations to be had. I for one would be intersted to know what life in Tanzania is like, as a motorcyclist and as a citizen.

regards
Scott
Hi MacRoyWallace, thank you!! Indeed this is a fascinating forum. Great helpful inputs from the community and little to no hostility as majority of other forums are! I am actually an expat in Tanzania. For one, I love the people! They love to see nice bikes, always shouting, whistling and waving their arms high in the air trying to hype the riders up to pop a wheelie or give them a quick rev haha!! Drop me a PM if you have more questions you'd like to ask!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manic View Post
Welcome and a great bike - like others I'd be interested in your thoughts of the helmet too. Bar end mirrors are something that I have never had and nor do I think make much sense either. Height is something that you can accommodate with experience .... just look at videos of people on the KTM 1290 a change in technique.I can just about flat foot my Stradale on both sides but my voice goes up a little at the same time!
Hi Manic! Thank you, I will be sure to post a thorough review on it once I get to try it out! Regarding bar end mirrors, even though the mounting positions can be considered impractical however I see it as a major improvement compared to having to turn your head 180 degrees to see what is behind you and lose those few seconds of visibility ahead Hahaha during the first two weeks of owning my Rivale I could feel my toes about to give me a muscle spasm however I am confident enough now to say that my toes are much, much stronger than before

- 98 Honda Hornet 250 [Sold]
- 07 Suzuki GSX-R 600 [Sold]
- 03 KTM 200SX 2T [Sold]
- 14 MV Agusta Rivale 800 [Current]

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode