new member, relatively new rider with a question for fellow short riders - Page 2 - MVAgusta.net
 6Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #11 of 32 (permalink) Old 04-09-2018, 04:30 AM Thread Starter

Not rid of it yet! plus its helping us make the italian flag in the garage at the moment I'll be sad when it goes

Because they teach you to put your left foot down and right foot on the rear break that's what I have been doing since I passed and I have just learnt to position on the road to avoid the worst of the camber. I think I will try and get out of that habit, because like you say I'm sitting on the clutch and never using neutral.

Ive heard some good weather is on its way!

Quote:
Originally Posted by nigelrb View Post
Hi Dani, and welcome from West Midlands.

Nice looking bike. Are you glad to be rid of that horrid green?

As others have said, become familiar with the bike before you consider lowering. Learning a new bike's balance and peculiarities is part of new ownership. Even what might seem a simple matter like getting your leg over the rear cowl without marking it become easy once you've developed a method. The same will happen with your stop/starting and foot to the ground.

esq'z me might have forgotten you're in UK, so are riding on the opposite side of the road. He rightfully makes reference to camber, but in your situation, as is mine, I stop with my right foot to the ground - being the 'high side' of the road. This also simplifies shifting from neutral to first (rather than ride the clutch) because the left foot is already on the peg.

All we need now is some decent weather to get out there!!
Attached Images

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 32 (permalink) Old 04-09-2018, 04:32 AM Thread Starter

Got it from Moto Corsa in Gillingham, pretty good service, still didnt give a full tank like they promised though!

I've booked it in at JHS racing as it's local to me and I've had experience with them before.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bumpkin View Post
Welcome to the forum Dani, great looking bike you have there. Which dealer did you buy from?

If you're thinking about getting the suspension set-up then maybe speak to MCT, they may have advice on lowering too.
post #13 of 32 (permalink) Old 04-09-2018, 06:19 AM

Send a message via AIM to nigelrb Send a message via Skype™ to nigelrb
Hey Dani. Is that a garage or a bleedin' apartment? Room for half-a-dozen more bikes in there!!
Dani and Dani like this.

2007 MV F4 1000R
2018 CBR1000RR SP2 : 2004 CBR1000RR : 2003 CBR954RR : 2001 CBR929RR (Erion Racing Edition)
1985 Honda VF1000R : 1985 Honda NS400R
2020 Daytona 765 Moto 2 Replica (on order)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #14 of 32 (permalink) Old 04-09-2018, 07:37 AM

New Site Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dani View Post
Got it from Moto Corsa in Gillingham, pretty good service, still didnt give a full tank like they promised though!
Good dealership in my experience. Stands to reason as you're Bristol based.

Despite having two others marginally closer I prefer to use Moto Corsa myself.

Chas
Previously a MY16 Turismo Veloce Lusso
Defected to a Ducati Multistrada 1260S Touring
post #15 of 32 (permalink) Old 04-10-2018, 08:51 AM
Established Member

New Site Garage
Hi Dani and welcome! Google Lust Racing for a lowering link kit, about £80.00, they definitely do one for your bike, then drop the yokes down the forks, If I remember the Lust kit comes with advice on that. I did both on a Benelli TRe K, I am also a 29 inch inside leg and after lowering the Benelli I rode much more comfortably and never ran out of ground clearance. On a track that you know, you could possibly find ground clearance an issue, but I doubt it unless you do track days regularly.
I have a 2017 Brutale 800 and when I first got it I thought about lowering it too, but as it weighs 40 kg less I found that I didn't need to bother. The bottom line is do what makes you confident and then you will get full enjoyment from your lovely new bike!
Dani and Dani like this.

It's a definite maybe.
The Following User Says Thank You to Hubbinator For This Useful Post:
post #16 of 32 (permalink) Old 04-10-2018, 03:55 PM

Keep this a secret but these boots will add 6cm to your inseam . https://www.daytona.de/en/index.php?...l&lid=1&eid=12

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

“If you don't know where you are going any road can take you there”
post #17 of 32 (permalink) Old 04-11-2018, 05:44 AM Thread Starter

I have seen these, but they are just not as pretty as my sidi's if I was a sensible person who chose practicality over looks I wouldnt have bought an F3800 that's too big for me

Quote:
Originally Posted by CharLy View Post
Keep this a secret but these boots will add 6cm to your inseam . https://www.daytona.de/en/index.php?...l&lid=1&eid=12

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
airjawed and airjawed like this.
post #18 of 32 (permalink) Old 04-11-2018, 10:42 AM

New Site Garage
Hi Dani, welcome to the forum, I have the opposite issue of being 6'2" and fitting within the MV's body shape. Your bike looks great, be careful and enjoy.

MV F4 750 EVO3 2003
MV Brutale 910s 2007
Honda VFR800 1998
Honda MBX 125 FE 1983
F4 Agusta mini moto replica
Chinese Quadbike made of peanut butter (crunchy).
post #19 of 32 (permalink) Old 04-11-2018, 04:05 PM
Trying to work out how to post on here I'm not good at this stuff
post #20 of 32 (permalink) Old 04-11-2018, 04:07 PM
Hi everyone I'm new to this group I'm really sad my mv f4 has speedo problems a blue screen with no information displayed it's a 2010 model any help would be appreciated thanks

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode