Hello. I've just become the proud owner of a Dragster RR. - Page 2 - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #11 of 19 (permalink) Old 01-22-2017, 07:33 AM

New Site Garage
Chris - Hi and welcome! Full of knowledge on here and some great people

I know that white one well and think you have done better off with the black one (Although I do prefer the looks of the white one a bit more despite constantly cleaning the wheels!)

You will have loads of fun on that but I do highly recommend a slightly more open exhaust as it does change the MV sound completely

I also am 99% sure I know the first owner of the black one. I recognise the carbon RSR scoops and grey sticker on the side

One bit of advice - tilt the plate on the black one so its similar to the white one pictured or the first time you hit any bump you'll rip the plate off with the tyre

Anyways enjoy

Motocrosser from 1993-1999 & 2009-2014

Now just a keyboard warrior & road rider supporting my son in his racing

Follow me on YouTube for old races of me, current road and track racing & my son competing

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 19 (permalink) Old 01-23-2017, 03:35 AM
Established Member

Hi there,

Welcome to the forum mate. The black Dragster is my favourite MV it's a great colour scheme. I don't own one.......yet. Agree 100% on the exhaust, go aftermarket and let that sound out.

Graham
00 Red/Grey Hayabusa
10 BMW K1300GT
16 Dragster 800RR
post #13 of 19 (permalink) Old 02-04-2017, 07:22 AM

I have just bought a Dragster RR 2016 as well. Would you know how to change the ABS level I have no problem turning it on or off it's just setting the level I havent worked out.

Last edited by PhillD; 02-04-2017 at 09:59 AM. Reason: 2016
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #14 of 19 (permalink) Old 02-04-2017, 09:02 AM

New Site Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhillD View Post
I have just bought a Dragster RR 2015 as well. Would you know how to change the ABS level I have no problem turning it on or off it's just setting the level I havent worked out.

I think I'd start with the owners manual. but I'm sure someone here will be able to help.

2014 F4 RR
2008 Yamaha Raider S
1982 Suzuki GS850L
post #15 of 19 (permalink) Old 02-04-2017, 09:46 AM

Thanks, I checked the manuals on line but couldn't find the exact year for my bike 2016 the ones I did find helped with everything except the ABS level. The main display has a small circle with the figure 1 in it just like the traction control level display, I'm sure some one will have a user manual and can help out. Thanks again.

Last edited by PhillD; 02-04-2017 at 09:48 AM. Reason: Small error.
post #16 of 19 (permalink) Old 02-04-2017, 10:00 AM

New Site Garage
If it's anything like the ABS on the Turismo (the same Bosch 9 Plus system) then it's just 0 and 1 (off or on). They must have been thinking in boolean logic...

Chas
Previously a MY16 Turismo Veloce Lusso
Defected to a Ducati Multistrada 1260S Touring
post #17 of 19 (permalink) Old 02-04-2017, 02:04 PM

New Site Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhillD View Post
I have just bought a Dragster RR 2016 as well. Would you know how to change the ABS level I have no problem turning it on or off it's just setting the level I havent worked out.
You wanna hear the good news or bad news?

Good news is YES it can be turned off which is great as many sports bikes cant

Bad news is unlike the F3 it has road or off not the race/sport of the F3

That means that its basically a pig to have on if you track or ride fast on the road. For day to day riding and a faster bimble you'll have no problem but if you are a quick rider or use on track you'll find it a right pain in the ar*e

I messaged MV Agusta direct on this about a year ago and they replied saying thank you and that they would feed the info to R&D...and that was the last I heard

Motocrosser from 1993-1999 & 2009-2014

Now just a keyboard warrior & road rider supporting my son in his racing

Follow me on YouTube for old races of me, current road and track racing & my son competing

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #18 of 19 (permalink) Old 02-04-2017, 02:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dean100yz View Post
You wanna hear the good news or bad news?
I messaged MV Agusta direct on this about a year ago and they replied saying thank you and that they would feed the info to R&D...and that was the last I heard
Is the problem not that the Bosch ABS works independently. If the ABS unit has not been programmed by Bosch with the dual levels, nothing MV does with that particular unit will help. At best it would need an update to the Dash to add in the race option and an update by Bosch to the ABS unit (I doubt that would occur). I don't know if the ABS unit on the Dragster is the same basic version as those on the F4 and F3, if not then it would need to be changed.

----------------------------------------
2015 MV F4, ABS
ECU Re-Mapped with ECU studio (F4 RC base ROM)
QS & Blipper now working with ECU studio and Durashift sensor

others
GSXR 1000
GSXR 750
post #19 of 19 (permalink) Old 02-04-2017, 02:56 PM

Thanks for letting me know it will save a lot of time looking around trying to figure out something that's not available on the dragster, the reason I was looking is when the ignition is turned on and during the initial checking phase it goes from zero to eight then back to one.

Thanks again for the help, this is the first time I have used the forum and it's good to link up with other owners.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode