Your first bike....? - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 36 (permalink) Old 04-06-2006, 02:22 PM Thread Starter

Your first bike....?

Ok, let's see everyone's first bike...

Here's my first bike... the year is 19?? well, let's just say I was 16...!!!
Attached Images

....shay hullo to my lille friend
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 36 (permalink) Old 04-06-2006, 02:25 PM
Living the Dream

New Site Garage
Never had a pic, but taught myself how to ride on a 1988 Suzuki GS650, it was slower than all hell, but it lead to greater things!

Get busy livin, or get busy dyin
Motorcycle Art!
You live more in 5 minutes on a bike like this, going
flat out, than most people live in a lifetime.
post #3 of 36 (permalink) Old 04-06-2006, 02:26 PM
Thumbs up

Is it a CB250 Kamran? Did you make that seat yourself? I bet you thought you were Peter Fonda on a budget. I wish I had some pictures of my first road bike a Yamaha RD200, but sadly non survive. Nice memories though mate, nice idea for a thread too.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Keep one wheel down!

If you can't fix it with a hammer you've got an electrical problem!

No MV's in the garage anymore
but I pop in here from time to time
. Come to think of it I don't have a garage since the old one burnt down!
But...…..a new one is currently rising from the ashes......watch this space!
post #4 of 36 (permalink) Old 04-06-2006, 02:31 PM

Something like this, but mine was blue.

Jack
post #5 of 36 (permalink) Old 04-06-2006, 02:34 PM

I had a blue one too! This one looks a little more modern than what I recall of mine. I had to give it up after the fifth time I crashed due to the handlebars coming off. Luckily my best friend had a Honda Trail 70 that he let me ride when his dad wasn't looking.

post #6 of 36 (permalink) Old 04-06-2006, 02:56 PM

Send a message via AIM to Matty
i pretty much learned on a buddies 1993 gsxr 750 but this is the first bike i bought out of college. I kinda miss her but not as much as now i have the MV

post #7 of 36 (permalink) Old 04-06-2006, 03:04 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by john
Is it a CB250 Kamran? Did you make that seat yourself? I bet you thought you were Peter Fonda on a budget. I wish I had some pictures of my first road bike a Yamaha RD200, but sadly non survive. Nice memories though mate, nice idea for a thread too.
... you're gooood!!!!

Well, the building of it was kind of between me and a friend of mine, although I recall welding the thing back together so many times that I lost count!!! For some reason I wanted a dual purpose bike but like the look of a chopper, so I took it dirt biking often... nothing like a chopper catching air... well except for the landing that typically resulted in a number broken parts!!!... oh well, back to the weld shop!!!

Although I was a Peter Fonda on a budget, the girls sure didn't mind it???

....shay hullo to my lille friend
post #8 of 36 (permalink) Old 04-06-2006, 03:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgcullen
I had a blue one too! This one looks a little more modern than what I recall of mine. I had to give it up after the fifth time I crashed due to the handlebars coming off. Luckily my best friend had a Honda Trail 70 that he let me ride when his dad wasn't looking.
It's funny. I remember being out riding with my brothers in the desert near Phoneix AZ. I was the pup (3rd or 4th grade at the time), my brother Dave had a Hodaka 110 and Mike a KLE100. I cried because I was afraid to go up the hills by myself--seemed like mountains back then. I still remember my brother getting off his bike and riding mine right up the hill.

Bought my son a DRZ110 last year and took him trail riding. Unfortunately he ended up crying the same way. You try to install fear into your kids so they wont go out and do something stupid. But sometimes it backfires on you...

Jack
post #9 of 36 (permalink) Old 04-06-2006, 03:43 PM

Send a message via Yahoo to ddnuts
Ha ha very funny thread. My first bike was a moped, not a scooter, but a moped. It was a piece of crap 1980 Yamaha QT 50 that had a terrible gas leak problem. I remember the head light went out so I taped a flashlight to the basket in the front. The light was very good except it shined up in the trees, so I had no idea what was in the street. Those were the days.

Personality is what you show of yourself daily.

Character is what comes out under adversity. (Think about that)
post #10 of 36 (permalink) Old 04-06-2006, 04:25 PM

My dad crashed my first mini-bike. I was scared to death that my Mother would never let me have another motorcycle after his trip to the hospital. But then I got my Yamaha Mini Enduro, and it's been happy riding for over 30 years! Of course mine was originally yellow and black, but then I painted it blue.
Attached Images

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode