hoolinganism on an mv - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 04-06-2006, 10:54 AM Thread Starter

Send a message via Yahoo to altoon
hoolinganism on an mv

ok, so my bike is out of the break-in period. well, sort of. i saw 666 miles (~1065km) on the odo.

so, i thought it might be fun to try a wheelie with the f4 1k...

holy-monoposto, batman!

that bike lofts the front wheel about as nicely and predictably as any i've every ridden! very impressive.

so, on my second one (there are a few lights on my way to work...), i lofted the front, and clicked her up a gear...damn that's nice.

alright, so now that i've fessed up to my sinful behavior, has anyone else been guilty of this kind of activity with such a beautiful machine?

alex

ps - do i dare try a stoppie?? LOL>
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 04-06-2006, 11:20 AM
guilty.
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 04-06-2006, 11:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple Seven
guilty.
Me three. My friends still laugh about the wheelie I did with the motorcycle cop right behind me! Damn useless mirrors! He turned on his lights and pulled up next to me and just said "Keep it down" as I nodded embarassingly.

Where's craw on this one . . .I'm not sure I've ever seen his front wheel actually on the ground

As for a stoppie, not sure my MV has the brakes for that . . .at least not on purpose. All my stoppies seem to be panic induced
post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 04-06-2006, 05:51 PM
MV Cellist

Send a message via Yahoo to odonata Send a message via Skype™ to odonata
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nevermore
Me three. My friends still laugh about the wheelie I did with the motorcycle cop right behind me! Damn useless mirrors! He turned on his lights and pulled up next to me and just said "Keep it down" as I nodded embarassingly.

Where's craw on this one . . .I'm not sure I've ever seen his front wheel actually on the ground

As for a stoppie, not sure my MV has the brakes for that . . .at least not on purpose. All my stoppies seem to be panic induced

you lucky baster, normally that's 2 points violation "reckless riding"!

No brakes for that?????? if you can stop the bike, you can do it, I think you meant "not as easily"?

O D O N A T A

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 04-06-2006, 06:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by odonata
you lucky baster, normally that's 2 points violation "reckless riding"!

No brakes for that?????? if you can stop the bike, you can do it, I think you meant "not as easily"?
Yeh, it's just that I've been riding Triumphs lately. A speed triple will make a stunt rider out of anybody I did a full on stoppie in the middle of rush hour on the 405! Unintentional, of course.

As for luck, I guess I've dodged more than my fair share of bullets lately. I might as well just get ready for them to throw the book at me sooner or later. I think it actually helps that I have out of state plates on my MV!

So I guess I'm not making a good case to get my Senna test drive, huh?
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 04-06-2006, 07:15 PM
Established Member

Send a message via AIM to thecraw-r1f4 Send a message via Yahoo to thecraw-r1f4
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nevermore

Wheelie ??? Who ?? What?? Me?? Where??

And why did you do that wheelie in front of the cop? was it some bastids fault for gearing your bike too low hee hee

p.s. I got the stock sprocket sitting by my toolchest!
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 04-06-2006, 07:41 PM

Used to do lots of wheelies in the early days, I once got caught going through a radar on my back wheel doing 80kms in a 60km zone (the road is a wide three lane and safer than most of our highways with not a car anywhere near me...accept that I police car I didn't see the parked futher up the road), fortunately for me the officer at the other end was a bike rider and only gave me a ticket for 70kms...no wheelie . I cant see myself doing them on the MV, maybe it's because I've only had the bike a couple of weeks now but IMO she has too much class to be stunting on.
post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 04-06-2006, 11:30 PM

i had to wheelie the bike the first time i took a spin on it........i agree with the smooth power delivery and the great throttle response......i have to admit though i've never been so nervous to wheelie a bike.......just the thought of dropping her brings tears to my eys..
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 04-06-2006, 11:37 PM
Established Member

I have only lifted my front wheel a few times unintentionally.
post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 04-07-2006, 12:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shogunz
I have only lifted my front wheel a few times unintentionally.
ditto

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode