MV Corse Special Parts Bikes, Kits and Factory Limited Editions - Page 2 - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #11 of 621 (permalink) Old 04-15-2014, 02:35 PM Thread Starter
Formerly WYD OPN

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruilosa View Post
Again, thank you! I knew just a few were made but only 9

I guess the price was to close to the Tamburini bike, making it less appealing.
Yes, it was still considered as an SP bike rather than a production limited edition. With the carbon bodywork, the Tamburini was a better value, and also bore the name of the designer.

Your 312R-based Corse is a higher spec bike than the Tambo, except it didn't have TSS. But the Corse should have had carbon bodywork, IMHO.

In the US, the Tambo was $42,695. Your Corse would have been about $39,000 over here. The 312R was $24,995 and the Corse kit would have been another $6700 plus carbon kit, Marchesinis, and titanium exhaust, etc., plus install. (In the brochure, all the carbon trim is considered optional as personalization of the kit.)

Nobody else seems to love the SP bikes and the Veltros like a few of us do.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by VELTRO 1; 04-22-2014 at 03:28 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 621 (permalink) Old 04-15-2014, 03:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by VELTRO 1 View Post
Yes, it was still considered as an SP bike rather than a production limited edition. With the carbon bodywork, the Tamburini was a better value, and also bore the name of the designer.

Your 312R-based Corse is a higher spec bike than the Tambo, except it didn't have TSS. But the Corse should have had carbon bodywork, IMHO.

In the US, the Tambo was $42,695. Your Corse would have been about $33,000 over here. The 312R was $24,995 and the Corse kit would have been another $6000 plus carbon and install. (In the brochure, all the carbon trim is considered optional as personalization of the kit.)

My bike cost was 42000€ (erm....errrr) since i chose the full options, but i gave 3 watches in exchange, so its more....

I do love some of the SP bikes, and honestly was given the oportunity to buy a special Tamburini, but the colour scheme wasn´t my favourite. The Corse appealed to me more, and what counts is how you react to a specific model or bike.

P.s Blake, do you know of an F4 750 Strada ever produced ?
post #13 of 621 (permalink) Old 04-15-2014, 06:01 PM Thread Starter
Formerly WYD OPN

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruilosa View Post
My bike cost was 42000€ (erm....errrr) since i chose the full options, but i gave 3 watches in exchange, so its more....
Wow, that's $58,000 USD. Much more than the Tamburini at $43,000.

Quote:
I do love some of the SP bikes, and honestly was given the oportunity to buy a special Tamburini, but the colour scheme wasn´t my favourite. The Corse appealed to me more, and what counts is how you react to a specific model or bike.

P.s Blake, do you know of an F4 750 Strada ever produced ?
The original 750S was the 750 Strada. That's probably not what you're talking about, though.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by VELTRO 1; 04-15-2014 at 06:08 PM.
post #14 of 621 (permalink) Old 04-16-2014, 12:42 PM
Established Member

Well put Veltro. So often magazines refer to a newer F4 as a Tamburini design, but it is not. Adrian Morton was put to the task of giving the bike new bodywork, with the idea that it look like a freshened up version of the original.

Quote:
But as much as I appreciate the new Gen2 F4RR as a more modern and superior overall product for today's market, Morton's beauty will fade while Tamburini's will remain timeless, even with its broader hips.
post #15 of 621 (permalink) Old 04-16-2014, 04:05 PM Thread Starter
Formerly WYD OPN

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAndrewG View Post
Well put Veltro. So often magazines refer to a newer F4 as a Tamburini design, but it is not. Adrian Morton was put to the task of giving the bike new bodywork, with the idea that it look like a freshened up version of the original.
No doubt Morton's design is gorgeous as a worthy successor, and without peer amongst current competitors. But it isn't a landmark of genius and forward-thinking like Tamburini's original.

The F4 was first penned in 1997, and went into production in 1999. That's 15-17 years of timeless elegance in an industry of products that generally all look dated in 5 years or less.

Morton has done well with the overall product lineup. But the first F4 will never have an equal. The only plausible second place is Tamburini's own 916-series Duc.

None of this is ground-breaking information. We all knew it already.

post #16 of 621 (permalink) Old 04-16-2014, 04:20 PM

New Site Garage
Second that!!

What a beast of a motorcycle!
It growls and rages and flies across the tarmac like a wild animal that has escaped the confinement of a cage and after merely waiting restlessly until the release, will not endure being locked up ever again.

Skye I miss you. L'essentiel est invisible pour les yeux.
post #17 of 621 (permalink) Old 04-16-2014, 07:46 PM
Big Randaddy

Quote:
I certainly do! I don't care one bit whether a Mamba is considered a cobbled up "kit" bike or a factory original......I really like the looks of the bike. Isn't that what really matters?

Our friend Francois has a Brutie America that is sexy as all get out in my opinion. It's a ratty old spec 750, but it really looks nice to me.

910R, S4RS Monster,'78 BMW R100S, Heritage Softail, Chrome V-Rod, Sportster 48, Kawasaki Concours 1400, '07 Ultra Classic with sidecar, yellow Vespa LX 150, a cool little Ruckus, and a very understanding wife........
post #18 of 621 (permalink) Old 04-16-2014, 07:48 PM
Big Randaddy

Quote:
Morton has done well with the overall product lineup. But the first F4 will never have an equal.
What about the Honda Rune?

910R, S4RS Monster,'78 BMW R100S, Heritage Softail, Chrome V-Rod, Sportster 48, Kawasaki Concours 1400, '07 Ultra Classic with sidecar, yellow Vespa LX 150, a cool little Ruckus, and a very understanding wife........
post #19 of 621 (permalink) Old 04-16-2014, 08:02 PM Thread Starter
Formerly WYD OPN

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randarosa View Post
I certainly do! I don't care one bit whether a Mamba is considered a cobbled up "kit" bike or a factory original......I really like the looks of the bike. Isn't that what really matters?

Our friend Francois has a Brutie America that is sexy as all get out in my opinion. It's a ratty old spec 750, but it really looks nice to me.
We're evidently a small category, though.

Other than the TSS system and the rear shock on the Tambo, the Mamba on an F4 1000S is very nearly the same spec. And for those who don't prefer gold bling, I'd think it might even be preferable based on appearance alone.

It never gets a lot of attention when I start these threads on Special Parts bikes. Maybe they're so rare, they're not on the radar for very many. But if you can find one, they're a bargain now. It's almost like getting the SP kit free with the bike.

post #20 of 621 (permalink) Old 04-16-2014, 08:05 PM Thread Starter
Formerly WYD OPN

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randarosa View Post
What about the Honda Rune?
I love the Rune. But it's no F4, IMHO. Even the Britten is more significant than attractive. There just aren't any peers for the Gen1 F4.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode