People these days....... - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 39 (permalink) Old 04-03-2006, 02:04 PM Thread Starter

People these days.......

First of all I'd like to show my appreciation for this site being here....not only does it give a place for MV enthusiasts to congregate......this site has a "sophisticated" and classy feel just as the MV's do. I'm very glad to be a part of this community...........well with that being said...this is why.

I am part of other sportbike forums....and out of the excitement I've had with the recent purchase of my SPR.... I posted some pictures of my bikes on this website...and the comments left were..."he must be a drug dealer.."........"the MV is nice but my kawasaki is nicer any day..."....i guess there are alot of jealos people out there... I've had people make snide remarks when i first bought my Ducati....but i guess it doesn't get any better than an MV eh?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 39 (permalink) Old 04-03-2006, 02:09 PM

I am an ordinary guy, who works for a living and have a great understanding wife who also rides.... we love bikes and therefore buy one or two bikes

One Made up word sums it up

MVious

Last edited by Juan; 04-03-2006 at 02:13 PM.
post #3 of 39 (permalink) Old 04-03-2006, 02:52 PM

Just like the Corvette guys comparing their cars to a Ferrari!

Both are great performers but no one looks at a Corvette and says WOW!!

Class vs crass.

John T
post #4 of 39 (permalink) Old 04-03-2006, 02:55 PM
Living the Dream

New Site Garage
Jealousy is a good way to describe it. Another good pharse my dad always used for people that spoke like what you have described, "you can take them out of the trailer park, but you can't take the trailer park out of them!!" Let them be jealous b/c there is no way any of the their bikes compare to that SPR!

Get busy livin, or get busy dyin
Motorcycle Art!
You live more in 5 minutes on a bike like this, going
flat out, than most people live in a lifetime.
post #5 of 39 (permalink) Old 04-03-2006, 03:07 PM

The Mv and its history are in a class all its own. Nothing touches it.
post #6 of 39 (permalink) Old 04-03-2006, 03:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jskipper
I've had people make snide remarks
Agreed. I rarely go to gatherings anymore after a year of that sort of thing early in my mv exposure - even at the more mature ones. The worst part of ownership in my opinion is the poor commaraderie of our 'fellow' riders when a bike like this shows up.

I was once on the ground under an NR750 that pulled up to a weekly bike night type thing - just poking around. Couple of guys walked up and one made some outrageously offensive remark about something to do with looking at an MV when the NR was here. I found it funny that I was literally on my back poking around after having grilled the owner all while having a good time talking bikes.

It turned out the guy he was with knew me and said "oh, well that's his MV why don't you tell him"-pointing down at me. He left

I've never understood this type of behaviour at something like a bike gathering. You'd think fellow motorcyclists would stick together but it seems to be the opposite some times doesn't it.

JamesC

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #7 of 39 (permalink) Old 04-03-2006, 03:54 PM
MV Cellist

Send a message via Yahoo to odonata Send a message via Skype™ to odonata
Quote:
Originally Posted by jskipper
First of all I'd like to show my appreciation for this site being here....not only does it give a place for MV enthusiasts to congregate......this site has a "sophisticated" and classy feel just as the MV's do. I'm very glad to be a part of this community...........well with that being said...this is why.

I am part of other sportbike forums....and out of the excitement I've had with the recent purchase of my SPR.... I posted some pictures of my bikes on this website...and the comments left were..."he must be a drug dealer.."........"the MV is nice but my kawasaki is nicer any day..."....i guess there are alot of jealos people out there... I've had people make snide remarks when i first bought my Ducati....but i guess it doesn't get any better than an MV eh?

Sour Grapes

O D O N A T A

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #8 of 39 (permalink) Old 04-03-2006, 04:42 PM

I Race my MV. I showed up at my local CCS regional race with my bike. I went through tech inspection.......All they could do is talk about how expensive the bike was and comments like "is must be nice". I was abit embarrased. Tech never even looked to see if my oil drainer cap was wired, or anything else.

I found this to be the norm at most tracks I go to. I've stopped tring to explain why I race it.

People are funny. Oh well.
post #9 of 39 (permalink) Old 04-03-2006, 04:44 PM

Check out this response to one of my threads on another forum: (we were "discussing" why an R7 is valuable and he seemed to disagree with me

you were doing fine with your post till you said det at the end

that shows your stipidititi

becaw you can take and twist any post anyone writes into what you

and what you want to get out of it

or not get out of it

and derail it and make of it what ever you want to make it

to make the other person look stipid

but in reality your the stipid

sooo stipid

you're post is so ghey

P.S. an MV is a ghey bike and poser bike

By the way I also got people saying things like: "Ah I don't envy his bike note" To which I politely replied that there wasn't a bike note on mine...
post #10 of 39 (permalink) Old 04-03-2006, 04:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by outtadaloop

By the way I also got people saying things like: "Ah I don't envy his bike note" To which I politely replied that there wasn't a bike note on mine...
It's a nice feeling, I agree

I however, have had nothing but positive responces from riders of Japanese, Ducati, Guzzi's and even Harleys! I thinkn it may have a lot to do with the different styling intentions of the F4 and the Brut, but I haven't met anyone who hasn't loved the bike, even a rider on a GSX-R750 who flagged me down to look at the bike

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode