Who likes the new ducati 749-999 vs the MV? - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 42 (permalink) Old 04-01-2006, 08:44 PM Thread Starter

Last edited by mellottiracing; 04-02-2006 at 04:07 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 42 (permalink) Old 04-01-2006, 09:54 PM
I cant stand the Ducati look, looks so cheap when I compare to a F4-1000. All the Ducati range can't hold a stick to the MV range. Sorry just my opinion.
post #3 of 42 (permalink) Old 04-01-2006, 10:19 PM

Personally, though I plan to get a 749 Dark for the track, I just can't get behind the looks, and apparently neither can most of Ducati's potential customers, as evidenced in the extreme slowdown in sales for the Superbikes, and Ducati's recently announced intention to redsign the bikes' aestheics to be more "customer friendly".
And, how you don't find the MV adjustable baffles me; I mean, it even has an adjustable head angle
post #4 of 42 (permalink) Old 04-01-2006, 10:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple Seven
I cant stand the Ducati look, looks so cheap when I compare to a F4-1000. All the Ducati range can't hold a stick to the MV range. Sorry just my opinion.
Totally agree.
The 999 has terrible proportions awkward stance and compromized detailing.
I think I've been vocal enough in the past on my total dissapointment in the 999....
With a nuff-nuff in charge...this was bound to happen. No wonder they've removed him from the Design centre
post #5 of 42 (permalink) Old 04-02-2006, 04:16 AM

Me

I love the looks on both (the 749-999 has to have the red frame and the black swingarm), although i accept that the MV looks is more sexy and more appealing to everyone.
post #6 of 42 (permalink) Old 04-03-2006, 04:43 PM

^^^diplomacy at it's best.

this is the quickest ending ducati bashing thread i've ever seen!
post #7 of 42 (permalink) Old 04-03-2006, 05:16 PM

Send a message via Yahoo to altoon
even the CEO of ducati doesn't like the new ducati!!!

here's the full interview:http://www.superbikeplanet.com/2006/Mar/060315a.htm

but this is the MOST interesting segment:

Q. Do you think it's fair to say that the 999 is at the end of its life, or nearing it?

A. Well, we declared the death of the 998 too early. We clearly don't want to declare another one dead too early. But it has been on the market for quite a while now.

It's a divisive bike. Somebody liked it very much, somebody did not like it very much. And so, of course, we are looking at a substitute. But when and how, we still don't know. But I think that the new one will be more in the sign of tradition of Ducati. While the 999 was very forward and innovative and a kind of discontinuity with the past, it's hard to improve Michelangelo's Pieta, after all. And so I think that our decision which, with hindsight, maybe was not right, was to really go off the beaten track and try something very novelty. I think that we will try to go back to less angle and more round and stuff like that. But it still is a work in process, and we'll see what happens there.
post #8 of 42 (permalink) Old 04-03-2006, 08:54 PM

I don't mean to sound like a "insert here" but I believe I have a solution to your bike versus my bike problem. Own more than one...
post #9 of 42 (permalink) Old 04-03-2006, 09:20 PM

Send a message via AIM to oicdn Send a message via Yahoo to oicdn
The solution is easy...call up Massimo and say "Hey...fix this horrendous thing that Terblanche screwed up!"

Problem is, Ducati's known for "being at the forefront of innovation" or so the cliche' goes. They're gonna have one hell of a time dismissing that Terbanche crap, and trying to even come remotely close to the timeless styling of Massimo...good luck....

Nate
Brutale S
Previously CLE #333 (hee hee, it rhymes!)
Buy some clothes:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by altoon
and the HUGE lower triple clamp. that thing is braced like king-kong at at a bondage party.
post #10 of 42 (permalink) Old 04-04-2006, 01:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ARCHILLE
I don't mean to sound like a "insert here" but I believe I have a solution to your bike versus my bike problem. Own more than one...
One MV is enough ... for me, buying a 999 would be like shaking hands with the devil

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode