My New Tamburini - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 17 (permalink) Old 03-26-2006, 12:52 AM Thread Starter

My New Tamburini

Hello:

I followed a link to this site sent to me by Samson, the great fellow at Pro Italia that sold me the most wonderful item I have ever owned...An MV Agusta Tamburini.

The link led to two pages of photos of the bike I bought (good job by the way, I hope you don't mind if I grab all and put into my IPhoto)

Anyway, I've spent the past four hours wandering around the site and just read the forum posting about reg and posting...so I decide to do both. Great site, great passion and a whole bunch of smart folks, a tad obsessed, but definitely smart. Part of what I have always loved about these bikes is the design, attention to detail, the smoothness (both the ride and appearance) and the total art & intelligence that surrounds the entire MV culture. This site AND the Tamburini reflects all of those attributes.

The bike has turned me into a drooling idiot though, I find myself staring at it for hours. It also inspires me as I drool.

The ride...equally inspiring and geez, what can I say, perfect.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 17 (permalink) Old 03-26-2006, 01:08 AM
Administrator

Send a message via Yahoo to alvin
DB,

Welcome to mvagusta.net. We are definately all obsessed

Will await to approve your registry submission! Congrats on the best purchase in your life
post #3 of 17 (permalink) Old 03-26-2006, 01:16 AM
MV Cellist

Send a message via Yahoo to odonata Send a message via Skype™ to odonata
welcome to the MVAA... I was the guy that took the pictures @ pro Italia just a few days before you bought it... you are lucky because I was going to come back that same afternoon to buy it with a bag of cash but the armor truck I was going to hit didn't show up

Anyway, that is one sexy bike... the only thing was that I didn't like the dark windscreen that was on it though... are you going to get a new plate on the yoke with your name on it?

Just noticed in your profile that you were in the music business too... also you live just a few miles up La Cienega from me.

All joking aside, very nice to have you here!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DB Graves
Hello:

I followed a link to this site sent to me by Samson, the great fellow at Pro Italia that sold me the most wonderful item I have ever owned...An MV Agusta Tamburini.

The link led to two pages of photos of the bike I bought (good job by the way, I hope you don't mind if I grab all and put into my IPhoto)

Anyway, I've spent the past four hours wandering around the site and just read the forum posting about reg and posting...so I decide to do both. Great site, great passion and a whole bunch of smart folks, a tad obsessed, but definitely smart. Part of what I have always loved about these bikes is the design, attention to detail, the smoothness (both the ride and appearance) and the total art & intelligence that surrounds the entire MV culture. This site AND the Tamburini reflects all of those attributes.

The bike has turned me into a drooling idiot though, I find myself staring at it for hours. It also inspires me as I drool.

The ride...equally inspiring and geez, what can I say, perfect.

O D O N A T A

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by odonata; 03-26-2006 at 01:21 AM.
post #4 of 17 (permalink) Old 03-26-2006, 01:30 AM

Welcome to the site, we lookforward with great excitment for photos and ride report on your most excellent purchase!
post #5 of 17 (permalink) Old 03-26-2006, 01:43 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by odonata
welcome to the MVAA... I was the guy that took the pictures @ pro Italia just a few days before you bought it... you are lucky because I was going to come back that same afternoon to buy it with a bag of cash but the armor truck I was going to hit didn't show up

Anyway, that is one sexy bike... the only thing was that I didn't like the dark windscreen that was on it though... are you going to get a new plate on the yoke with your name on it?

Just noticed in your profile that you were in the music business too... also you live just a few miles up La Cienega from me.

All joking aside, very nice to have you here!
Thanks O...The dark windscreen is going to find it's way into a nice plastic bag and the orig will go back on the bike (just picked it up) Yes, not too far from C City at all. I have been asking about a new yoke plate, seems I'm on my own...so off to the neighborhood jeweler. The plate comes out, so I will have the back engraved or new plate made, it's about the size of your little finger you know.

Thanks to you as well A01.

Last edited by DB Graves; 03-26-2006 at 01:46 AM.
post #6 of 17 (permalink) Old 03-26-2006, 03:34 AM
Thumbs up

Hi DB, welcome to mvagusta.net you lucky person. I love my F4 but Tambo's are just sooooo nice. Look forward to seeing some pics of the beast.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Keep one wheel down!

If you can't fix it with a hammer you've got an electrical problem!

No MV's in the garage anymore
but I pop in here from time to time
. Come to think of it I don't have a garage since the old one burnt down!
But...Ö..a new one is currently rising from the ashes......watch this space!
post #7 of 17 (permalink) Old 03-26-2006, 10:15 PM

Congrats on a very drool worthy bike Normally I don't like the tinted screen but on the Tambo, it looks not too bad at all.

Cheers
post #8 of 17 (permalink) Old 03-26-2006, 10:35 PM

Send a message via Yahoo to altoon
awesome machine!

about that smoked windscreen...
who makes it?
i think i'm going to change out the stock one - especially for track days. the optical distortion of the stock screen is so bad that it's like i'm trippin' on acid when i'm looking through it. not a big deal when i'm on the couch, but at a buck-fifty in a turn i've already got my hands full. i don't need visions!

alex
post #9 of 17 (permalink) Old 03-27-2006, 12:57 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by altoon
about that smoked windscreen...
who makes it?
i think i'm going to change out the stock one - especially for track days. the optical distortion of the stock screen is so bad that it's like i'm trippin' on acid when i'm looking through it. not a big deal when i'm on the couch, but at a buck-fifty in a turn i've already got my hands full. i don't need visions!

alex
Not sure Alex...the bike didn't come with any data on the screen. Try Pro Italia, as I'm pretty sure they installed it.
post #10 of 17 (permalink) Old 03-27-2006, 02:14 AM
Administrator

Send a message via Yahoo to alvin
Quote:
Originally Posted by mellottiracing
P.S.. well another member of our website owned that bike, that was dr.becks wonder why he sold it?
Was discussed in another thread. Ford gt

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode