Ewan McGregor - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 04-06-2007, 03:23 PM Thread Starter

Thumbs up Ewan McGregor

My favorite actor. Seems like a really cool guy and a real motorcycle enthusiast. Have you seen Faster? Ewan narrated it.

I just loved the show he did with his bud Charley Boorman--Long Way Round. They decided to go on a ride, and then it snowballed into a round-the-world trip on bikes and they turned into a six episode TV show. Both seem like really cool guys. The DVD and book are great by the way.

I heard he had an off and did a search for an article. Glad he seems to be okay. But then read about another trip they plan on doing, which should be interesting.

The reason I'm posting here is in the article you'll read, "The actor, who lives in St John's Wood, London, owns eight bikes, including his pride and joy, an MV Augusta."

I still remember the scene in Long Way Round when he leans down and just smells the MV while hugging the tank.

Ewan if you're out there, good luck on your next trip with Charley!

Reuters article:
http://www.sundaymail.co.uk/news/tm_...name_page.html

The daredevil Scot came off his high-powered bike while taking it for a spin near his London home.

McGregor, 35, has been hobbling around with a plaster cast but is hoping to recover fully for his planned motorbike trip from John O'Groats to Cape Town in South Africa this summer.

The trip follows his 18,000-mile round-the-world journey, The Long Way Round. The TV show and book based on the adventure became an international hit.

In an interview for Comic Relief, the Star Wars actor told Edinburgh's Fresh Air Radio DJ Tim Johns how he was hurt when he spilled off his bike.

He said: "I just had a freak traffic accident on my bike and had a little fall off, yeah.

"It hasn't put me off bikes at all.

"If you are going to ride bikes, you are going to have accidents from time to time. So it was unfortunate."

Last night, McGregor's mum Carol, from Crieff, Perthshire, said: "It's true. Ewan has had an accident on his motorbike and has broken his leg.

"The accident happened in London but that's all I can really tell you about it.

"Ewan is managing to hobble around on crutches perfectly well and he feels OK.

"I'm sure he will be fine for his motorbike trip in the summer and he is very much looking forward to it."

It is the second time McGregor has come off a motorbike. He escaped serious injury seven years ago when a 190mph superbike he was riding on loan, skidded on diesel near Inverness.

The star, who was wearing a full leather suit and crash helmet, suffered only cuts and bruises.

The 1100cc bike was a write-off and McGregor had to pay a £1000 excess.

McGregor once admitted taking a ride on the wild side - doing 135mph on a Scots highway, while fronting a road safety campaign.

McGregor, married with three children, was banned from riding his bike during the shooting of Star Wars in Australia because of concerns for his safety.

The actor, who lives in St John's Wood, London, owns eight bikes, including his pride and joy, an MV Augusta.

Although it is only 750cc, it can reach 160mph and has been the mount of champions including the late Mike Hailwood.

McGregor also told the radio station how he is looking forward to his next motorbike adventure with friend Charley Boorman.

He said: "We had a most incredible experience, me and Charley. Doing The Long Way Round, it was just great. We decided to use what we had learned on that one to do another.

"We are going to leave from John O'Groats in the north of Scotland to Cape Town in South Africa. We'll take about three months, I think."

SUNDAY

Jack
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 04-06-2007, 03:32 PM
Smile

Ewan is a top bloke Jack. I could do with one of those light sabres for cutting through traffic myself.
Attached Images

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Keep one wheel down!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

If you can't fix it with a hammer you've got an electrical problem!

No MV's in the garage anymore
but I pop in here from time to time
. Come to think of it I don't have a garage since the old one burnt down!
But...…..a new one is currently rising from the ashes......watch this space!

Last edited by john; 04-06-2007 at 03:37 PM.
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 04-06-2007, 03:37 PM

Only a 750?

Clowns!

Long Way Round was one of the better things ever put on TV, in my opinion. Right up there with Band of Brothers or something like that, although this was a real documentary.

'01 F4S
post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 04-06-2007, 04:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by acruhl
Only a 750?

Clowns!

JamesC

post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 04-06-2007, 11:29 PM
The Dude

You see him on the MV (or with it, rather) on the Long Way Round DVD/Series/download/whatever you've got.

In the book (which I really liked), it mentions that he owns an MV Agusta F4 in the 'about the author' section I think.

'06 MV Agusta Brutale 910 || '03 MV Agusta F4 750 - Moto Corse Challenge 2 || '05 Yamaha FJR1300A || '04 Honda CBR600RR || '96 Honda XR250 || '90 Honda CBR250RR (MC22) || '89 Honda VT250 Spada

Tokyo, Japan
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 04-06-2007, 11:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by "Ewan McGregor - Long Way Round"
"... Get me out of fucking London"
... says it all really ...

Last edited by DaDukeofOz; 04-06-2007 at 11:59 PM.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode