Velocity Stacks For F4's - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 15 (permalink) Old 03-21-2006, 10:20 AM Thread Starter
Established Member

Velocity Stacks For F4's

Are There Bigger Diameter Velocity Stacks Available For The F4's? I Was Able To Find Them For My Ducati 996s, They Are Slightly Shorter And The Diameter Is Bigger. If Anyone Knows, If You Could Let Me Know I Would Greatly Appreciate It. Thanks!!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 15 (permalink) Old 03-21-2006, 02:44 PM

Send a message via Yahoo to ddnuts
I would like to know the difference between taller and shorter V-stacks? Advantages/disadvantages.

Personality is what you show of yourself daily.

Character is what comes out under adversity. (Think about that)
post #3 of 15 (permalink) Old 03-21-2006, 07:01 PM
Established Member

Send a message via AIM to thecraw-r1f4 Send a message via Yahoo to thecraw-r1f4
Quote:
Originally Posted by ddnuts
I would like to know the difference between taller and shorter V-stacks? Advantages/disadvantages.
well supposedly you get better and more even air flow with aftermarket stacks. I have the Graves velocity stacks on my R1 and it helped give me a little more power in my mid range
post #4 of 15 (permalink) Old 03-22-2006, 12:33 AM
MV Cellist

Send a message via Yahoo to odonata Send a message via Skype™ to odonata
Quote:
well supposedly you get better and more even air flow with aftermarket stacks. I have the Graves velocity stacks on my R1 and it helped give me a little more power in my mid range
I also have V-stacks on my 03 R6, but they were made by FactoryPro. the performance improvement depend on the design of the stacks, mine are the 1st generation ones from FP, and they are the short design for all four pieces, which gave me about 4 HP over the OEM ones, but the power gain was in the 11,000-13,600 rpm range so only practical when pushing the bike hard. Graves also offer their version of the V stacks for the 03 R6, but introduced it a year later(2004). Their design is a bit different, they kept the 2 inner v stacks longer, supposely for better mid range power.

O D O N A T A

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #5 of 15 (permalink) Old 03-22-2006, 04:08 AM
Established Member

I have shorter stacks on my f4 1.000. They give a little advantage on high rpms, but they pay something in low-mid range. To work properly they need bigger exhaust pipes, a new timing setting and a new injection map.
post #6 of 15 (permalink) Old 03-22-2006, 07:56 AM Thread Starter
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by spr2003
I have shorter stacks on my f4 1.000. They give a little advantage on high rpms, but they pay something in low-mid range. To work properly they need bigger exhaust pipes, a new timing setting and a new injection map.
WHERE DID YOU GET THE SHORTER STACKS? I HAVE BEEN LOOKING FOR THEM BUT CAN'T SEEM TO FIND THEM ANYWHERE. PLEASE LET ME KNOW. THANKS!!!
post #7 of 15 (permalink) Old 03-22-2006, 08:24 AM
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jovanotti11
WHERE DID YOU GET THE SHORTER STACKS? I HAVE BEEN LOOKING FOR THEM BUT CAN'T SEEM TO FIND THEM ANYWHERE. PLEASE LET ME KNOW. THANKS!!!
I live in Italy, and i bought them from the technicians who took care of my engine. I knew them on tracks, cause they follow a few guys racing in superstock series, here in europe. I will ask them. Send me a private message with your email, so i can tell you strightly.
post #8 of 15 (permalink) Old 03-22-2006, 11:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by spr2003
How did the shorter stacks seal to the airbox? My preference would be to strengthen the mid on the 750 but my CFD skills are lacking and my imagination with our stock airbox arrangement is nil.

I think most American tracks and some of the OZ tracks I've seen on Pete's videos would benefit by midrange more than top end - like the EU circuits.

JamesC

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #9 of 15 (permalink) Old 03-22-2006, 11:28 AM
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesC
How did the shorter stacks seal to the airbox? My preference would be to strengthen the mid on the 750 but my CFD skills are lacking and my imagination with our stock airbox arrangement is nil.

I think most American tracks and some of the OZ tracks I've seen on Pete's videos would benefit by midrange more than top end - like the EU circuits.
They seal with black hard rubber gaskets, more or less like the original ones. The aluminium cones ends a bit lower (8/10 mm.) than the airbox surface. If you see the Tamburini intake system, when the cones are up, the stacks are very very short ones.
post #10 of 15 (permalink) Old 04-16-2006, 11:07 AM
Established Member

Found these on motocorse.jp, but there is no information

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode