Which one would you choose? - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 32 (permalink) Old 03-20-2006, 02:45 AM Thread Starter

Which one would you choose?

As some of you may know I've had a holding deposit on a secondhand F4 1000 for some months now waiting for some audio speakers to sell....well they're not sold yet but if the bank will give me the money I'm going to finance the purchase.

Now the thing is another MV has come up for sale and I'm not sure which one to go for...price for both is close enough not to be a concern and both bikes are supposedly flawless (except for the scuff on bike 1.)

Bike1. 05 F4 1000 1+1 with 1500kms on the clock, RG3's and a scuff on the front guard I'm told that happened when the forks bottomed out...I'm suspicious... this bike is in a different state so I cannot personally inspect it though I have asked someone if they might be able to go and check it out.

Bike2. 04 F4 1000 with 4300kms, RG3's and Marchesini rims...can't believe I forgot to ask if it's a 1+1 or not (as if it's not this may be a deal breaker for me) but I do like those rims and it's here in my state and I can take it for a test ride later this week.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 32 (permalink) Old 03-20-2006, 02:49 AM
Smile

Would it be possible to ask the owner of bike #1 to send you some detailled photos by email?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Keep one wheel down!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

If you can't fix it with a hammer you've got an electrical problem!

No MV's in the garage anymore
but I pop in here from time to time
. Come to think of it I don't have a garage since the old one burnt down!
But...Ö..a new one is currently rising from the ashes......watch this space!
post #3 of 32 (permalink) Old 03-20-2006, 03:04 AM
MV Cellist

Send a message via Yahoo to odonata Send a message via Skype™ to odonata
Sounds to me like you want a 1+1? do you plan to take a girl with you often? it must be a torture to sit on that little pad with 4 burning pipes under it

Personally I just can't imagine that I would ever own a sports bike with a pillion, if I was going to take a passenger, I would get a sport touring bike, but that's just me

I would take the bike 2 with the Marchesini. because I think it's a much better value. not to mention better performance and appearance(no scuff).

Question: is there such a thing as an "04 F4 1000"? although we were able to buy the 1000s in late 04, weren't they an official 05 model?

O D O N A T A

post #4 of 32 (permalink) Old 03-20-2006, 03:06 AM
Administrator

Send a message via Yahoo to alvin
I also like bike #2. Clean, and there are no risks involved. You can easily take a look and test ride it.

I don't know about it being 04, as odonata said. But who cares
post #5 of 32 (permalink) Old 03-20-2006, 03:09 AM Thread Starter

I just tried to upload some pics I have of the bike and scuff but they are files and wont upload for some reason.
post #6 of 32 (permalink) Old 03-20-2006, 03:16 AM
MV Cellist

buy it, buy it!!!

Watta ya waitn' for?!?!

O D O N A T A

post #7 of 32 (permalink) Old 03-20-2006, 03:22 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by odonata
Sounds to me like you want a 1+1? do you plan to take a girl with you often? it must be a torture to sit on that little pad with 4 burning pipes under it

Personally I just can't imagine that I would ever own a sports bike with a pillion, if I was going to take a passenger, I would get a sport touring bike, but that's just me

I would take the bike 2 with the Marchesini. because I think it's a much better value. not to mention better performance and appearance(no scuff).

Question: is there such a thing as an "04 F4 1000"? although we were able to buy the 1000s in late 04, weren't they an official 05 model?
I can't afford another bike unlesss I buy a cheap sports bike and cheaper tourer and f not for the wifes occasional ride I'd be happy to have a monoposto and this is my toy a small compensation for having an MV...maybe it's time to put my foot down
post #8 of 32 (permalink) Old 03-20-2006, 03:30 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by odonata
buy it, buy it!!!

Watta ya waitn' for?!?!

Just the bank giving me the money...How does that parody go...I owe I owe...I'm really spreading myself a bit thin without selling the speakers so threre is a chance the bank may knock me back...but if at first you don't succeed make more applications.
post #9 of 32 (permalink) Old 03-20-2006, 03:32 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by admin
I also like bike #2. Clean, and there are no risks involved. You can easily take a look and test ride it.

I don't know about it being 04, as odonata said. But who cares
I said that but he said, it's an 04.
post #10 of 32 (permalink) Old 03-20-2006, 03:39 AM
MV Cellist

Quote:
Just the bank giving me the money...How does that parody go...I owe I owe...I'm really spreading myself a bit thin without selling the speakers so threre is a chance the bank may knock me back...but if at first you don't succeed make more applications.
I know what that's like... I am selling my 94 Supra turbo to pay for a portion of the Senna. we also got extra kidneys, hell, there is always the sperm bank...

Quote:
I can't afford another bike unlesss I buy a cheap sports bike and cheaper tourer and f not for the wifes occasional ride I'd be happy to have a monoposto and this is my toy a small compensation for having an MV...maybe it's time to put my foot down
Does she know how to ride? maybe you can try to get her into riding and then ask her to buy her own bike...

O D O N A T A

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode