New Boots can make all the difference!!! - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 03-18-2007, 10:27 PM Thread Starter

New Boots can make all the difference!!!

Help appreciated here.....

I proudly headed out on the MV with my new Alpinestar boots last weekend only to find the both of us laid out flat on the concrete in a garage in the small town of Tallangatta. Thankfully, my leg took the weight of the fall & apart from a broken clutch, a mirror scratch & some tiny scratches to the fairings all was well. Obviously my new boots had failed to secure the side stand & over she went.

Reverting back to the old boots would have been the simple answer....unfortunately I gave them away the day before (a lesson to be learned here...keep your old gear just in case).

Any suggestions on adjusting existing stand so that it will not retract. I have tried to tighten sidestand bolt which does the trick for a month or so & then returns to normal...can only do this for so long before this will wear out & I'm up for a new stand.

Can my stand be replaced by a later model stand???
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 03-18-2007, 11:09 PM

post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 03-19-2007, 05:23 AM

Lulu, really sorry to hear about this and though I hear ya I have to say a good tradesman never blames his tools.

I once (many moons ago) drove off with my side stand up and the first corner I went through was a left hand sweeper (inside lane (with two lanes in the same direction)...that would be the other way around in the US) anyway as I leaned into the corner the stand didn't dig in but stopped me from leaning over and rapily forced me into the next lane; the driver in that lane seeing me coming across did what all good drivers do and sped up to block me out not allowing me the time to stand the bike up a bit a kick the stand up. Fortunately the front end of his car did this for me and despite some serious tank slap etc. we (my girlfriend was on the back) got away with out injury...

If they only made a stand that automatically retracted.
post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 03-19-2007, 07:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockethouse
Lulu, really sorry to hear about this and though I hear ya I have to say a good tradesman never blames his tools.

I once (many moons ago) drove off with my side stand up and the first corner I went through was a left hand sweeper (inside lane (with two lanes in the same direction)...that would be the other way around in the US) anyway as I leaned into the corner the stand didn't dig in but stopped me from leaning over and rapily forced me into the next lane; the driver in that lane seeing me coming across did what all good drivers do and sped up to block me out not allowing me the time to stand the bike up a bit a kick the stand up. Fortunately the front end of his car did this for me and despite some serious tank slap etc. we (my girlfriend was on the back) got away with out injury...

If they only made a stand that automatically retracted.
Rockethouse,what is it with OZZIE drivers,why do they speed up when you change lanes?! OK ,YOU indicate and then ,NO YOU CANT BE IN THIS LANE ITS MINE, ALL MINE...GRRRRR!

07 F41000R
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

09 Blazing orange Speedtriple
07 CBR 600RR trackbike

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 03-19-2007, 01:16 PM
Established Member

The guzzi had a automatic retracting stand. The problem was that people would sit on the bike pick it up hear a clunk wonder what it was so put it down again unfortunately now without a side stand that they were expecting. It happened often it was a pain. I notice the new guzzis do not have it any more.

Of course unless you short it out the MV should cut out if you put it in gear with the stand down.
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 03-19-2007, 06:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ozboy
Rockethouse,what is it with OZZIE drivers,why do they speed up when you change lanes?! OK ,YOU indicate and then ,NO YOU CANT BE IN THIS LANE ITS MINE, ALL MINE...GRRRRR!
Yeah it's ridiculous..and the crazy amount of road rage that now accompanies it.

I cover a lot of kms for work and the levels of stupidity, incompetence and irresponsibility I see on a daily basis is (particularly from a bike riders perspective) bloody frightening.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode