MV drops back-ordered warranty parts because of new year? - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 03-12-2007, 02:12 PM Thread Starter
Established Member

MV drops back-ordered warranty parts because of new year?

I've been waiting for a replacement front sprocket cover due to the speedo sensor issue:
http://www.mvagusta.net/forum/showthread.php?t=2696

I hadn't checked in with the dealer in a while, but I was ready to get my bike serviced so I called to verify that the cover had come in since the warranty claim was placed last November. The service guy said he was sure it was in by now, but would double-check.

He later emails me and says that all back-ordered warranty replacment parts had been dropped by MV over the beginning of the new calendar year, and they have to re-order parts for three different bikes including mine. Has anyone else had this happen before, or know if this is a policy?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 03-12-2007, 02:53 PM

Who is your dealer? If it's Moto Corsa I would take it with a grain of salt. Sounds ridiculous to me
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 03-13-2007, 01:08 PM Thread Starter
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 91Aztec
Who is your dealer? If it's Moto Corsa I would take it with a grain of salt. Sounds ridiculous to me
Yeah, it was MotoCorsa. It's only a cosmetic part so at least I can still ride it, or else I could have been more diligent about making sure it had come in, and they are being cool on working with me about switching it out. But I was curious if they were covering their own mistake or if MV does this to all dealers.
post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 03-13-2007, 03:58 PM

Why on earth would MV do that?

Sounds to me like the MotoCorsa system fucked up
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 03-14-2007, 02:58 PM Thread Starter
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rents
Why on earth would MV do that?

Sounds to me like the MotoCorsa system fucked up
That was my first reaction, I was hoping someone on here that is a dealer or knows a dealer would be able to confirm that this is an MV policy/practice, or if the dealer just messed up and is shifting the blame.

I have been happy with the rest of the service that I have gotten at MotoCorsa but this just didn't seem right. Although with the limited choice in dealerships, I may not have a choice considering the next closest dealership's reputation is much worse.
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 03-14-2007, 05:42 PM

I have actually started taking my MV's to Max RPM over in Bremerton because I just couldn't bring myself to ever give Moto Corsa another nickel or further waste my time. If your still under warranty you are kind of stuck though because Max RPM isn't an MV dealer but they have good mechanics. Buddy I ride with just picked up a 07 1000R and he is not looking forward to having to deal with them for the next couple of years.

Good luck and going off of some of the stories they have told us in the past I can almost guarantee they are feeding you a line.
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 03-14-2007, 05:58 PM Thread Starter
Established Member

Yeah, my bike is under warranty until July 2008 so that's why I made the drive down there. I shouldn't need to have it serviced by a shop until the next valve check, so it may or may not still be under warranty at that point. I've been told that even though Eastside Motosports in Bellevue stopped carrying MV, they still have experienced MV mechanics and will still service them, just no warranty work. So I'll probably take mine there after the warranty period is over, but I'll keep Max RPM in mind as an option.
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 03-14-2007, 06:01 PM

Sounds like BS to me.
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 04-03-2007, 02:12 PM Thread Starter
Established Member

So only 2.5 weeks later the sprocket cover showed up at my door from MotoCorsa. Even though it looks like they dropped the ball on ordering it, at least they were prompt in getting it after I complained, and they shipped it to me instead of making me go back there since it is a warranty replacement.
post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 04-03-2007, 02:36 PM

It's nice to see that they tried to make it right by you. Hopefully they are coming around.

Looks like it might get up into the 70's on Friday, enjoy the MV in the sun.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode