05' F4 1000S Special Ed. Blue/Silver or 910R - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 54 (permalink) Old 03-15-2006, 06:21 PM Thread Starter

05' F4 1000S Special Ed. Blue/Silver or 910R

Hello All,

My apologies that my first posting is such an intriguing question. I have watched the postings for a while now and I know I will get good feedback!

I have a 910R currently on order. Howerver the dealership has a brand new F4 1000 S Special Ed. Blue/Silver for sale, it comes with the factory seat as well as the Alcantra Seat and Pad. Including freight and setup he has offered to me at $19,500.00.

First question is this a good price? I have obsessed over the 910R so much that I am not super familiar with the 1000s. I also recently purchased a BMW R 1200ST from the same dealer for my touring needs.

Which one will have a better resale three years down the road?

Both are drop dead sexy, this is tough to pick. What would you do?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 54 (permalink) Old 03-15-2006, 06:34 PM

Is it new? If so then that's a steal. I would definitely go for that one.

2004 SPR 184/300
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 54 (permalink) Old 03-15-2006, 06:51 PM Thread Starter

Yes, its brand new. I thought it was a steal, the dealer said only 30 of the blue and silver came to the USA. Does this sound about right?
post #4 of 54 (permalink) Old 03-15-2006, 06:51 PM

F4 no question
post #5 of 54 (permalink) Old 03-15-2006, 07:53 PM
MV Cellist

Send a message via Yahoo to odonata Send a message via Skype™ to odonata
I don't think the silver & blue ones are "limited edition"... Certainly it's a standard color for 2006; the price of US$19,500., is it "out the door" price including tax and all fees? if it is, that for sure is a great price especially including freight + Alcantara seat...

FYI, my local dealer is asking the MSRP of 21,495. for their bl/sil 05 F41000S, plus tax and fees, no Alcantara seat, no freight, there were 2 of those when I was there the last time.

If you have the cash, you can certainly buy it, ride it until the 910R gets here and decide if you want to keep it, or which one you want to keep, if you don't want the F4, sell it before the end of the years for the price you paid for.

Its hard to say which will hold the value more, the only way to know for sure in reality is to put them both on the market... although the 910R isn't a 300 bike limited edition like the Ago, Tamburini or Senna it is still a nicer bike and a more special and rare bike than the standard 910.

If you don't want that F4 right now, I am sure there will be people here that will be very interested in the bargain... right, admin?

O D O N A T A

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #6 of 54 (permalink) Old 03-15-2006, 09:32 PM
Huge difference in riding position. It depends on the usage.
post #7 of 54 (permalink) Old 03-15-2006, 10:28 PM Thread Starter

Thank you everyone for your responses.

It is an out the door price, it is a 2005 model. He referred to it as a special edition, but not really sure. If its not a special edition would it make since that only 30 blue and silver iwere delivered to the US?

Good point on the riding position, I have never had a flat out sportsbike like this. Even with the 910R I know its not set up for the long haul which is why I purchased the R 1200 ST. \

How much was that seating option worth, anyone know?
post #8 of 54 (permalink) Old 03-15-2006, 11:04 PM

Sounds to me like it is a 2005 SP limited edition kit model. 300 Were available in total world wide.

Basically it started out as a Silver / Blue model and got the SP parts.

Does it look like this :

http://www.mvagustausa.com/web-mvagusta/F4-S_Viper.html

Notice the big MV logo on the side fairings...

The only thing that makes me doubt this is the prie they want to sell it for.

It's probably a normal 2005 Silver / Blue and they are yanking your crank about it being a "Special" limited model of 30.
post #9 of 54 (permalink) Old 03-15-2006, 11:04 PM
MV Cellist

Send a message via Yahoo to odonata Send a message via Skype™ to odonata
Quote:
It is an out the door price, it is a 2005 model. He referred to it as a special edition, but not really sure. If its not a special edition would it make since that only 30 blue and silver iwere delivered to the US?
I just don't know if the number is true... although 30 sounds very little, you will have to consider how many 2005 F4S 1000 total was imported, I can't imagine it's that many... Another thing is that quite a bit more people on this forum prefer the traditional red/silver scheme over the silver and blue as I remember from an old thread, I am not sure if that's an indication that people out there feel that way too... so only 30 blue imported because it is less popular? and for that reason your dealer is lowering the price? I am simply speculating.

Quote:
How much was that seating option worth, anyone know?
I don't have the answer but that depends on if it is a MV special part or an aftermarket item, there are dealers doing their own Alcantara seats too.

O D O N A T A

post #10 of 54 (permalink) Old 03-15-2006, 11:15 PM Thread Starter

If I knew how to insert a photo of the bike I would. It does not have the large MV graphic on the side. It does have the 37 wins logo, but I think all of these bikes have this.

Is 19,500 out the door still a good price for a normal 05?

I didn't see the poll on the color, but for myself, the blue is the only way to go. Both are incredible though.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode