Why I'm never dealing with Gold Coast Motorsports again - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 20 (permalink) Old 03-08-2007, 08:29 PM Thread Starter

Angry Why I'm never dealing with Gold Coast Motorsports again

Ok, so this is a long story, and I need to rant it to someone. Thanks for listening.

Last September I walked into Gold Coast Motorsports in New Hyde Park, NY, looking to buy an F4 750, because I can't afford a 1000 and because they're too fast anyway. For some reason, Avi, the sales manager, treated me like child (I was 23 at the time) and basically thought I wasn't serious. He told me to "get out of his store and stop wasting his time". So I left and bought my MV from Ducati of NY in Manhattan.

Fast Forward to last Friday. My bike needs a new chain, and I am going to do a 520 conversion at the same time. My bike is 2 miles from Gold Coast, so I thought I'de stop in to talk about getting the service done, as I didn't want to drive it far with the loose chain (see my other thread). Avi remembered me, but said there were no hard feelings.

So I ask them to price out the chain and sprockets, and I buy 4 quarts of Agip 4T and an oil filter from them on the spot. In passing, I mention I am going to order a rear stand and PCIII from Ferracci eventually, and Danny, the Parts Manager, says I should order through him because they can give me a discount if I buy a lot of stuff as a package, and I will save on shipping. So I tell him what I want and he says he'll call me later in the week with a quote, and that they'll do something "really special" for me.

When he finally calls me, he reads me the prices exactly off Ferracci's website. So I ask him about the supposed "really special" package and he ignores the question. So I call the service department and schedule a day to bring in the bike for the chain service. The guy downstairs acted like I was wasting his time and hung up on me 2 seconds after we agreed I would bring the bike in on Saturday. So I call Danny again in parts to ask him to order me the chain and sprockets we discussed. He tells me that they have decided to pass on the opportunity to service my bike because my standards are too high and they don't think they can please me. Now, I am 100% SHOCKED. This guy gave me a whole smoke and mirrors show about how he was my friend and was going to hook me up, and then he pulls this, trying to blame me for being unpleasable?

So I ask to speak to the manager to figure out WTF just hapenned, and Avi comes on the phone, the same guy who wouldn't sell me a bike in the first place. Avi gets all aggressive saying how they don't give discounts, ignoring the fact that his parts manager tried to entice my business with a discount, not that I was begging. "Are you willing to pay MSRP or not?" he asked multiple times.

Finally I decided to screw these guys. I'm going to replace the chain and sprockets myself. I'll learn and I can spend the labor cost on buying a rear stand.

Again, Thanks for listening.

Last edited by psperl; 03-08-2007 at 08:38 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 20 (permalink) Old 03-08-2007, 08:34 PM
Administrator

Send a message via Yahoo to alvin
Wow, thanks for sharing. Sounds like they lost a good customer from bad service. Truly unfortunate, their loss, not yours. I'm sure many people here can assist with any questions about the chain & sprocket!!
post #3 of 20 (permalink) Old 03-08-2007, 08:53 PM
Not very lucky..

First off, you did good IMHO by giving them a second chance at your business. Sometimes poop happens and you try to give people chances. Now that these other situations occurred, definitely never go back no matter what. Even if others have very positive experiences, they have shown that they will not do business specifically with you.

That is my opinion........
post #4 of 20 (permalink) Old 03-08-2007, 09:13 PM
The Dude

Wow.

I agree with Darkside, well done for giving them another chance, kinda sad they are dicking you over. Not even just one guy...but a couple.

'06 MV Agusta Brutale 910 || '03 MV Agusta F4 750 - Moto Corse Challenge 2 || '05 Yamaha FJR1300A || '04 Honda CBR600RR || '96 Honda XR250 || '90 Honda CBR250RR (MC22) || '89 Honda VT250 Spada

Tokyo, Japan
post #5 of 20 (permalink) Old 03-08-2007, 09:27 PM

If his story is accuate, screw them. I don't need to pay MSRP for bad service. Plenty of other people will take my money with a smile.
post #6 of 20 (permalink) Old 03-08-2007, 09:30 PM

Gold Coast Motorsports..... hard-ons!

CURRENT RIDE
'10 Ducati Streetfighter S

FORMER RIDES
'08 Ducati Hypermotard S
'06 MV Agusta Brutale 910 S
'01 Ducati 996
'05 Ducati Monster S4R
'04 Yamaha R1
'01 Yamaha R1
'99 Ducati 748
'99 Yamaha R6
'92 Honda CBR600 F2
post #7 of 20 (permalink) Old 03-08-2007, 10:00 PM

Didn't Avi used to work over at cycletherapy? [quite possibly the worst mcycle shop in the whole world, I kid you not] In my experience GC are real sheisters.... and I never go there for anything - actually most of the bike shops in NYC are total crap - NYC Ducati are an exception [at the moment] The only other shops I really like are out of the metropolitan area - Cliff's in Danbury CT, Rockwell are ok - invariably I know tons more about parts and the bikes than any of the employees, which makes me sad for the future of our sport.
post #8 of 20 (permalink) Old 03-08-2007, 10:23 PM
Established Member

Amazing how different people have different experiences.
I've been a customer there for a while and have nothing but praise for them. Twice I have stopped by there unannounced and mentioned some small issues with my 910, only to have them take the bike in the back and service it immediately.
I tortured Avi for months looking at the Brutale before I bought it and he was always pleasent & helpful, including test rides.
Based on my experience, I would recommend them.
post #9 of 20 (permalink) Old 03-08-2007, 10:26 PM

A$$høles!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #10 of 20 (permalink) Old 03-08-2007, 10:48 PM

I don't know these guys and haven't had any experience with their store. All I can say is "speed of the captain is the speed of the ship". If the General Manager gives you a rough time, I wouldn't expect better service from the staff.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode