MV F4 vs RSV4 vs 1199 - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 30 (permalink) Old 11-25-2013, 05:37 AM Thread Starter
Established Member

MV F4 vs RSV4 vs 1199

would like to get a comparison between these bikes from some one who has riden an MV and one of the others...

i have a 2010 F4, and am looking into different bikes atm... not sure i could sell my F4 as i do love it, even after it tryed to kill me. but i am seriously looking into geting a second bike..

I like the look of the new 1199, but have not had a chance to ride one... i'd like to get a real world comparison on the mid range power... from the reviews on the 1199 it sounds like it has a serious lack of mid range which i really dont like in bikes... but is this just compared to other ducati's which r known for mental midrange??

also the Aprilia RSV4... which to be honest is the way i'm leaning, no where near as good looking as the F4 but from all accounts is a great bike, but again have not had the chance to get on one

thoughts? ... unforunately in WA i havent really got a chance to ride all 3... and i really dont like the idea of buying a bike without riding it first or at least having a very good back ground
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 30 (permalink) Old 11-25-2013, 07:01 AM

New Site Garage
The rsv4 before the panni. And i think you will get the sane answer from alot of people here. Just ask mikef4uk. He knows alot mote about this

Sent from Motorcycle.com App
post #3 of 30 (permalink) Old 11-25-2013, 07:20 AM

I used to buy bikes without riding them. After trading my 2010 F4 for a Panigale, I won't make that mistake again.
The Panigale was plenty fast despite the horrible fueling. Doesn't have the insane mid grunt as the previous models. The seat is a disguised cinder block and the footpegs are absurdly slippery. Exhaust is extremely hot and the sound is offensive. The clutch needs to be bled often. Oil leaks are common. The riding position for me was torture.
I tried the Termi exhaust, Ducabike rear sets and the Ducati race seat, and while much improved, I still couldn't handle the riding position.
The brakes and handling of the Panigale are the best I've expirienced. I'd never been as confident tossing a bike into a corner as I was on the Pani.
I sold it after 2000 miles at a great loss.
A local dealer let me loose with a RSV4 for an hour. Great bike. I bought the Factory with a Austin Racing slip on. Fast bike, I'm very comfortable on it. Not as confident in corners as I was on the Pani. (both bikes out of the box) Perhaps when the Ape's suspension is set up, that will change. Sound of the Ape is awesome.
I loved the F4. Comfortable on it, plenty fast, great sound stock, better with Bodis slip on. Handled great (much improved with Dunlop Q2's), beautiful looks and trouble free.
Whatever you consider, hope you can take it on an extensive test ride.

Pants up, don't loot.
post #4 of 30 (permalink) Old 11-25-2013, 02:28 PM

Ditto to the above.
I would have loved to have tried the Aprilia with +2 on the rear sprocket as it felt a little lazy. I was surprised at the ergonomics of the Aprilia as well, very comfortable.
post #5 of 30 (permalink) Old 11-25-2013, 02:35 PM

I would get the Aprilia...or if you sell the F4 try the new F4 2014 F4RR.
post #6 of 30 (permalink) Old 11-25-2013, 03:28 PM

Have the pani and had the rsv4 r for a year.
Pani is a superb bike. Very fast, stable, nimble. Yes it leaks oil but cureable in my case. Sitting position crashes yr nuts at braking but again curable with a race seat. Lacks the grant of the 1198? Well yes but it revs so fast to the red line you wont feel a thing.if u change the rear sprocket to 41 teeth midrange power is awesome. I raced with a S1000r and the pani was up there.
Aprilia is a nice bike. For me it wasnt sth special. Not as fast as a pani not as light but again no problems at the race track either. For me a similar feeling with the v4 but revs to 14k whereas pani dies at 11200rpm. Comfortable and sound is very nice. Front suspension was crap.
I would get the pani as a 2nd bike. If u rode a duc before and didnt like it u ll hate the 1199. Try the vtwin if possible.

MV I dont know the new generation. With my F4 I had ups and downs. Great bike & very fast but also leaks oil every now and then and very hot like the pani. For track use I prefer the ducati. Plenty of rider aids and traction control is fantastic and so is the quickshifter.

Last edited by PP1098; 11-25-2013 at 03:46 PM.
post #7 of 30 (permalink) Old 11-25-2013, 04:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wnehme View Post
The rsv4 before the panni. And i think you will get the sane answer from alot of people here. Just ask mikef4uk. He knows alot mote about this

I'm on my second RSV4, I went: F41000S, F4 1000R, 08R1, 09R1, S1000RR and then the 2 RSV4's.

It fits me like a glove, the only thing I would knock is it's a little high seat wise if your newish to bikes (but there again all bike seats are high to me )
I feel it's more a 'balanced bike' than the S1000RR in that it all seems to work together very well, it's not as fast as a S1000RR or indeed Steves F41000RR but seems to devour the twisties better. It seems to be about 20 hp down on the S1000R but always turns quicker lap times

It's build quality and components are on par with MV, weak points are oil weeps from cam covers and Aprilia's parts supply, although it is getting better now they have a central European warehouse.

It is also a complete bitch to work on if you need to valve clearances, at the moment though it ticks all of my boxes

(This reply has not been checked for punctuation, grammar, or spelling mistakes and is devoid of any big long cleverwords or condescending manner)

MV's all gone now, still have a soft spot for MV's, waiting for MV to tick all my boxes again.
Previously (and about 40 others)748SP, S4, S4R, 98R1, 2000 F4, F41000S, F41000R, 08R1, 09R1, S1000RR, RSV4 Factory aPRC in Garage now
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by mikef4uk; 11-25-2013 at 04:30 PM.
post #8 of 30 (permalink) Old 11-25-2013, 04:51 PM

I've been thinking about a second bike for a long while now and it's between a F4 and RSV4.
Not easy to get a demo ride on a MV here but have tested the RSV4 a couple of times.
Much more comfortable ridding position than my 1098 and as above the seat feels high.
No midrange compared to the Duc and nothing under 4-5000 RPM.
The MV looks better but I might go the RSV4???????
post #9 of 30 (permalink) Old 11-25-2013, 04:59 PM

Graph of RSV4 v MV F4
Attached Images

(This reply has not been checked for punctuation, grammar, or spelling mistakes and is devoid of any big long cleverwords or condescending manner)

MV's all gone now, still have a soft spot for MV's, waiting for MV to tick all my boxes again.
Previously (and about 40 others)748SP, S4, S4R, 98R1, 2000 F4, F41000S, F41000R, 08R1, 09R1, S1000RR, RSV4 Factory aPRC in Garage now
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #10 of 30 (permalink) Old 11-25-2013, 05:34 PM

New Site Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikef4uk View Post
Graph of RSV4 v MV F4
Hey mike

Its funny seeing that all areas where the F4 spikes in the power or torque curve the aprillia dives down or vice cersa. Interseting dont you think?

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode