Photoblocker Spray - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 15 (permalink) Old 03-04-2007, 07:20 AM Thread Starter
King of the Sink

Photoblocker Spray

Now please don't get the idea that I'm someone who speeds everywhere like a hoon! However, there's a bit of a debate going on in another forum about the effectiveness of this stuff. The trouble is that no-one has tried it, so the statements are all really just opinions.

I was wondering whether anyone here has tried this stuff (you spray it on your number-plate and it supposedly stops your registration being recorded by road-side speed cameras). If you have, did/does it work? I'd like to take some informed opinions back to the other site.

When a passenger of the foot moves in sight, tootle the horn trumpet melodiously to him at first. If he still obstacles your passage, tootle him with vigor and express by word of mouth the warning, "Hi, hi."

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 15 (permalink) Old 03-04-2007, 07:35 AM

I think this is a typical no good TV-Shop product . If you still believe in it you should propobly have a friend of you testing it first.
post #3 of 15 (permalink) Old 03-04-2007, 07:40 AM Thread Starter
King of the Sink

Quote:
Originally Posted by William Blake
I think this is a typical no good TV-Shop product . If you still believe in it you should propobly have a friend of you testing it first.
LOL

When a passenger of the foot moves in sight, tootle the horn trumpet melodiously to him at first. If he still obstacles your passage, tootle him with vigor and express by word of mouth the warning, "Hi, hi."

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #4 of 15 (permalink) Old 03-04-2007, 08:06 AM

I've heard hairspray will do the trick also and I do believe it's illeagal and most likely for a reason...but as WB suggested I wouldn't trust it.

I am however tempted to go there myself now that the police are playing dirty with speed cameras in wheelie bins and fruit crates on our favorites twisties...after they lowered the speed limits as well.

There is also a product called veil that you can put on the front of your bike or car which makes it very difficult for the laser to get a lock on you but it apparently is difficult (not impossible) to get a nice shine on your paintwork with it.
post #5 of 15 (permalink) Old 03-04-2007, 04:32 PM
anothermvfanatic
hi svent
my mate here in melb tried a number of options on the plate thing, as he quite frankly is a hoon, with an animal of a bike, (tlr 1000r) and photoblocker did not work, the only one that works 100% was confiscated by police when we rode to phillip island last year. he was fined $500 on the spot when pulled over. It was a number plate cover that has some kind of glare on it, when photod it blurs, when you look at the plate on an angle you cant see the plate. As i said we or he was pulled over the cop saw it , and took it right off him, and gave him the fine. Harsh. Now the cheeky buggerof my mate, has a gas kit on his number plate cover. Which is very funny actually when he feels like letting the bike rip, he presses a button mounted next to his indicator lever, and it injects a gas like thing that fogs up the plate completly. If you want to know more about it, i can ask him where he got it. One of his other ventures was the hinge lever on the plate, which again when he felt like going hrd, he pulled a lever which he mounted under the seat, andit would lift the number plate up under the seat. Similart to a hinge on a door. When i think of all these little things he has done or concocted just to avoid a fine, it actually makes me laugh. Not that i condone this kind of behavioiur.
post #6 of 15 (permalink) Old 03-04-2007, 06:06 PM

I saw a demonstration by the roads authority of this stuff... the light from the flash on the camera reflects back and the number plate appears white in the photo. HOWEVER, the roads guys demonstrated that adjusting the contrast on the digital photo eliminated the glare and the number was clearly visible.

Of course you could argue they manipulated the image, but to do that you'd effectively have to admit that you unlawfully tried to obstruct your number plate!!!

Doc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sventekoz
Now please don't get the idea that I'm someone who speeds everywhere like a hoon! However, there's a bit of a debate going on in another forum about the effectiveness of this stuff. The trouble is that no-one has tried it, so the statements are all really just opinions.

I was wondering whether anyone here has tried this stuff (you spray it on your number-plate and it supposedly stops your registration being recorded by road-side speed cameras). If you have, did/does it work? I'd like to take some informed opinions back to the other site.

DocMV

- MV Agusta Brutale RR1090
- Ducati Diavel Carbon Red
- Ducati Monster 659

The only thing better than a fast Italian motorcycle is several fast italian motorcycles.
post #7 of 15 (permalink) Old 03-04-2007, 06:12 PM

Hey, as an anarchist I like you friend's approach.

After all, all is fair in love and war, is it not? And this is war.

Get him to do some "how to instructions" but don't post on the board.
We could circulate by email to list members......

Doc

Quote:
Originally Posted by anothermvfanatic
hi svent
my mate here in melb tried a number of options on the plate thing, as he quite frankly is a hoon, with an animal of a bike, (tlr 1000r) and photoblocker did not work, the only one that works 100% was confiscated by police when we rode to phillip island last year. he was fined $500 on the spot when pulled over. It was a number plate cover that has some kind of glare on it, when photod it blurs, when you look at the plate on an angle you cant see the plate. As i said we or he was pulled over the cop saw it , and took it right off him, and gave him the fine. Harsh. Now the cheeky buggerof my mate, has a gas kit on his number plate cover. Which is very funny actually when he feels like letting the bike rip, he presses a button mounted next to his indicator lever, and it injects a gas like thing that fogs up the plate completly. If you want to know more about it, i can ask him where he got it. One of his other ventures was the hinge lever on the plate, which again when he felt like going hrd, he pulled a lever which he mounted under the seat, andit would lift the number plate up under the seat. Similart to a hinge on a door. When i think of all these little things he has done or concocted just to avoid a fine, it actually makes me laugh. Not that i condone this kind of behavioiur.

DocMV

- MV Agusta Brutale RR1090
- Ducati Diavel Carbon Red
- Ducati Monster 659

The only thing better than a fast Italian motorcycle is several fast italian motorcycles.
post #8 of 15 (permalink) Old 03-04-2007, 07:04 PM Thread Starter
King of the Sink

Quote:
Originally Posted by anothermvfanatic
hi svent
I 'would' be interested in knowing more about that. The WA police are only slightly behind the SA police in terms of ignoring road safety for revenue raising...

post #9 of 15 (permalink) Old 03-04-2007, 09:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sventekoz
I 'would' be interested in knowing more about that. The WA police are only slightly behind the SA police in terms of ignoring road safety for revenue raising...
+1

07 F41000R

09 Blazing orange Speedtriple
07 CBR 600RR trackbike

post #10 of 15 (permalink) Old 03-04-2007, 10:04 PM
Established Member

+2!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode