Wanted Tamburini Pic - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 13 (permalink) Old 03-01-2007, 05:57 PM Thread Starter

Wanted Tamburini Pic

Ok, another request, does anyone have the high resolution side view picture of the Tamburini, which was used in this ad. Thanks alot.
Attached Images

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 (permalink) Old 03-01-2007, 06:49 PM

New Site Garage
Tambo...I believe that photo doesn't exist...Here is the closest I have ever found...

If you look very carefully at the valve stem positions, the light on the tires, and some key reflections, I believe this is the photo they started with...Just a theory. However, the bike in the ad has the actual tail-art (no color), the bike above has the pre-production tail-art, with the color highlights. The right side mirror in the ad has the 1000 logo, the production Tambo does not, so that doesn't match the production tail in the ad. Also, the exhaust appears to be slightly altered in hue.

Here it is in 1024 X 768...

http://www.mv1000ago.de/images/tamburini.jpg

Am I close?

Griff
twoeleven

Last edited by twoeleven; 03-01-2007 at 07:00 PM.
post #3 of 13 (permalink) Old 03-01-2007, 08:10 PM Thread Starter

Thank you very much Mr. 211, I was honestly expecting you to take a picture of yours Thanks, that will do.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #4 of 13 (permalink) Old 03-01-2007, 08:17 PM Thread Starter

Thumbs up

Your helpfulness has earned you a ride on my F4 Veltro Pista (When I get one) . I got a packet with the MV print ads, that had a side view pic of the Tamburini on the outside, so I was wondering why an MV Freak like me didn't find a wallpaper side view image on the net. Thanks again for your help.

Let me share a nice picture of a Mamba
Attached Images

post #5 of 13 (permalink) Old 03-02-2007, 09:04 AM

I can only imagine your room being filled with MV posters/prints on the wall Tamburini, am I right?
post #6 of 13 (permalink) Old 03-02-2007, 05:21 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by blade007
I can only imagine your room being filled with MV posters/prints on the wall Tamburini, am I right?
I only have one 34 3/4" X 25 5/8" poster, but . Great Idea . I'll paint the MV agusta logo on the wall . Just kidding.
Attached Images

post #7 of 13 (permalink) Old 03-05-2007, 03:00 PM
Established Member

Hope this helps!

"This journal is no advocate of furious driving, but there are times when rapid travelling is justifiable, necessary, and enjoyable."
Motorcycle magazine June 5, 1907
post #8 of 13 (permalink) Old 03-05-2007, 05:17 PM Thread Starter

Thank You, You are me hero... or not... maybe..Thanks anyways

post #9 of 13 (permalink) Old 03-06-2007, 12:32 AM

New Site Garage
Okay Tamburini test time...These two images below began as the same photograph of the pre-production Tambo, the Tail Art has been corrected for the one that ran in the ad, with the black background. Using both of these or either of these photographs, can you point out the glaring differences between these pre-production pics and the actual production model? I count at least 5, (or 4 more if you use the doctored shot from the ad)...And I gave another one away earlier in this post, if you have to go back and look...

I see five big changes...

1. Wrong tail art (Okay, so THAT was fixed on the Ad copy)
2. ?
3. ?
4. ?
5. ?

Maybe there are more, but a couple of them should be quite obvious...

Anyone got game?

Griff
twoeleven
post #10 of 13 (permalink) Old 03-06-2007, 06:00 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by twoeleven
Okay Tamburini test time...These two images below began as the same photograph of the pre-production Tambo, the Tail Art has been corrected for the one that ran in the ad, with the black background. Using both of these or either of these photographs, can you point out the glaring differences between these pre-production pics and the actual production model? I count at least 5, (or 4 more if you use the doctored shot from the ad)...And I gave another one away earlier in this post, if you have to go back and look...

I see five big changes...

1. Wrong tail art (Okay, so THAT was fixed on the Ad copy)
2. ?
3. ?
4. ?
5. ?

Maybe there are more, but a couple of them should be quite obvious...

Anyone got game?

Griff
twoeleven

Ok, I have some differences, but I don't know if they are just because of the picture or whatever else, you have it easy Mister, because you get to stare ate the real one all day, while I have to look at only pictures. If you lent me it for a week, I'm sure I could tell the differences. Ok, what I saw was

1. Tail Art
2. Has an Íhlins rear shock instead of the Sachs
3. Doesn't have the goldish RG3 tips that were on the Tamburini (Might just be the picture
4. The right mirror has 1000 written on it, whereas the production model only has weiting on its left
5. The rear subrame looks silver, whereas in real it has a subtle gold tint to it (It may also just be the picture)
6. U.S. Production model has UGLY reflectors
7. Windshields looks different than I remember (it seems to curve upward more so than I remember)

I did this without looking at your initial post, and then I went back to see if I missed something
Still looking for more differences

Last edited by d-_-b Tamburini d-_-b; 03-06-2007 at 06:07 PM.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode