bridgestone tires... - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 03-13-2006, 12:50 AM Thread Starter

Send a message via Yahoo to altoon
bridgestone tires...

looks like bridgestone has stepped up in motogp! top three bikes at the last test are on 'stones.

not sure what they've done different, but i for one sure as hell like their dot-race rubber too.

i think this will be the next set to go on the mv - i've got a set of 120/70's 180/55's in a bt-002 that i was going to put on my r6, but maybe they should go on the mv?

anyone else tried some bridgestones? what type? what did you think?

alex
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 03-13-2006, 03:28 AM

They have had good qualifiers for some time I recall. Were times set on qualifiers or race rubber?
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 03-13-2006, 08:33 AM

I don't think that Bridgestone's performance on the track would translate onto the road tyres for some time yet... but from what I understand, the road tyres aren't too hot.

Maybe Dunlop 208RR's or Pirelli Diablo Corsa's??
post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 03-13-2006, 10:53 AM Thread Starter

Send a message via Yahoo to altoon
Quote:
Originally Posted by chino
I don't think that Bridgestone's performance on the track would translate onto the road tyres for some time yet... but from what I understand, the road tyres aren't too hot.

Maybe Dunlop 208RR's or Pirelli Diablo Corsa's??
i don't see why not. but, who know's how long it takes for cost-is-not-an-issue motogp technology to filter down to cost-is-a-BIG-issue mass produced parts.

as for the performance, roadracing world did a big dot-race and high-perf street tire comparison. in the dot-race tire group (bridgestone, pirelli, dunlop, michelin) the bridgestones had the best lap times, by a pretty good margin too.

also, rrw does a good job with the testing. first off, it's blind. the keep the tire warmers on the bike right up until the last second. the rider has no idea what's on the hoops. also, they adjust the supension for the different tire diameters to get the bike back to a nominal geometry. it's a pretty good comparison.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode