Rossi sacks Burgess : What do you think ? - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 35 (permalink) Old 11-09-2013, 09:09 PM Thread Starter
JDS
King of Bling

Send a message via MSN to JDS
Question Rossi sacks Burgess : What do you think ?

Here is a quick write up about the reasons why Rossi sacked Burgess : http://www.cycleworld.com/2013/11/08...eremy-burgess/

But do you think he went about it the right way, considering his long time relationship with Burgess ?

EMAIL :
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 35 (permalink) Old 11-09-2013, 10:07 PM

New Site Garage
Pretty tricky situation to in, for both of them I think.
Glad Rossi came out with it the moment he made up his mind, and id not go hire someone lese behind JB's back first etc, I don't think either of them owe the other anything, I'm pretty sure it was a mutually successful relationship for both of them.

As usual the press will try and rip things apart, but I think this has something to do with Rossi's new Moto3 team as much as Rossi claiming that he wanted to try something different to catch the top 2 or 3 riders
Who knows, maybe JB has been getting a bit more relaxed or overwhelmed by all the electronics, and maybe Rossi is just a bit in denial about getting on in the years.

Either way, I wish them both the best, they have given us a lot of great moments on Sunday afternoons.

Dons Nel
Own - Two F4 1000R's 06 and 07.
PayPal :
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

eMial:

Mobile in Australia: 0438 385 776
Website with MV Manuals for Most models -
post #3 of 35 (permalink) Old 11-09-2013, 11:35 PM
Cyber SPOTTER

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donsy View Post
Pretty tricky situation to in, for both of them I think.
Glad Rossi came out with it the moment he made up his mind, and id not go hire someone lese behind JB's back first etc, I don't think either of them owe the other anything, I'm pretty sure it was a mutually successful relationship for both of them.

As usual the press will try and rip things apart, but I think this has something to do with Rossi's new Moto3 team as much as Rossi claiming that he wanted to try something different to catch the top 2 or 3 riders
Who knows, maybe JB has been getting a bit more relaxed or overwhelmed by all the electronics, and maybe Rossi is just a bit in denial about getting on in the years.

Either way, I wish them both the best, they have given us a lot of great moments on Sunday afternoons.
Agree completely - great analysis Donsy.

MVA - Maserati Vespa
Agusta
post #4 of 35 (permalink) Old 11-10-2013, 03:16 AM

Certainly think JB can walk away with his head held high. Not sure VR can, he knows this is his last roll, and is in denial as Donsy said.

No matter what bike Yamaha and a team put under VR he is not going to match JL99 or MM93, time has marched on.
jimboF4

Last edited by jimboF4; 11-10-2013 at 10:09 AM.
post #5 of 35 (permalink) Old 11-10-2013, 09:48 AM
Established Member

I heard that this was leaked in Italy early in the week,,, Rossi had to come out with it to avoid embarrassment by all sides. As they said in the commentary on TV today; it would have been easier for all concerned to simply to announce JB's retirement post the last race.

I don't understand why Vale can't hold his head up high. He is in the final years of a very successful top flight career and wants to be as competitive as he can, even if it is his the last few drum roll's.
Maybe he should just give up to let Cal in,,,or more likely another Spanish rider? I Don't think that top flight competitors think like that, as like it or not he has finished 4th this year. 2 places up from last year and 3 from the year before and is guaranteed quite few millions for running round the hamster wheel during 2014
post #6 of 35 (permalink) Old 11-10-2013, 10:33 AM

I'm being perfectly honest here:

When Lorenzo and his team appeared at Yamaha and Rossi put ''The Wall'' up in the pit garage?

This was to stop Lorenzo and team from stealing his set-up it, nothing was shared including computer downloads/data logging etc, yet it was always Rossi and Burgess who seemed off the pace and came up with a solution very late in the weekend, normally in the morning warm up.

I really did wonder at the time about this and whether it was Rossi's poor set up ability? or Burgess going the wrong way?

PS: Being very Brutally honest has Jerry been hiding behind very talented Racers in all his time? after all his last rider was Doohan

(This reply has not been checked for punctuation, grammar, or spelling mistakes and is devoid of any big long cleverwords or condescending manner)

MV's all gone now, still have a soft spot for MV's, waiting for MV to tick all my boxes again.
Previously (and about 40 others)748SP, S4, S4R, 98R1, 2000 F4, F41000S, F41000R, 08R1, 09R1, S1000RR, RSV4 Factory aPRC in Garage now

Last edited by mikef4uk; 11-10-2013 at 10:35 AM.
post #7 of 35 (permalink) Old 11-10-2013, 10:54 AM
Established Member

Between the pair of them they must have got it wrong a lot of times, e.g. recently at Motegi and the brakes cooking disaster. Although I guess they have got it right more often than wrong?

They surely must have a few personal frustrations, the Ducati years not helping much either. IMHO Vale is grasping at straws, I think that letting JB go at this late stage might be VR's final wrong wrong turn? But, he has to try and find the thing that gives him the edge and must have decided that JB doesn't anymore ?
post #8 of 35 (permalink) Old 11-10-2013, 11:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by frenaugo View Post
Between the pair of them they must have got it wrong a lot of times, e.g. recently at Motegi and the brakes cooking disaster. Although I guess they have got it right more often than wrong?

They surely must have a few personal frustrations, the Ducati years not helping much either. IMHO Vale is grasping at straws, I think that letting JB go at this late stage might be VR's final wrong wrong turn? But, he has to try and find the thing that gives him the edge and must have decided that JB doesn't anymore ?
Maybe it's an age thing with Rossi? I know as I get older my bike has to be spot on, when I was younger I just rode the things regardless of everything!

Sometimes (from experience) some of the drivers I worked with needed to be told ''No you don't want that, it won't help, you need to alter what you are doing''

A classic was in 'our' other half of the garage looking for more and more rear grip to stop corner exit O/steer, they chased it all day and got nowhere,
I told them to lose some front grip to balance the car, but the driver wasn't having any of that as he knew better.

''Just wait until he goes for a pee and notch the front anti roll bar up two positions and tell him you have adjusted the rear one'' (only way sometimes)

Driver finds half a second and comes in saying ''I knew that was the right way forward to concentrate on the rear'

Maybe Rossi needs that type of approach??

(This reply has not been checked for punctuation, grammar, or spelling mistakes and is devoid of any big long cleverwords or condescending manner)

MV's all gone now, still have a soft spot for MV's, waiting for MV to tick all my boxes again.
Previously (and about 40 others)748SP, S4, S4R, 98R1, 2000 F4, F41000S, F41000R, 08R1, 09R1, S1000RR, RSV4 Factory aPRC in Garage now

Last edited by mikef4uk; 11-10-2013 at 11:24 AM.
post #9 of 35 (permalink) Old 11-10-2013, 06:03 PM

I think Donsy's right..the press will 'sensationalise' it resulting in everybody taking sides and 'moralising' over the decision without being in full possession of all of the facts.
In the end I suspect Rossi feels he needs to try a different approach to try in the latter stages of his career to get on terms with the leading 'three'...and you can't blame him for that.
Time for a change of direction perhaps?.
Brian.
post #10 of 35 (permalink) Old 11-10-2013, 06:11 PM

New Site Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikef4uk View Post
Maybe it's an age thing with Rossi? I know as I get older my bike has to be spot on, when I was younger I just rode the things regardless of everything!

Sometimes (from experience) some of the drivers I worked with needed to be told ''No you don't want that, it won't help, you need to alter what you are doing''

A classic was in 'our' other half of the garage looking for more and more rear grip to stop corner exit O/steer, they chased it all day and got nowhere,
I told them to lose some front grip to balance the car, but the driver wasn't having any of that as he knew better.

''Just wait until he goes for a pee and notch the front anti roll bar up two positions and tell him you have adjusted the rear one'' (only way sometimes)

Driver finds half a second and comes in saying ''I knew that was the right way forward to concentrate on the rear'

Maybe Rossi needs that type of approach??
yeah I found I was the same. when I first started riding I really didn't notice how the bike was reacting under load and the suspension setup. I just rode the bike and pushed it as hard a s I could.

but now after a few years riding a few trackdays and after being on a bike setup on my weight and suspension I have noticed a considerable change in the bikes ability and Im more aware and now need the bike setup perfect for me

I guess now rossi is accepting he is coming to the end of his career and im guessing he wants to break agostinis record on number of wins. they had a great partnership 9 Championships says a lot nobody else has done that. with a relationship spanning so many years im sure there would be no hard feelings its just time for everyone to move on. I think people get comfortable and complaicent so a shake up is needed. Its never a good thing when people are let go but hey that's the nature of the beats with everything I suppose.

I hope whatever rossi does for next year works for him and his able to reach his goals.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode