312 R in the UK? - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 13 (permalink) Old 02-26-2007, 07:03 AM Thread Starter

Send a message via MSN to djt77
312 R in the UK?

Does anyone know when and if the 312 will be coming to the UK?

Anyone know why it isn't on the official MV website?

From what i can gather it has the same engine as the tamborinin?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 (permalink) Old 02-26-2007, 02:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by djt77
Does anyone know when and if the 312 will be coming to the UK?

Anyone know why it isn't on the official MV website?

From what i can gather it has the same engine as the tamborinin?
Is the engine of F4CC(1078 cc) not Tamburini.
post #3 of 13 (permalink) Old 02-26-2007, 05:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baylissrules
I don't think it's exactly either, but I'm pretty sure it's 998cc since they are using it for racing in SB.
post #4 of 13 (permalink) Old 02-26-2007, 06:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baylissrules
Yes the CC is 1078 and the new 312 has the Tambo engine
post #5 of 13 (permalink) Old 02-27-2007, 01:30 AM

As far as I know, the 312 is an R with engine improvements, but nothing else. They will get a few horse power for racing.
post #6 of 13 (permalink) Old 02-27-2007, 04:40 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockethouse
Yes the CC is 1078 and the new 312 has the Tambo engine
Not at all, the 312R engine is the 1000R engine with some evolution step. A friend of mine was at MV factory last week and took a lot of pictures of the new 312R and some closeup of engine as well (I have 161 pictures on my PC!). No variable intake on that engine, believe me.
I'm sorry but I cannot send pictures on forum because my friend took them for an article to be published on Italian magazine "Moto tecnica", an interview to Mr Andrea Goggi, responsible of MV Racing Dep.; my friend asked me not to show them until the magazine will be ready for sale since he cares for this job very much The only problem is that they cannot publish this interview and pictures before official Italian release of the new 312R scheduled by end of march (this is a MV request they had to subscribe). As soon as the magazine will be released I will post some of those pictures if you want.

By now I can just tell you that in MV no planning for a new F5 has been done and there are enough evolution steps ready to improve F4 until 2011 and that the 312R has already it's homologation for WSBK '08. Last but not least during final test the bike actually reached 313 Km/h but I suppose no one would like to call it like Donald Duck's car!
post #7 of 13 (permalink) Old 02-27-2007, 06:40 AM

Morgan,
The info relayed by your friend is info that we pretty much had already, which may well be the case. Maybe no variable intake (yet) but in a post by emoto they stated the 312 and Tambo share the same internals
http://mvagusta.net/forum/showthread...2511#post82511

and I had the opportunity to speak to the Aus distributor himself about it today and in his words they didn't have much info on it yet but this he did confirm the same internals...the only hard facts I have at this stage is that
they definately share the same inlet springs.

With two different and also credible sources claiming this you have to entertain there might be some thruth in there. You never know when dealing with a company what is truth and what might be spin

As I said I don't know, just like youself I was repeating what I was told...but the truth is out there...
post #8 of 13 (permalink) Old 02-27-2007, 06:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MorganChane
Not at all, the 312R engine is the 1000R engine with some evolution step. A friend of mine was at MV factory last week and took a lot of pictures of the new 312R and some closeup of engine as well (I have 161 pictures on my PC!). No variable intake on that engine, believe me.
I'm sorry but I cannot send pictures on forum because my friend took them for an article to be published on Italian magazine "Moto tecnica", an interview to Mr Andrea Goggi, responsible of MV Racing Dep.; my friend asked me not to show them until the magazine will be ready for sale since he cares for this job very much The only problem is that they cannot publish this interview and pictures before official Italian release of the new 312R scheduled by end of march (this is a MV request they had to subscribe). As soon as the magazine will be released I will post some of those pictures if you want.

By now I can just tell you that in MV no planning for a new F5 has been done and there are enough evolution steps ready to improve F4 until 2011 and that the 312R has already it's homologation for WSBK '08. Last but not least during final test the bike actually reached 313 Km/h but I suppose no one would like to call it like Donald Duck's car!
Great info, thanks

I guess a plain "old" R will suit me fine
post #9 of 13 (permalink) Old 02-27-2007, 07:48 AM

Please see below the specs:
> new Titanium inlet valves 30mm Diam.
> inlet springs same as the Tambu.
> new camshaft profile
> new Magneti Marelli 5.SM ECU with FlashEprom memory
> 183 hp @12400 rpm
> Euro 3
> 300Euros more for the 1+1 that the R 1+1
Same colors as the R

The above specs are the R312 specs but I can not tell you if some more internal parts are the same ones as the Tambu.
Keep in mind that all the 1000cc engines (veltro, R, 312, Tambu. etc...) have the same base engine: 1000S.
The C.C is different in the way that it has 1098cc.
post #10 of 13 (permalink) Old 02-27-2007, 08:03 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockethouse
Morgan,
With two different and also credible sources claiming this you have to entertain there might be some thruth in there. You never know when dealing with a company what is truth and what might be spin

As I said I don't know, just like youself I was repeating what I was told...but the truth is out there...
Yes, I'm repeating what I was told, but my source should be an interview to Andrea Goggi who's the one who actually made the 1000R and 1100CC engine... I hope he knows what is talking about, otherwise I suppose my friend didn't understand anything at all! (and it may be, and in this case I'll stop reading that magazine, of course!)

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode