advantages of 2003 F4 over 2001 - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 03-10-2006, 11:24 PM Thread Starter

advantages of 2003 F4 over 2001

Gang

What would be the primary advantage of a 2003 F4 750 over an earlier model. Cosmeticly the wheels seem to be the real difference in looks, what is the big change in technology between the years if any. I can make a the cosmestic changes to bring a 2001 to a 2003. ( the 2001 is local the 2003 is 2200 nautical miles away).

Tobago Bob
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 03-11-2006, 12:11 AM

The 2001 model I think had the breaks recalled on them and that is the first year it had two radiators compared to the one radiator of the 1998 - 2000 model year. I am not 100% sure about the break recall for that year because I never owned a 2001.

The 2003 had the EVO 3 engine in it compared to the 2001 giving it more horsepower. I think they have EVO III stickers on the tail section or at least my 2002 had an EVO II sticker that came in my manual. I think the 2003 your looking at got the clear coat over it and mine had to be put on after it got delivered to the dealer. I never have put mine on the tail section.

2001 MV Agusta F4S 750cc 126 hp
2003 MV Agusta F4S Evo 3 750cc 137 hp

A nice resource is from James at http://www.mvfaq.blogspot.com/

The wheels are of course silver now compared to the 2001 model but that is about it except for the engine as I described from 126 hp to 137 hp.

So the 2003 model gives you silver wheels and 11 more horsepower. I have to admit I didn't buy a 2003 or more recent model because I just don't care for the silver wheels. Call me old fashion but I like the looks of the black wheels better.

If you get the 2001 due to location you will love it no matter the power. They are all and I mean all MV's are great looking and performing bikes!!!

Last edited by rramseyr; 03-11-2006 at 12:13 AM.
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 03-11-2006, 12:38 AM Thread Starter

evo

Thanks for the info. One thing, Can the earlier engine be modified to evo 2 specs? Everybody's different, I like the silver wheels... But I looked at rramseyr's gallery and I must admit your bike is lovely.

Tobago Bob

Last edited by Tobago Bob; 03-11-2006 at 12:41 AM.
post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 03-11-2006, 05:43 AM
Smile

Check out the F4 or EvoIII thread in the F4 section Bob. I think it would be easier and probably cheaper to purchase an Evo rather than modify an early F4 to Evo spec. I'm not sure it would be possible to do so anyway. See JamesC's FAQ in the blogspot. That's another $50 for you style_one!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Keep one wheel down!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

If you can't fix it with a hammer you've got an electrical problem!

No MV's in the garage anymore
but I pop in here from time to time
. Come to think of it I don't have a garage since the old one burnt down!
But...…..a new one is currently rising from the ashes......watch this space!

Last edited by john; 03-11-2006 at 08:15 AM.
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 03-11-2006, 09:19 AM

The ergonomics might be different. I think they changed the angle of the clip-ons... it might have been the following year though, not sure!
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 03-13-2006, 11:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vlad Drac
The ergonomics might be different. I think they changed the angle of the clip-ons... it might have been the following year though, not sure!
Only the SR assembly is different but I think the clip-on angle is still the same. Otherwise identical for all years until the 1000.

Much easier to pick up a used 02+ longblock or maybe better yet, an HRT 860cc kit than a piecemeal upgrade to factory Senna/EVO2/3 specs IMO.

Look to German/Italian ebay for blocks.

JamesC

post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 03-13-2006, 11:06 AM

Actually,

Rereading the original post..there were changes from the senna on (so late '01 through to final 750's) but I wouldn't let that stop me from buying a nice local 2000/01 bike! Plenty fun. If you start outriding the 00/01 upgrade to the HRT (essentially factory 860cc upgrade) kit mentioned above.

JamesC

post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 03-14-2006, 11:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by john
That's another $50 for you style_one!
yep. these threads can get my tam/veltro/senna fund jumping quite a bit.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode