First Ride - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 03-10-2006, 06:32 PM Thread Starter

First Ride

I left the garage around 1 today with one mile on the bike pulled back in the garage around 4 with 155 miles The bike performed perfect,shifted so very smooth Hard to keep it under 6000 rpm. I cant wait to hit 300 miles then shift at 9000 rpm. I went with my 20 year old son his repsol is in storage so he rode my rv/harley ultra we swithed bikes after about 100 miles. I thought I got on a tractor heated seat was nice though. todays high was around 50
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 03-10-2006, 07:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tdc85
I left the garage around 1 today with one mile on the bike pulled back in the garage around 4 with 155 miles The bike performed perfect,shifted so very smooth Hard to keep it under 6000 rpm. I cant wait to hit 300 miles then shift at 9000 rpm. I went with my 20 year old son his repsol is in storage so he rode my rv/harley ultra we swithed bikes after about 100 miles. I thought I got on a tractor heated seat was nice though. todays high was around 50
Just wait until you have enough miles to open the right up. I'll never forget the first time I did, and the wheelie that was the result!
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 03-10-2006, 09:08 PM
Living the Dream

New Site Garage
I remember when mine was going through its break in period, it was almost like the bike was daring me to go faster than i knew i was supposed to. it begged for me to crank back on the grip and let it sing from underneith me. looking back now, the only thing i really remember from all the break in period waiting is the sound the bike made when i cranked it all the way up to the rev limiter, and ilke previous stated the rise of the front wheel from the ground!! i am not sure about anyone else, but that was one of the best sounds and experiances i have had in my short life. it is the reason that i am typing this post and love coming to this board every day, to talk about MV's!!

Get busy livin, or get busy dyin
Motorcycle Art!
You live more in 5 minutes on a bike like this, going
flat out, than most people live in a lifetime.
post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 03-10-2006, 10:01 PM

Yes I agree, my first wind up after the 1000kays were up was not really planned, was on a toll road, stopped to pay toll, and then you looks up, its like being on a deserted 3 lane wide track, there were no cars around and being a toll, not much chance of speed cameras.

As I said not planned, just rolled in on (and to be honest) just below limiter in the first 4 gears, and its a life changing experience, the noise from the RG3's and the intake howl, I thought the world had ended, man this bike is an animal, the speed that it winds up is surreal, its intoxicating I just wanted to stop and go and do it all over again!

And of course the MV hardly raised a sweat, so refined and dignified, balanced and in control.....

This is living!
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 03-11-2006, 05:46 AM
Smile

Lets see some pics tdc85!!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Keep one wheel down!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

If you can't fix it with a hammer you've got an electrical problem!

No MV's in the garage anymore
but I pop in here from time to time
. Come to think of it I don't have a garage since the old one burnt down!
But...…..a new one is currently rising from the ashes......watch this space!
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 03-11-2006, 07:15 AM Thread Starter

Sun

Quote:
Originally Posted by john
Lets see some pics tdc85!!
John,I'm waiting for sun. Yesterday was the first day with partial sun (went riding)I'm promise soon. I have had many requests and will deliver. I was thinking last night ,I should have snapped a shot of odometer with one mile. that would have been cool ten years from now.
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 03-11-2006, 07:45 AM

I was out riding yesterday too. Not too bad. The roads were dry for the most part.

Jack
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 03-11-2006, 07:55 AM
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by tdc85
John,I'm waiting for sun. Yesterday was the first day with partial sun (went riding)I'm promise soon. I have had many requests and will deliver. I was thinking last night ,I should have snapped a shot of odometer with one mile. that would have been cool ten years from now.

Me too Thomas. Mine has got about 280 miles on now. Just been out for a blast. I've been working nights this week. Midnight - 9am today. Came home slept till 11am woke up feeling crap so I decided to have a quick ride (on the bike that is!). Just got home and I'm feeling great now. what a machine! Trouble is it's a bas***d trying to keep to running in speeds. Take some pics anyway, I know it looks better if it's sunny but you can always take more later.

Keep one wheel down!

If you can't fix it with a hammer you've got an electrical problem!

No MV's in the garage anymore
but I pop in here from time to time
. Come to think of it I don't have a garage since the old one burnt down!
But...…..a new one is currently rising from the ashes......watch this space!
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 03-11-2006, 12:36 PM

Put another 100 miles on yesterday, took it 9K rpm --- WOW!!!
But now, rain, and even SNOW in the mountains where I just was
Can't wait to take it to redline!

It's going to be extremely difficult to keep the miles low before I can get in for service.

What a machine--I tell my wife (who thinks I'm weird), it feels like a part of me - I think it and the bike responds. Amazing.

Also, I took some pics yesterday, I'll try to post them later.
post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 03-11-2006, 01:12 PM

I'm really happy for you. You've made the good choice.

I like the way you fit you ID plate ...

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode