Painting an F4 - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 21 (permalink) Old 03-10-2006, 06:46 AM Thread Starter
Painting an F4

Hey all,

This is my first post and I realise that what I am about to suggest may sound like heresy to some of you, but bear with me.

Like all of us, I am totally captivated by the looks of the F4. However, the model that really floats my boat is the Tamburini. Back in the real world, I can't afford one... But I could just about stretch to a 2000 model F4 750.

If I had it painted to look like a Tamburini, would I destroy the resale value of the bike?

Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 21 (permalink) Old 03-10-2006, 06:51 AM
Administrator

Send a message via Yahoo to alvin
Welcome to mvagusta.net!!

I don't know about destroying resale but it probably would affect it...heavily

However, the main thing is, if you are going to go through the trouble of matching paint scheme on an F4s, why sell it after? It will be a great project, and a work of love. One that would be very hard to part with!

Do it, you won't regret it

Then of course you can start adding CF parts and paint those
post #3 of 21 (permalink) Old 03-10-2006, 07:00 AM

I wouldn't paint it like a Tamburini, that would look a bit too try-hard for some. Do something original... like for eg. there is a Black and Red thou with Red wheels on this site somewhere - looks great!
post #4 of 21 (permalink) Old 03-10-2006, 07:16 AM

Send a message via AIM to Matty
IMO i couldnt do it. The regular F4 is unique enough from every other bike out there. That would be like taking a Supra and putting ferrari bodywork and emblems all over it. I would keep it the way it is and save for a Tam.

Matty
post #5 of 21 (permalink) Old 03-10-2006, 08:09 AM Thread Starter
Hmmm, I guess I'll have to get some spare panels and get them painted, keeping the originals for if/when I sell.

I would never spend ŁTamburini on a bike... I admire and respect those who do, but not for me.

I have had a cursory look through the albums with no joy - if anyone could point me towards the Red/Black 1000 that would be much appreciated!

Thanks for the quick responses guys!
post #6 of 21 (permalink) Old 03-10-2006, 10:03 AM

when it's yours, then do what you want to with it. you paid for it. now if you care about what other people think, then you may want to consider rethinking your idea. it takes alot more than paint to make a tam. i don't know if you would care if some ninja 636 owner would be screaming that he outran a tamburini. hahah.

plus the tamburini is a mix of red/black/gold and exposed carbon. to do an exact replica it would be costly, but you could ask the replica king alkatraxx on that one. point being, if you are going to not go alllll the way then do something different that is all you. you'll probably end up being happiest with that one. i opted to acquire an entire set of fairings so i could go back to stock when i felt like it. so get photoshop and go at it!
post #7 of 21 (permalink) Old 03-10-2006, 10:30 AM
Smile

I think style_one sums it up nicely. It's your bike, do what you like with it. Whatever you do, there will be some that think it's good and others who don't. As long as you like it, that's what counts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Keep one wheel down!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

If you can't fix it with a hammer you've got an electrical problem!

No MV's in the garage anymore
but I pop in here from time to time
. Come to think of it I don't have a garage since the old one burnt down!
But...…..a new one is currently rising from the ashes......watch this space!
post #8 of 21 (permalink) Old 03-10-2006, 10:41 AM
MV Cellist

Send a message via Yahoo to odonata Send a message via Skype™ to odonata
daytona600, welcome!

F4 Tamburini's scheme is a beautiful design, especially stunning seeing it in person, Massimo & CRC wonuldn't put it on the "Tamburini" if it wasn't special... I think it would be a nice tribute to the great designer by doing it. I think it would look beautiful and I wouldn't be ashame of it, the Supra/Ferrari analogy is a bit extreme IMO, because it's a MV F4 750 after all... but if I were you, I would make sure that I use CF fairing and all decals except for the "1000"(750 instead... or not) so it's not a "medium rare" copy of the original, and find a top notch pro to do it for you.

I am pretty postitive that there are already pix of a Tamuburini replica in the gallery, please find it yourself(gotta go to work now)... the easiest way to tell is that the bike had the standard 5 spoke star wheel (in gold) in stead of the Marchesinis.

Quote:
I think style_one sums it up nicely. It's your bike, do what you like with it. Whatever you do, there will be some that think it's good and others who don't. As long as you like it, that's what counts.
Totally agree!!! resale value is a practical but merely academic issue, not relevant for the near future(assumption based on your interested in doing the replica).

O D O N A T A

Last edited by odonata; 03-10-2006 at 04:25 PM.
post #9 of 21 (permalink) Old 03-10-2006, 03:39 PM

Im a bit on chino's side on this one....whilst its yours and you can do with it what you desire, if you went the tribute to tamburini path, you will have to make sure its a craftsman level finish and fit.

A bit like any copy of the original, no matter it being furniture, clothing or cars, if its top class and a labour of love it will get yours and others admiration, not done well with even the smallest flaw, well you guessed it!

Remember you are trying to emmulate a genius and his blue ribbon offering!
post #10 of 21 (permalink) Old 03-10-2006, 03:51 PM

New Site Garage
If you like it that way, just do it. Get the job done properly though.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode