F3 800 Shoot out from the forums favourite motorbike publication. - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 76 (permalink) Old 10-24-2013, 02:57 AM Thread Starter
JDS
King of Bling

Send a message via MSN to JDS
F3 800 Shoot out from the forums favourite motorbike publication.

Interesting take on the new 800cc class...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q0ef4Lk92pA

EMAIL :
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 76 (permalink) Old 10-24-2013, 03:22 AM

MCN I've only been buying it every week for 30 years John absolutely great newspaper and the best selling one in U.K.

Guess its a no brainer that the GSXR walks away with it as it is definitely the best all-rounder, I have never liked GSXR's and never bought one but for street use, parts and reasonable reliability its fair to see why they are still on the market.

My choice without hesitation is the 848 EVO. that bike looks absolutely stunning, absolutely amazing and for road use it will keep up with the other two.

The F3, im afraid this bike is for people who have a lot of cash, as it constantly needs work. When you buy a bike new, you should never have to tamper with it as much as what you read from guys on the F3 forum, I would happily sit back with the 848 what an amazing looking bike

thanks for posting John.

post #3 of 76 (permalink) Old 10-24-2013, 03:31 AM Thread Starter
JDS
King of Bling

Wink

Roy

If you like the 848 Evo, then you better not watch this YouTube clip, unless you have a box of tissues handy...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C8ZYxLdR5bo

EMAIL :
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #4 of 76 (permalink) Old 10-24-2013, 03:49 AM

Thanks John, you may well have dropped my bank balance by 12k, Im off to Glasgow to have a closer look,

perfect time to buy, this time of year, pretty good weather too, still warm and dry roads

P.S. puppies due 17th Dec if you know of anyone lol.
post #5 of 76 (permalink) Old 10-24-2013, 07:25 AM Thread Starter
JDS
King of Bling

Roy

As a laugh, ask the guys at Glasgow Ducati if they have any second hand 1199 Superleggera's yet ?

Good luck with the pups.. Do you know how many pups the mum is carrying ?.. If you're lucky, this next litter might fund a big chunk off your next bike purchase...

Off now to give the gardens their last cut of the year ( I hope )..

EMAIL :
post #6 of 76 (permalink) Old 10-24-2013, 09:48 AM

New Site Garage
Rubbish paper, it's only the best selling one because it is the only one.

There's only two reasons the Suzuki came out top, 1. It's the chief editors long termer and 2. There wasn't a triumph or BMW in the running.

Interested in anything that Sucks, Bangs and Blows!
post #7 of 76 (permalink) Old 10-24-2013, 10:09 AM

+ 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ackers View Post
Rubbish paper, it's only the best selling one because it is the only one.

There's only two reasons the Suzuki came out top, 1. It's the chief editors long termer and 2. There wasn't a triumph or BMW in the running.
He's right you know!

jimboF4
post #8 of 76 (permalink) Old 10-24-2013, 12:52 PM Thread Starter
JDS
King of Bling

I got the impression that all the testers wanted the MV to come out tops, because of its drop dead good looks, and track performance.

If it wasn’t for this apparent throttle response issue, the MV would have come out top..

I don’t know why bike manufacturers have to follow the car/aero industry and insist on going down the fly by wire throttle route, if they haven’t managed to refine it enough.. What’s wrong with the good old fashioned cable method.

EMAIL :
post #9 of 76 (permalink) Old 10-24-2013, 01:06 PM

John have you tried a FBW throttle on the MV triples? Yes it's different, a bit odd at first but within ten minutes of riding it is not an issue, what does impress is the instantaneous response from the engine, the manic pick-up, the sound, and the fun factor which just overwhelms you.
Anyone who can get to an MV dealer just try one of these new generation bikes, I am old school, F4 since 2001, and I can tell you these new bikes are the future, and will only get better.
jimboF4
post #10 of 76 (permalink) Old 10-24-2013, 01:34 PM Thread Starter
JDS
King of Bling

No I haven't Jim.. The last MV I rode was at Ally Pally when the factory brought a load of bikes over on their European road show tour..

I rode one of the old school large capacity Brutales ( Don't tell Randy because he'll think I'm going weak) and was very, very impressed with it.

I've since turned down road tests from fellow MV owners and dealers, because " You Bin it, you own it"..

I'm waiting for the F3 800cc SPR to come out and then I might jump in and buy another MV..

Does anyone know if the Ducati 1198's have FBW ?.. I'm too lazy to go and check mine in the garage, but if they do, then you wouldn't know it when riding the bike...

EMAIL :

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode