Wanted: Photo of Red MV Special Parts Label on Carbon Parts - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-09-2006, 02:20 PM Thread Starter

Question Wanted: Photo of Red MV Special Parts Label on Carbon Parts

Can someone take me a decent photo of the MV Special Parts label that is inside the genuine Carbon Parts?

Cheers
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-09-2006, 02:40 PM

Will do today....is this in regards to the carbon bits on ebay with the photo of part and the MV decal? Its a scam....not original at all!
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-09-2006, 07:59 PM Thread Starter

Serious? That eBay guy was a scammer?

I just want to print a T-Shirt with that logo (enlarged). I have only 1 "Special Part" but theres a drill hole straight through the label

If you can email it to me it I'll be Maybe in the beautiful QLD sun so the flash doesn't reflect and screw the colour.
post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-10-2006, 02:21 AM

Yes a scam alright.... ebay picture showed the red MV original decal, but on closer exam was a photocopy, and when asked for proof of purchase....guess what....no more seller!

Heres 4 pic...if not what you want..let me know, I reckon a tee shirt with this on woould look great, black te with red decal....I'll await the end result!
Attached Images

post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-10-2006, 12:52 PM Thread Starter

OK, sounds like you worked it out and didn't get scammed. Don't think I would have been as wise.

Thanks for the pictures. Can you email me the original size for the first one.

I'm gonna do red over black, but considering red over brown. The transfers they sell at Office Works tend to crack after a number of washes, and for a retro look this adds to the effect. If you email me your T size with the photo I'll see what I can do.
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-10-2006, 05:11 PM

Have sent to your email, just for the record, these guys had a few items on sale, all supposedly MV original stuff, each photo was accompanied with a photo of the red sticker, a closer look showed same sticker photo used for all the items, no real problem there I suppose, could have been saving time...but thats what prompted me to look further and then saw not the real decal.....too small and not right red.... and also the price they went for, a quarter of retail, now I know MV stuff is expensive and all....

Buyer beware!!
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-10-2006, 07:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by agusta01
Have sent to your email, just for the record, these guys had a few items on sale, all supposedly MV original stuff, each photo was accompanied with a photo of the red sticker, a closer look showed same sticker photo used for all the items, no real problem there I suppose, could have been saving time...but thats what prompted me to look further and then saw not the real decal.....too small and not right red.... and also the price they went for, a quarter of retail, now I know MV stuff is expensive and all....

Buyer beware!!

Were those the scammers selling "Authentic Carbon Air Tubes" for $750 - $1000 US ?

http://cgi.ebay.com/MV-AGUSTA-F4-750...QQcmdZViewItem

Total Scam. You can see the red label is affixed to the part wrong at the edges.

Last edited by awiner; 03-10-2006 at 07:43 PM.
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-10-2006, 08:24 PM

Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by agusta01
Yes a scam alright.... ebay picture showed the red MV original decal, but on closer exam was a photocopy, and when asked for proof of purchase....guess what....no more seller!

Heres 4 pic...if not what you want..let me know, I reckon a tee shirt with this on woould look great, black te with red decal....I'll await the end result!
FWIW you should put some text over the top of the images you posted here. Otherwise you could be giving scammers amunition to use in future e-bay listing.

Jack
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-10-2006, 09:53 PM

Yep, thats the one, and good point on the text over photo, I guess they had to get the copy from somewhere.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode