MV 1000F4 vs zx14R - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 10-15-2013, 10:27 AM Thread Starter

MV 1000F4 vs zx14R

I own a really wonderful bike ninja 1990 zx10 since new. A few light mods made it lightening fast and I keep up with most modern bikes. Has always been super reliable despite very spirited drives. After 23 years and 50K miles, the bike still goes like hell with no issues.

However, it is time to look ahead before I cant ride hypersports bike anymore. My choice: a recent 1000F4 for its sheer beauty and speed (I'd love the old corsa too!) or new Zx14R because the Japs really make impressive bikes, especially kawasaki.
I dont have the opportunity to do a test drive of both. They are special bikes and not that easy to just ask for a test drive. So I was wondering what you guys think in comparing thoses 2 bikes.

The zx is a monster if you just remove the crap speed and rev limiter. It also has some nifty techno trick to make the ride more comfortable and to handle the power in a more manageable way. Price is better. BUT it is darn heavy!
The F4 on the other hand has as many Hps (both are about 200) but is 100lbs lighter (about my zx10 weight). I am sure the F4 would win on the track but I dont really care about tracking it as I am using the bike on the road.

I hope this wont degenerate into an italian vs rice rockets. I would really get factual feedback from those who know both bikes.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 10-15-2013, 10:55 AM

New Site Garage
I had an '06 ZX14R and have had two F4s

The ZX is an incredible bike (I wouldn't mind getting another one). Mine had a few little add-ons and brought me over the 200 MPH mark. It actually handled very well. All you need to do is put a 190/55 on the back and set-up the suspension correctly. It's still rhino, though. No getting away from that. I traded-up to an '08 ZX-10 because I was planning track days. The ZX is very comfortable, very smooth, best mirrors on a motorcycle ever, and has plenty of grunt.

The F4 is a completely different animal. It's uncomfortable, wants to burn your leg off, has a very rough ride if you want it to handle well, is still kinda heavy, and is pricey. However, it's the most amazing bike you'll ever own (in my opinion). These bikes feel like they have individual personalities. The sound from the induction box and exhaust in unparalleled. They are gorgeous from every angle. You'll enjoy looking at it as much as you do riding it.

It's a tough choice (or an easy one). Best of luck!

If everyone is thinking alike, then somebody isn't thinking. - George S. Patton
2008 MV F4 312R -- Luna (SOLD)
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2016 MV Turismo Veloce 800 -- Sol (SOLD)
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 10-15-2013, 11:36 AM

New Site Garage
You can't compare the two, it's like a GSXR 1000 vs ZX14, different category all together.
Go find out more about the various MV models on the market at the moment, before you pick.

Dons Nel
Own - Two F4 1000R's 06 and 07.
PayPal :
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

eMial:

Mobile in Australia: 0438 385 776
Website with MV Manuals for Most models -
post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 10-16-2013, 07:07 AM

New Site Garage
Send a message via Skype™ to Ian SAVS
In my opinion the ZX 1400 is the only bike that can compare to the looks of the S 1000RR. You may have a biased opinion on this form obviously, but the MV is so much prettier, the Japanese seemed like they were trying to imitate something out of an anime film when they created the 1400.

What we've got here, is failure to communicate.
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 10-18-2013, 10:37 PM
Formerly WYD OPN

They're incomparable, and your ZX-10 weighs much closer to the ZX-14R (~581#) than the F4 (~479#) with nowhere near the hp of either.

I own multiples of each, and they couldn't be more different. The new Kawi R is possibly the best all-around bike on the market. Smooth, gawd-awful fast; and it has traction control, "wheelie" control, and abs.

The F4 has the most committed riding ergonomics of all the superbikes. Low clip-ons, high rearsets, and tall seat height. It's a rack. But it all works perfectly for equally committed riding, whether on street or track.

I'd always have to have both. I can't choose since they're for totally different purposes. I'd think you would have a better idea what your riding purposes are, and that would make the choice for you.

Your ZX-10 was factory-rated at 137hp (crank). That's over 60hp down on either the F4 or ZX-14R. Either will devour your old Kawi.

post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 10-19-2013, 04:09 AM
Cyber SPOTTER

Smile Live & Let Live

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian SAVS View Post
In my opinion the ZX 1400 is the only bike that can compare to the looks of the S 1000RR. You may have a biased opinion on this form obviously, but the MV is so much prettier, the Japanese seemed like they were trying to imitate something out of an anime film when they created the 1400.
Geez Ian, what do mean by 'obviously'? I am shocked at that assertion, and take umbrage especially when you have members such yourself truly, who could be a poster child of open mindness & tolerance when it comes to motorcycles

MVA - Maserati Vespa
Agusta
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 10-19-2013, 07:06 AM
Established Member

Yeah....right....Good one Rob.

2012 MV Agusta F3 EAS with many bits

2012 Victory Jackpot with lots of bits

2012 Honda VFR800 with Staintunes and factory luggage (red with gold wheels of course) and bits
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 10-19-2013, 08:28 AM

New Site Garage
Send a message via Skype™ to Ian SAVS
Quote:
Originally Posted by MVista View Post
Geez Ian, what do mean by 'obviously'? I am shocked at that assertion, and take umbrage especially when you have members such yourself truly, who could be a poster child of open mindness & tolerance when it comes to motorcycles
What can I say Rob, it's gotten into me like a virus. I think it's in my blood now and you're probably one of the main carriers, thanks for the infection!
My future stable has gone from MV Honda Ducati Aprillia to MV MV MV MV.
I had planned for my next bike to be a Ducati, but now I believe it's going to be a 750 F4 for a track bike. After that the F 300 800 is looking pretty good.

What we've got here, is failure to communicate.
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 10-19-2013, 09:46 AM

Countach When people ask me what motorcycle is best/better between 2 brands & Models , the immediate answer is always the same. Whatever bike YOU preffer is the best bike in the entire world , be it Scooter or Superbike . That being said I have had both the Kawasaki ZX14R and the F4 1000R. These 2 motorcycles are different animals to be sure. The ZX14R is a big comfortable Sport touring machine and the MV AGUSTA F4 1000R is a true Superbike which is most at home when lapping your local venue for track days or carving through twisty back roads. I liked my Kawasaki ZX14R but sold it and bought A Triumph Sprint 1050 ST (which I LOVE) AND a Immaculate 1995 Kawasaki GPZ 1100R. The 1995Kawasaki GPZ 1100 is a Little known Liquid cooled Inline 4 Sport touring bike that is VERY similar in Comfort, Handling and Power delivery to the ZX14R . It had 4000 miles and cost only 2500$ Moral of this story is sometimes if you keep an eye out for good deals on Craigslist , you can have your cake and eat it too.
post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 10-20-2013, 08:10 PM
Cyber SPOTTER

Quote:
Originally Posted by F3eedom View Post

Yeah....right....Good one Rob.
Shhh YOU!

You didn't have any MVs before you met me and look at you now!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian SAVS View Post
What can I say Rob, it's gotten into me like a virus. I think it's in my blood now and you're probably one of the main carriers, thanks for the infection!

My future stable has gone from MV Honda Ducati Aprillia to MV MV MV MV.

I had planned for my next bike to be a Ducati, but now I believe it's going to be a 750 F4 for a track bike. After that the F 300 800 is looking pretty good.
Hi Ian, I am 'MV' positive no worries about that & we don't have a law here that says you have disclose it so I can freely move within the community infecting others without fear of recourse.

I have refused and continue to refuse all treatment, treatments suggested include 'riding a Ducati', touching a Japanese bike - it is painfully obvious that the treatment is far worse than the disease - I choose to remain sick.

The downside is that you need more and more MVs to retain your health at happy levels. So what was the downside again

Welcome aboard Ian

MVA - Maserati Vespa
Agusta

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode