MV Agusta Corse fraud fake!! Help please! - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 89 (permalink) Old 02-07-2007, 09:18 AM Thread Starter

MV Agusta Corse fraud fake!! Help please!

I ordered a 2007 MV Agusta Corse (300 worldwide) from Dolomiti Racing in Conegliano (IT) back in August. I am an American living in Italy so I ordered a US spec bike. It finally arrived in December. When I picked it up, it was missing the leather red seats, cover, alarm, plaque, and certificate. The dealer assured me that the rest would arrive in one week. Well, several weeks went by and I called him numerous times and went to the shop, but it was the same old story and nothing ended up coming in. I thought something was funny when the tank was leaking fuel from the weld on the tank and Dolomiti Racing replaced the tank in only a few days. I didn't understand how they could get a new tank so quick. After all these problems, I decided to visit San Marino and ask them for myself. I spoke with Maria Pia and Andrea Tamburini and they verified that the Corse was not purchased through them and that my Corse was not an authentic kit. Tamburini called my dealer directly and the dealer got nervous and blamed everything on the factory in Varese. I then called Varese and spoke with Danielle and Dr. Bianchi and they both verified that Dolomiti Racing only ordered the 1000R model and they have no idea where he got the Corse fairings (kit) from.

After presenting this information to the dealer, he was very nervous and ended up calling MV Agusta Corse in San Marino and ordered the real kit. The problem is that the kit will take a few weeks to make and I leave here at the end of this month. This dealer has not been honest and he definitely try to scam me on this whole deal. I don't think he ever thought that I would go to the factory to verify if the bike was real or not.

WHAT SHOULD I DO???????
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 89 (permalink) Old 02-07-2007, 09:39 AM

sounds strange...

any pics of this mysterious bike.... ?!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 89 (permalink) Old 02-07-2007, 09:49 AM
Established Member

You have a responsibility to yourself, Mv Agusta Corse and us, to report this fraud to the police. Take back to bike to the shop, and say that this is not the product you ordered and paid for, that you expect a real Corse to be delivered to your address in US, with all cost paid, and a compensation in return, for your emotional stress.

Seek legal support in order to draft the paperwork, those punks should sign.

I am flabbergasted, and expect you to keep us in the loop!

Johnnie

Quote:
Originally Posted by toves33
I ordered a 2007 MV Agusta Corse (300 worldwide) from Dolomiti Racing in Conegliano (IT) back in August. I am an American living in Italy so I ordered a US spec bike. It finally arrived in December. When I picked it up, it was missing the leather red seats, cover, alarm, plaque, and certificate. The dealer assured me that the rest would arrive in one week. Well, several weeks went by and I called him numerous times and went to the shop, but it was the same old story and nothing ended up coming in. I thought something was funny when the tank was leaking fuel from the weld on the tank and Dolomiti Racing replaced the tank in only a few days. I didn't understand how they could get a new tank so quick. After all these problems, I decided to visit San Marino and ask them for myself. I spoke with Maria Pia and Andrea Tamburini and they verified that the Corse was not purchased through them and that my Corse was not an authentic kit. Tamburini called my dealer directly and the dealer got nervous and blamed everything on the factory in Varese. I then called Varese and spoke with Danielle and Dr. Bianchi and they both verified that Dolomiti Racing only ordered the 1000R model and they have no idea where he got the Corse fairings (kit) from.

After presenting this information to the dealer, he was very nervous and ended up calling MV Agusta Corse in San Marino and ordered the real kit. The problem is that the kit will take a few weeks to make and I leave here at the end of this month. This dealer has not been honest and he definitely try to scam me on this whole deal. I don't think he ever thought that I would go to the factory to verify if the bike was real or not.

WHAT SHOULD I DO???????

Last edited by Johnnie; 02-07-2007 at 10:02 AM.
post #4 of 89 (permalink) Old 02-07-2007, 09:55 AM

I would use your contact at the factory to pressure the dealer if he does not perform.

Can they source the bodywork kit already produced from somewhere else? No one has one sitting on a shelf somewhere?

One scenario is once you get in the states, take your bike to a different dealer to have the real kit installed and they could ship your bodywork back to the original dealer.

Jack
post #5 of 89 (permalink) Old 02-07-2007, 10:23 AM

I would personally return the bike to that dealer and demand a full refund. I wouldn't want to re-order anything from them, not even if they gave it to me way below dealer cost. Maybe the legal system should have a crack at them!!!
post #6 of 89 (permalink) Old 02-07-2007, 10:23 AM

It sounds like the guy is scum and you best not give him another chance to screw you or any body within ear shot of you.
post #7 of 89 (permalink) Old 02-07-2007, 10:56 AM Thread Starter

Pictures of the Corse are in my profile. As you will see, it looks like the real thing. I have already spoken to a lawyer, but he says to resolve the problem civil without the law first. I was going to dmand that they pay for shipping of the motorcycle back to the states if it is not complete in time. Regardless, I was thinking about going to the Guardia di Finanza and the Carabinieri to file reports and then seek support from a lawyer. My time is getting short here and I need to act quickly regardless. I would hate to return the bike because I have always dreamed of owning an MV Agusta, but they are way more expensive in the states.
post #8 of 89 (permalink) Old 02-07-2007, 11:19 AM

Gooood luck, I hope You get this problem solved quick & nice way, and then you can start to enjoy of your new baby with full power!!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #9 of 89 (permalink) Old 02-07-2007, 11:21 AM

Juan, sorry to hear that this is how it turned out. If possible, I would just give everything back to the dealer and tell him you want a full refund and a "fee" for the trouble he's caused you (...in exchange for not bringing the authorities in on it). I hope you get your REAL Corse someday soon. All the best.

post #10 of 89 (permalink) Old 02-07-2007, 11:21 AM

Send a message via Yahoo to altoon
since you are short of time, here's my suggstions:

1. have the shop that tried to screw you return the bike BACK to 100% stock form, with all 100% certified original MV parts. they should be able to do that in a very short time. once u get the bike back, maybe take it to another dealer to have them do a quick inspection to make sure everything is OK and original. you just can't trust the people that did the work the first time and need this verificaiton, imho

2. contact varese, and tell MV people EXACTLY what one of the dealers in their dealer network is doing to customers, not to mention how this dealer is also totally screwing MV itself. as bad as this is for you the consumer, it's even worse for MV!

3. ask the factory for assisstance is getting the corse kit and have it shipped to a USA dealership closest to the point you will end up when you get stateside. contact that dealership and tell them what is going on - that they will be receiving a corse kit for your bike, which they need to hold onto until you get over here and have it put on.

3b. if you can get a corse kit in italy, just have another dealer put it on for you. again, i would suggest you work with MV in varese to find a dealer they recommend.

4. ship your bike to the usa!

in terms of damages and getting monetary compenstion from the dealer that started all this, unless you have the time and the gumption to navigate a foreign leagal system, which may not have the consumer protection laws that the US has, you're probably best off just getting your bike back to 100% factory form, and getting as far away from those bad guys as possible. and of course tell MV excatly what these guys did.

that's my suggestion. i hope something in there helps!

please keep us posted on how this turns out! and don't get discouraged. while this dealer may have tried to fcuk you, that in no way reflects on the bike itself, which is a pleasure to ride beyonds words.

alex

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode