My day in court: CHP vs. Twoeleven - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 23 (permalink) Old 02-06-2007, 10:38 PM Thread Starter

New Site Garage
Cool My day in court: CHP vs. Twoeleven

Today was my big day in court...If you remember, I had been ticketed for "Travelling more than 200 feet in a shared left-hand turn lane", that is the dash-lined center lane in a city road, used to escape traffic while preparing to turn left...Here is the entire thread, with LOTS of good advice on how to approach contesting a ticket.

Busted by the CHP

Although I didn't go this route, IMO the best possible scenario was offered up by Archille, http://www.ticketassassin.com/ I will try his approach next time(?), knocking on wood.

Anyway, the officer used the wrong vehicle code (ALWAYS lookup the entire code, and understand it!), and the 200 feet seemed to me to be a tough judgement call, so I gave it a go. I stayed up late last night, calculated that at an average speed (from 45 to 0 mph) of 22.5 MPH, I could drive in that lane for about 6 seconds (33 feet/second), and I had this planned into my defense. I also used Google maps/Satelite to depict the scene, and printed up copies of my stills of the crimescene to depict officer POV, etc.

I was as prepared as the OJ defense team, and I marched in there this morning to clear my honest name...I was the third name called, and I think the Honorable Mrs. Judge was a little sweet on me...

Judge: "Mr. Twoeleven?"
211: "What is it sweet-cheeks?"
Judge: "Mr. Twoeleven, the ticketing officer in your case is not present. All charges are dropped"
211: "Word. What are you doing after court, your Honoress?"

Ahhh, the fresh air of freedom never smelled so good. Glad I took the time to prepare, because all of my effort pretty much guaranteed he wouldn't show...Chicken.

Speed safely,

Griff
twoeleven
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 23 (permalink) Old 02-06-2007, 10:53 PM
MV Cellist

Send a message via Yahoo to odonata Send a message via Skype™ to odonata
HAHAHA, SCORE!!!!!!

Priceless... congrats!

O D O N A T A

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 23 (permalink) Old 02-06-2007, 11:04 PM

I hear the jude was not wearing panties.
post #4 of 23 (permalink) Old 02-06-2007, 11:08 PM
FSL

Thumbs up

losers
post #5 of 23 (permalink) Old 02-06-2007, 11:10 PM
Administrator

Send a message via Yahoo to alvin
NICE ONE! Glad they didn't show up
post #6 of 23 (permalink) Old 02-06-2007, 11:17 PM

Sweet. Count your blessings though, I doubt it would work out that way every time. I honestly think that quoting the wrong code would have been enough in this case though.

'01 F4S
post #7 of 23 (permalink) Old 02-07-2007, 12:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by twoeleven
Judge: "Mr. Twoeleven?"
211: "What is it sweet-cheeks?"
Judge: "Mr. Twoeleven, the ticketing officer in your case is not present. All charges are dropped"
211: "Word. What are you doing after court, your Honoress?"
twoeleven

And was there a Krispy Kreme donut situated near the Courthouse?
post #8 of 23 (permalink) Old 02-07-2007, 12:42 AM

New Site Garage
Shame on you !! You should have taken her number

Kostas
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #9 of 23 (permalink) Old 02-07-2007, 12:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by acruhl
Sweet. Count your blessings though, I doubt it would work out that way every time. I honestly think that quoting the wrong code would have been enough in this case though.
I agree...Congrats on getting off

This reminds me, I once went the route (long before google earth) and got some aerial maps from the lands dept in defense of a speed dangerous charge. It was nearly twenty years back and I was rolling down a very long steep hill that was lane divided (back then not even our main roads were divided...some still aren't including most of our highways).

It was 2 o'clock in the morning not a car in sight...including the police car tucked in the side street on the other side of the road.

I was (eventually) pulled over and after a warning I was told to be on my way and that was the end of it...no ticket , just a summons a couple of weeks later

Anyway it was a 60kph zone and I was literally rolling down doing the hill at 102kph...just fast enough to be speed dangerous (40kph over the limit...I think it might even be as low as 30kph now???)

I had it all and marked out, there were no entry or exit points on this part of the road and it was indeed of of the safest streches of road in the country...I was pretty chuffed with myself and was convinced common sense would prevail. The judge barely glanced at my hard work, was not interested in what I had to say, he just glanced at me and in a deep disinterested tone mumbled 6months loss of license and AU$320 fine...plus court costs...next case please. ...
post #10 of 23 (permalink) Old 02-07-2007, 02:24 AM
lk

Perfect.. thats what happened to me once.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode