Scotland in Spring Time - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 02-05-2007, 08:59 AM Thread Starter
Established Member

Scotland in Spring Time

??

Last edited by frenaugo; 06-27-2012 at 05:23 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 02-05-2007, 01:50 PM
Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by frenaugo
P.S. When is Midget season and when does it warm up past 10C up InScotland is April a bit ambitious ?

McRicc
I'm not going to take the piss but merely point out that I assume you mean season for the midges (i.e. biting insects).

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Keep one wheel down!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

If you can't fix it with a hammer you've got an electrical problem!

No MV's in the garage anymore
but I pop in here from time to time
. Come to think of it I don't have a garage since the old one burnt down!
But.....a new one is currently rising from the ashes......watch this space!
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 02-05-2007, 02:04 PM

Riccardo,
I have been to Scotland about 5 or 6 times now and April can be early but you need to go early or late to avoid the midges.
I would recomend the A82 from Tyndrum (stop at the Green Welly cafe as its a biker meeting place) to Glencoe and on to Fort William. Keep on the A82 from Fort William to Inverness as the ride down the side of Loch Ness is to die for.
If you fancy a detour to Sky turn off the A82 at Invergarry onto the A87.

It doesn't matter which road you take (Outside of the Motorways) as they are all either scenic and fast or tight and twisty.
This has to be bikers heaven and it's part of the UK.
Enjoy...
Bob....
post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 02-05-2007, 03:02 PM

From halfway down Loch Ness, (I forget the name of the town), turn off and take the coast road A77 down towards Stranraer. It's an awesome road!!

Si
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 02-05-2007, 05:20 PM

Get on it ,13 deg last week. As of yet midgies cant bite through leathers and helmets so unless you are camping dont worry .
If you have time do a loop round by Oban ,the roads will keep you warm,off the M9 at j10, pass by Doune ,dont know if the Motor museum is still there,it used to host the Doune Hillclimb event. A84 to Lochearnhead,A85 Crianlarich,A82 to Tarbet,A83 Lochgilphead then just follow coast through Oban Ballachulish to Ft William and on to Inverness. That should fill most of your day.If time is tight A82
Crianlarich Tyndrum Glencoe ........Inverness.

Sunday ,Ullapool then across to Dufftown ,head for Ballater Braemar Glenshee Perth Edinburgh . Try the A68 down to Darlington ,some good air time can be had on that one.
Beware cameras A9 ,A68, A90 Aberdeen to Perth ,A74M Lockerbie, camera van on flyover often!
Remember not too many fuel stations in Highlands and even less open on Sunday so plan the stops.
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 02-05-2007, 05:34 PM
The Dude

Wow...Scotland! Fantastic riding up there. I'm going to have to find my map book to see my precise routes, but there is certainly good stuff.

Ullapool is quite pretty, I do recommend it. There was a B&B I stayed at there that was biker friendly (let you pull your bikes into the back yard) and functioned as an animal sanctuary as well. Run by an English guy and his missus.

I've done the John O'Groats route all the way across the top. Very windy. Once you get up there though, you are pretty commited to going the whole way, not really many other roads to choose from!

'06 MV Agusta Brutale 910 || '03 MV Agusta F4 750 - Moto Corse Challenge 2 || '05 Yamaha FJR1300A || '04 Honda CBR600RR || '96 Honda XR250 || '90 Honda CBR250RR (MC22) || '89 Honda VT250 Spada

Tokyo, Japan

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode